[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes - 10.11.2017

81 posts in this topic

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Found this. It's either from Steam community discussions or from Discord. Probably discord. Note, was not stated on the OFFICIAL forums or on the official website. <_<

951gup7ghmtz.jpg

Wouldn't you agree they should nerf grab then buff weapon?

(Jason)Change combat stance swing to normal swing, for faster combat, and utility against groups, range and radius increased

2 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

Wouldn't you agree they should nerf grab then buff weapon?

(Jason)Change combat stance swing to normal swing, for faster combat, and utility against groups, range and radius increased

The hitbox for Jason's weapons needs to be bigger and at the same time the grab radius needs a reduction to less than that of the shortest weapons.

And also remove the lock-on in combat stance from counselor to counselor. There's no reason to lock on to fellow teammates, only Jason.

Agree with many of the recent posts. The invisible window bubble / barrier absolutely needs to go, it's frustrating and makes no sense. The old way was perfect, it maintained fluidity and immediacy which it sorely lacks now. Regarding the grab range / radius, I do hope it'll be handled carefully and other changes be made to compensate if necessary. The lock-on in combat stance from counselor to counselor, as mentioned above, should also be removed since team-killing has been disabled.

Combat in general needs to be thoroughly examined. Many issues with hit detection exist, grab saves don't register, baseball bats don't stun 100% of the time (even though they're meant to). All of these issues together really undermine the interaction between Jason and counselors. Changes need to be made so that actions which are meant to work all the time do work all the time. 

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Please look into this. If you guys want a window destruction prompt, that's fine, but you MUST ensure it does not interfere with the original, very fluid window destruction system. I don't want to get sucked into a special animation when I attack a window with the left mouse button/left trigger.

I've read the threads relating to the windows and I'm looking into all of that right now

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

I've read the threads relating to the windows and I'm looking into all of that right now

Thank you for your hard work!

On 10/13/2017 at 9:34 PM, Dr. Lecter said:

If the 2 hits for barricaded doors is a bug that's fixed, Pt 4 will be borderline useless given his slow shift, slow water speed, limited traps, and normal morph. As it is, he's far less able to control a map than Pt. 2, which makes up for bad shift/water speed with a rapid morph, running, and many traps.

Knocking down doors fast just makes him more fun to chase counselors with, even if you know you're sacrificing the more important ability of objective control for that fun.

Even with water speed it wouldn't help much. Look at Jason 7. At least part 4 has decent pros. 7 ain't got shit.