might try to reason with Jason "don't kill me, I understand your pain, I'm a mama's boy too. Also I'm straight edge, no sex, no drugs, no alcohol... so technically you can't kill me."

yay someone who knows about "straight edge" !

This is exactly how I see it as well . Many people have expressed that they feel being a camp counselor is not going to be as fun as play as Jason . I believe the opposite .

Don't get me wrong , I would have as much fun as the next person charging into a group of scattering counselors . Then choosing which one I am going to run down and hack to bits , but the " oh no , oh no , oh no ! " feeling that comes with playing as a counselor is going a huge adrenaline rush . Hiding and wondering if you have been noticed or if you fear level is going to get higher and alert Jason to your presence .      

Jason is going to be like the hungry hungry hippo , Homer Simpson gobbling down donuts . Myself , I have always found hiding in a hide and seek game can be much more fun , then seeking . Your heart pumping faster as you go into the tool shed to find something needed to fix the car . Never knowing if your going to turn a corner or step through a doorway and come face to face with your doom . Wondering if your team mates are going to keep to the " plan " or if they are going to break their word and smirk as they drive off with other people . This game is going to rock .

This is just what the developers want they are gonna try and make playing a counsellor just as fun as jason. I also agree that playing the counsellors will be more fun as I love that feeling of not knowing when u will be scared its what makes horror movies such a joy.

I wonder how the spawn mechanic will be handled? If you die as a councelor are you just in free roam until the next match? Will there be a revive system? So many questions....

if you're dead, you're  dead. your digital ghost will float around the camp grounds to watch the other counselors struggle to prevent themselves from meating the same fate as you.

aka you're dead and gotta wait till the next round. anything else wouldnt make sense.

if you think a little bit about how the game is pitched and supposed to work, you could have gotten this info yourself really....

if you're dead, you're  dead. your digital ghost will float around the camp grounds to watch the other counselors struggle to prevent themselves from meating the same fate as you.

aka you're dead and gotta wait till the next round. anything else wouldnt make sense.

if you think a little bit about how the game is pitched and supposed to work, you could have gotten this info yourself really....

See, I'm hoping they don't allow free roam for dead players. They should only allow them to swap between watching the players that are still alive. If players are able to free roam, then that allows for people in party chats on Live or PSN to find and give away Jason's location to their still alive friends so they don't get surprised by him. I'm sure that's a big part of why Left 4 Dead didn't allow dead players to do anything other than follow the people that are still alive, so they wouldn't give away the location of the next boss hiding further down the level.

yeah thats what i meant basically.... the Civil War trailer destroyed my ability to think today

yeah thats what i meant basically.... the Civil War trailer destroyed my ability to think today

Best Reason I have heard in a while . Sweet Trailer .

Umm ok, where? You show me one place that says anything about if your dead your dead no chance of being revived, also show me where it says once your dead you can free roam and watch... I think u just make assumptions and we all know what that does, right?

My plan as Jason is "Ya'll gonna die"

My plan as a counsellor is "Fuck ya'll, I'm not dying"

... they're simple plans, but effective ones

Umm ok, where? You show me one place that says anything about if your dead your dead no chance of being revived, also show me where it says once your dead you can free roam and watch... I think u just make assumptions and we all know what that does, right?

No need to be short gentlemen. He's not incorrect, if you die you are dead. Most likely there will be a spectator mode while being dead. This game is Pre-alpha at this point and a lot can change between now and release as with any development process. So we will have to see where it goes from here.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the recent movie, The Final Girls?  One trope they called out and used was that when there is one survivor remaining, that survivor suddenly becomes a lot better at fighting and the killer seems to become more vulnerable.  That'd be a cool feature/reward for being the last counselor standing.  Maybe more powerful weapons suddenly appear nearby?  Maybe the adrenaline kicks in and you can do more damage?  Maybe the killer loses some vigor from having had to deal with all the other victims?  Maybe a mix of all that?

So if that were the case, then the strategy would be like most Friday the 13th movies to stay alive the longest then battle it out with Jason when you're figuratively backed against a wall.

Has anyone seen the recent movie, The Final Girls?  One trope they called out and used was that when there is one survivor remaining, that survivor suddenly becomes a lot better at fighting and the killer seems to become more vulnerable.  That'd be a cool feature/reward for being the last counselor standing.  Maybe more powerful weapons suddenly appear nearby?  Maybe the adrenaline kicks in and you can do more damage?  Maybe the killer loses some vigor from having had to deal with all the other victims?  Maybe a mix of all that?

So if that were the case, then the strategy would be like most Friday the 13th movies to stay alive the longest then battle it out with Jason when you're figuratively backed against a wall.

THIS!

i will not be on a boat lol.... remember jason came busting out of the water... So good luck with that xD

i will not be on a boat lol.... remember jason came busting out of the water... So good luck with that xD

In that case i won't be doing any swimming/skinny dipping lol no one is safe in the water.

• Like 1

I need to know more about the game mechanics yet, but in general terms I like being in a team that comes up with a gameplan and, if they split up, has an agreed meeting point to regroup. And I wouldn't want to stab people in the back if I can help it, don't like trolling or player killing.

If I can die in a really spectacular way, I'm just as happy as if I win. Spectacular forms of death don't sound rare in this game!

• Like 1

Maybe if you play as the "cheerleaders" stereotype you'll be able to stun jason with your short-shorts and tied shirts.

"Cheerleader used Debbie Does Dallas Attack"

"It's Super Effective"

As Jason I would have taken my time sneaking around, but with a time limit it's not going to be easy. As a counselor I'll take advantage of hiding spots when stranded and won't complain when found since it will be accompanied by an environmental kill. :lol:

Maybe if you play as the "cheerleaders" stereotype you'll be able to stun jason with your short-shorts and tied shirts.

I think that would more like stun fellow counsellors Jason would just cut her in half vertically 

Jason - Being direct can be helpful, but I'd probably go with stealthy, so they wouldn't know where to look. With direct, you can attack the entire group, but what if they get the jump on you? Jason would be killed, and you would fail. Stealthy, however, allows you to pick em off one by one. (Kinda hoping for a "Drag Body" feature, for those stealthy runs.) Although, on the downside of being stealthy, the counselors could get weapons and set traps, cause you're trying to be stealthy. Also, would really watch out for bear traps and stuff like that because Jason, although a brute force, is still killable. So, both strategies have its ups and downs. (I'm a bit hoping for a weapon choice in the start of the match, but it would also be fun to search for more... Creative weapons.)

Counselors - Simple stuff. Don't split up, unless there is absolutely no choice, cause being a coward gets you alive, while being a hero gets you killed. Set traps/get parts (Better yet, set traps near the escape routes,) and get weapons. Don't do too many major risks (Like if you see the last part, but Jason is near there.) If Jason is in the room with you, look for escape routes that isn't near Jason, otherwise you're gonna have a bad time. Have the weaker characters have guns and ammo, but have the stronger characters have melee weapons (Unless there is enough guns to go around, plus ammo, but I doubt it.) If there is stuff like first aid kits, give them to the more injured teammates, even if you are hurt.

(EDIT: Hopefully, a "??? has died" doesn't appear.)