WashingtonJones

What defines a tryhard Jason?

I don't despise it, actually. I'm pretty indifferent about it. I do like variations in clothing style. Seeing the same outfit gets boring. 

1 minute ago, SnakeSound222 said:

You do know some Jasons just want to mess around right? They don’t care about getting 8/8 or 7/7. They just want to have fun.

Yes, I'm one of them. 

I don't see the issues with most of the complaints here. A great Jason should be diverse and utilize traps. If you don't put traps at cars or phone box where would you put them? That's really a complaint? Ok. The only viable complaint for a try-hard Jason is one that stalks the same people while others escape. One match I was stalked exclusively by a Jason and survived for 11 minutes while 4 people fixed the car and escaped and 3 others stood in a cabin and did nothing. I was livid and could not believe I was the only person that was killed in that match. It was ridiculous, obsessive, and try-hard

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brevator said:

No one is complaining about Jason using traps. 

Not entirely true. People were complaining about jason putting more the one trap on objective. as if they deserve to not deal with that or something.

5 hours ago, Brevator said:

No one is complaining about Jason using traps. 

The first few posts complained about traps so yeah, people are complaining about traps. That would be the definition of complaining about traps... complaining about traps. 

I don't like to use the term try-hard. I do use the term "shit Jason". As in, "you are a shit Jason." I'm a fan of the series. I wanna see a bunch of different kills. I want Jason to be bad-ass. If the game ends with 7 asphyxiates, then it was a "shit Jason." Was he effective? Yeah. Was he skilled? That's debatable. Was he a good representation of Jason Voorhees in a video game? Not even close, pal. If it were a movie, I'd ask for my money back. Still, he's not here to entertain me. If that's the way he wants to play, there's no rule against it. Won't stop me from thinking he's shit as Jason, though, no matter how many kills he gets. If he smack talks while doing it, then I will let him know it, too.

I feel the same way about slash spammers for the same reason. I like to see the kills. I won't ever slash someone because I think they have a pocket knife. I don't care. I'm Jason fuckin' Voorhees. I will slash randomly to injure people especially if I surprised them. I just rarely do it to kill. I will slash to kill if I get ganged up on. Jason shouldn't ever look like a chump and having five Chads play whack-a-mole on you is just silly. Heavily injure the group or even kill one or two and the rest will run. They'll bitch and moan sometimes, but they'll run.

As for traps? I've never needed more than one at a location and rarely get less than 6/8 kills. Still, it's up to them to put 'em where they want 'em. If I see more than two traps at a spot, I generally think the player is being a little too scared of "losing" for whatever reason, be it ego or machismo. But I also have friends that'll three-trap the phone and I know they don't care about "winning" and they're skilled players. So, what the hell? Play however you want. Drop 7 traps on the damn phone for all I care.

In the end, there are entitled counselors who want to be able to escape every game. There are over-eager Jason players who think that if they don't 8/8 it means they have a small dick or something. Me? I just want a fun game with cool Jason kills and some jump scares. 

• Like 2

Try-hard Jason? I don't know. Probably Jasons who find me right at the start of the match and then tunnel me for 5+ minutes not caring about anything else. I once made a Twitch streamer rage quit because he wasted 7 minutes on chasing me, which obviously also meant that cops have been called and both cars fixed.

• Like 1

sounds more like most of you who say "try hard" are just mad because you can't survive a game without dying.. and have no real skill on survival.. the game is not called "Jason take it easy on me." 

It's Friday the 13th, where Jason left bodies after bodies without mercy..

On 12/10/2017 at 5:32 PM, Brevator said:

What's pathetic is putting 4 traps in front of the phone because you're not skilled enough to kill seven players or less in five minutes. 

So who decided on the rules of what Jason/ counselors can and can't do?

I have only ever had 1 trap at the phone but I do confessed to putting all my traps out side the steps of the Packanack lodge and see how many boddies I can pile up. My record is 4.

What's pathetic is putting 4 traps in front of the phone because you're not skilled enough to kill seven players or less in five minutes. 

I have only ever had 1 trap at the phone but I do confessed to putting all my traps out side the steps of the Packanack lodge and see how many boddies I can pile up. My record is 4.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:55 PM, Truth said:

Perfect explanations. Mods, you can close this now, @matisangry and @SolidusPrime just dropped the mic.

This.

I've stalk/shift killed a dude before and he moaned loudly 

"*try hard! We got a try hard here!! Try hard!!!"

Lol 

Only salty people who take games way to serious will moan or cry about dying in this.

On 10/13/2017 at 0:43 AM, SnakeSound222 said:

You do know some Jasons just want to mess around right? They don’t care about getting 8/8 or 7/7. They just want to have fun.

That's how I play.

I like to try and give all players a fun experience, I dont mind if anyone escapes etc.

I let people shoot me and generally give people chances. To give a more film like experience, as a counsellor I help do objectives but like to stay behind and try to fight.

• I don't mind multiple traps, that just means other objectives are going to be wide open.
  • I don't mind getting slashed, it just means I didn't block or move out of the way fast enough.
  • I don't mind getting spawn-killed, I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Shit happens. (Notable exception: getting spawn-killed as Tommy during his animation. Never happened to me, but I'd hate it if that happened).
  • I don't mind getting head punched or choked (though it's kinda boring as a spectator when a Jason spam those).
  • I don't even mind that much if I get tunneled because it's forcing me to up my game and be resourceful while objectives are getting completed.

The only time I ever called someone playing Jason anything equivalent to a try-hard, was in one match where my counselor bugged out on me and I couldn't attack, use items or interact with anything, all I could do was walk. When Jason appeared, I told him what was going on, and asked him to just grab me and then let me go (I noticed before how that usually solves that bug), and that I'd just run away from any objectives, at which point he was free to chase me down. He agreed, but took the easy grab kill anyway, when all I wanted, really, was the chance to actually play for my survival rather than be the meat equivalent of an unbarricaded door.

One thing I have to say about the patch, is that I haven't heard anyone say try-hard since. 

3 hours ago, Malken said:
  • He agreed, but took the easy grab kill anyway, when all I wanted, really, was the chance to actually play for my survival rather than be the meat equivalent of an unbarricaded door.

I do that sometimes as Jason, but if I'm the one glitched. I just did it like 20 mins ago to a friend, which I kinda feel bad. I couldn't swing or interacted with A (controller on PC). I could grab but I couldn't activate the kill. So I grabbed her and saw that A wasn't working but felt pretty confident that mashing all the buttons would solve the problem and it did, and she was not very happy. But I might have just solved a big problem by being a dick. Eggs, omelets....you know. 

Sometimes I just feel like getting my sadistic on. If I morph to the phone at the beginning and someone jumps out a window right at my feet....I have to kill them. Those are just little pennies from heaven, I can't pass them up. And it's not about winning with that, it's about catching the vibe....the merciless killer Jason vibe.  Which is why I have a soft spot for slashers....it's brutal.

20 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

One thing I have to say about the patch, is that I haven't heard anyone say try-hard since. 

Because they decided to moan and complain... so now the game makes it more of an advantage for the counselors.Granted the range needed a fix.. but i think they went over board with it.. a lot of times when your next to them it legitly wont grab them.. I have a feeling it might turn to another Dead by Day Light.. where the survivors have it very easy and the killer is basically useless.

No I mean I haven't heard a counselor say try-hard. What do they have to moan about?

I still think people are overreacting to the grab though. The only problem is whiffing around when people are too close. That's it

On 10/11/2017 at 7:11 AM, ChadFace said:

Placing more than two traps on the phone at a given time.

Stalk Shifting. 

Slashing everyone to death or asphyxiating everyone. 

Traps and Stalk Shifting has nothing to do with being a Try Hard Jason.. Thats basic game play.  The PHONE is game over for Jason..  Stalk Shifting is basic game play.

But, Choking or Head Punching everyone for no real reason, thats  pretty much a Try Hard.    If Jasons only does the same kills and only quick kills..hes try hardering.