Shadow_Master

Like system changes

47 posts in this topic

I just noticed "likes" became now anonymous,can i ask what the point is in that?Since ppl talk and discuss things here wasnt it nice that we knew which ppl agreed with our posts or supported them?

P.S.: if you liked this,thanks,but i have no idea who you are lol.

8 people like this

odd, mine has been like that forever just recently I am able to seen them again. I am not aware of any changes that were made to the forums. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, JPops said:

odd, mine has been like that forever just recently I am able to seen them again. I am not aware of any changes that were made to the forums. 

hm,weird thing,until 10 minutes ago i could ppl who like mt comments or everyone else's comments,now i cant see anyone's name in likes.Now it says:"1 person likes this" and in my notifications "<name> liked your post" is now replaced by "somebody liked your post".

One thing i know for sure is that i didnt change anything in my prof settings.I guess it will come back as it was soon since you guys didnt change anything in the like system.

1 person likes this

Having the same issue. It's fucking annoying. 

1 person likes this

Yep have the same issue. Is strange. An "anonymous like" system on a gaming community forum!? :/ 

1 person likes this

Who else first thought there was someone with the username "somebody"? :D

Somebody really likes me...

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Nomadder said:

I did lol.hahaha i thought someone was named "somebody".

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Nomadder said:

Yup! I thought the same thing. Haha. The likes have been anonymous for the last week and a half for me. Not sure I understand the reason....

1 person likes this

I agree on the for 4 days now. A t least that's when I noticed it. Hate seeing "somebody" liked your post. I wonder if this was a secret implementation to avoid people only liking their friends comments. It's weird that JPops had it the other way then it got switched around for everyone. 

3 people like this

Maybe if everyone who likes a comment actually writes "liked" they change it back.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Maybe if everyone who likes a comment actually writes "liked" they change it back.

Liked but out of likes..... so mentally liked! Will return the favor later.

1 person likes this

This is logged in

TOWLjuZ.png

This is logged off

UT4crP2.png

1 person likes this

On 10/15/2017 at 5:19 PM, Tattooey said:

This is logged in

This is logged off

Liked.

Also, use an incognito tap on Chrom and you can see. The plot thickens....

Don't have an iPhone for snapshot like you or I would show.

On 10/15/2017 at 5:19 PM, Tattooey said:

This is logged in

This is logged off

Well isnt that weird now?wow.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I agree on the for 4 days now. A t least that's when I noticed it. Hate seeing "somebody" liked your post. I wonder if this was a secret implementation to avoid people only liking their friends comments. It's weird that JPops had it the other way then it got switched around for everyone. 

If that's the case it's totally pointless... as friends can still see it's their friend post of which they are going to "like". You'd have to make forum names anonymous as well. :lol: 

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I like this comment. Seems like it's been about 4 days now.

This change was 100% intentional. Bet on it.

It's a shame we're starting to head down this road...

This is something that has gone off and on for me over the past few weeks. I suspect it has something to do with the transition on the Forum services in the background, and not necessarily an intentional change.

1 hour ago, Shadow_Master said:

Well isnt that weird now?wow.

Very peculiar indeeD...

56 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

If that's the case it's totally pointless... as friends can still see it's their friend post of which they are going to "like". You'd have to make forum names anonymous as well. :lol: 

Hahahaha at least we would still all know when @Truen1ghtmare posts...

33 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I like this comment. Seems like it's been about 4 days now.

This change was 100% intentional. Bet on it.

It's a shame we're starting to head down this road...

I liked this comment. I am like concerned where the like system is like heading. Who was like concerned about liking other posters liked comments enough to like complain about it being liked by alike friends.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Very peculiar indeeD...

Hahahaha at least we would still all know when @Truen1ghtmare posts...

I liked this comment. I am like concerned where the like system is like heading. Who was like concerned about liking other posters liked comments enough to like complain about it being liked by alike friends.

"Forum friends" generally build an understanding and knowing of each other (through walls of onscreen text) if they share opinions, agree on things, have a similar outlook, have banter, shared interest, same sense of humour etc etc. Just as they would in the "real world". I don't think people purposefully "like" a friend's post just because they "know" them, they would often agree and share the same opinion anyway (hence the likes) -  and the notion of upping "like counts" between grown adults is minimal to non-existent I'd say. This isn't elementary/primary school. I've never "liked" for the sake of liking, and I've certainly never had the desire to gain likes or look "popular" (if that's what you would call it) on a message forum. I'm a grown man. I left school many years ago. :lol:  

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

"Forum friends" generally build an understanding and knowing of each other (through walls of onscreen text) if they share opinions, agree on things, have a similar outlook, have banter, shared interest, same sense of humour etc etc. Just as they would in the "real world". I don't think people purposefully "like" a friend's post just because they "know" them, they would often agree and share the same opinion anyway (hence the likes) -  and the notion of upping "like counts" between grown adults is minimal to non-existent I'd say. This isn't elementary/primary school. I've never "liked" for the sake of liking, and I've certainly never had the desire to gain likes or look "popular" (if that's what you would call it) on a message forum. I'm a grown man. I left school many years ago. :lol:  

Liked.

Ps. Glad you picked up on the sarcasm. 

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Liked.

Ps. Glad you picked up on the sarcasm. 

I'm British, I have sarcasm running through my veins - it's in my DNA! :lol:;)

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

Lmao very liked!

2 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Same. Liked. 

I miss the old like system. I liked seeing the names of who liked my post.

Carousel-Somebody-Likes-It.jpg