Just now, Brevator said:

No, spamming quick kills and excessive trapping does. 

So if I spam quick kills and "excessive" traps and I'm still a bad Jason, I'm a bitch? 

Two traps at the phone can be disarmed without so much as a whisper if people are working together. Not saying I do it, but I have no problem with people that do. I thought the devs specifically said traps are for objective control.

What makes a counselor a "bitch"? Just curious.

Playing "The Window Game", for starters. I could start a whole other topic on them. 

2 minutes ago, Brevator said:

What's pathetic is putting 4 traps in front of the phone because you're not skilled enough to kill seven players or less in five minutes. 

LOL this guy. "The game gives you traps ... but don't use them or some guy named Brevator on the internet will question your 'skill'. Nope, just leave that phone box alone so the little whiny man can call the cops. You don't want Mister be-all-end-all self described bad-ass to think less of you."

Man, you are seriously a funny guy. Funny funny guy.

Guess you can't make it the 20 minutes in a match. Need that phone as a crutch.

Side note: anyone on PS4 who plays with ole Brev here make sure to let him have it every time he's Jason and a match lasts longer than 5 minutes.

According to him, he can wipe everyone in 5 minutes or less, every time. Make sure to call him on it when he doesn't.

• Like 2

Well I trap wherever I want. Whatever amount of times I want.

I also typically clean sweep most of the counsellors. I don't understand how that has made me have "Not enough skill" to be a good Jason.

Must have been said by a bitch.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Playing "The Window Game", for starters. I could start a whole other topic on them. 

That's why you should always grab knives when you are Jason.  Eventually you line yourself up right and between knives and broken glass escapes they die. Stalk can also be used to trick them into thinking its safe to go outside a window you are standing next to. 

A 'try hard' Jason is a derogatory term used by cry babies who can't stand being killed.

Seriously.  I don't get it.  Jason's a psychopathic killer.  He's not there to reason with you.  He shouldn't let you go because you asked nicely or because you wanted to survive a little longer or want to get a head start to run away.

Let's talk about slashing. Why do people complain that Jason slashes when there's a big group of counselor's at objectives?  Why would it make any fucking sense at all for the Jason player, given the mechanics of the game, to grab a counselor when you're just going to get stunned every time.  It's a losing strategy for Jason, given counselor's are in groups.

Another funny one is people quitting after they die like they're sooooo pissed off.  Sorry cupcakes, but no.  You're not going to survive every time.  Deal with it.

I will say that Jason players who use the same kill animation over and over again are rather boring and do it for the sake of having an instant grab-kill, but again, Jason's there to kill you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

A 'try hard' Jason is a derogatory term used by cry babies who can't stand being killed.

Seriously.  I don't get it.  Jason's a psychopathic killer.  He's not there to reason with you.  He shouldn't let you go because you asked nicely or because you wanted to survive a little longer or want to get a head start to run away.

Let's talk about slashing. Why do people complain that Jason slashes when there's a big group of counselor's at objectives?  Why would it make any fucking sense at all for the Jason player, given the mechanics of the game, to grab a counselor when you're just going to get stunned every time.  It's a losing strategy for Jason, given counselor's are in groups.

Another funny one is people quitting after they die like they're sooooo pissed off.  Sorry cupcakes, but no.  You're not going to survive every time.  Deal with it.

I will say that Jason players who use the same kill animation over and over again are rather boring and do it for the sake of having an instant grab-kill, but again, Jason's there to kill you.

All true except it makes perfect sense to grab them.  The kills are much cooler.  

4 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

All true except it makes perfect sense to grab them.  The kills are much cooler.  

Yeah slash kills are boring, but given a Jason is fighting a large group with weapons, Jason would never get that grab kill anyways.  Slashing is the only thing Jason can do in that situation.

I like to see a variety of kills from Jason.  I do see a lot of 4 second long chokes and 3 second long head punches.  That is a Jason who purely plays to win.

But even when Jason doesn't slash or Jason does everything the 'correct' way how people want  him too, they'll still complain or call Jason an asshole and what not.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 10:47 AM, Archgamer said:

The term tryhard stems from the group of people who are salty about getting killed and think that they are privileged.

Nobody has a right to tell you how you should be playing as Jason.

Volumes of truth spoken here!

14 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

But even when Jason doesn't slash or Jason does everything the 'correct' way how people want  him too, they'll still complain or call Jason an asshole and what not.

Exactly! 

Some people are just assholes no matter the circumstance. They'll never be happy. 

I've seen the same player get upset at both slasher Jason's for not grabbing and grabbing Jason's for not doing whatever they wanted them to do. Crazy how terrible some people are...

1 hour ago, dmack621 said:

LOL this guy. "The game gives you traps ... but don't use them or some guy named Brevator on the internet will question your 'skill'. Nope, just leave that phone box alone so the little whiny man can call the cops. You don't want Mister be-all-end-all self described bad-ass to think less of you."

Side note: anyone on PS4 who plays with ole Brev here make sure to let him have it every time he's Jason and a match lasts longer than 5 minutes.

According to him, he can wipe everyone in 5 minutes or less, every time. Make sure to call him on it when he doesn't.

I don't need to put four traps in front of a phone to get a perfect score. Sorry that I'm a better Jason than you are and how salty that makes you.

3 minutes ago, Brevator said:

I don't need to put four traps in front of a phone to get a perfect score. Sorry that I'm a better Jason than you are and how salty that makes you.

I don't understand why people can't play the way they want to play?

Are you really sorry that you're a better Jason than me? I don't really think it matters if you're the best Jason in the world. You sound like someone who rage quits, frequently.

Dude, it's a video game. Relax. 

• Like 1

I don't know that "Try-Hard" is a derogatory term for Jason, I mean, he's trying hard to kill us, that's his raison d'etre.  I hate dying, just like the next man/woman, but there's no way around it:  if you play this game (as Jason or counselor) YOU WILL DIE.  I wish I could make those letters six feet tall.  Snowflakes seem to miss them otherwise.

Let me repeat that, for some are swimming in that river in Egypt called Denial:  YOU ARE GOING TO DIE IN THIS GAME.  And furthermore, YOU ARE NOT THE BEST PLAYER EVER.  There are players here who wear "S" on their chests and can't handle being bested;  but ya know what, even Superman dies.  So get over yourselves.

The only things a Jason (and counselor too) can do which will set me off are, 1.) chase me across the map while ignoring others,  and 2.) use idiotic voice synths and/or play loud music/noise when stalking.  Seriously:  JASON DOESN'T TALK, AND HE SURE DOESN'T LIKE HEARING WHITE BOYS TRY HARD TO BE DRIZZY.

1 hour ago, Brevator said:

I don't play Part 2 Jason. You'd gather that if you actually read before responding.  And judging by your bitchfit over playstyle, I am quite sure you aren't that great of a Jason.

I don't need Jason to play a certain way in order to survive. I'm sorry that I'm a better counselor than you are and how much that puts your panties in a bunch.

3 hours ago, dmack621 said:

I don't play Part 2 Jason. You'd gather that if you actually read before responding.  And judging by your bitchfit over playstyle, I am quite sure you aren't that great of a Jason.

I don't need Jason to play a certain way in order to survive. I'm sorry that I'm a better counselor than you are and how much that puts your panties in a bunch.

Judging by your manner of discourse, coming in here calling everyone "bitches", you're probably not very good at the game at all. You sound like every other toxic 13 year old I've ever been in a lobby with. This was a perfectly civil discussion until you showed up. I don't need to call people "bitches" to get my point across. That's the sign of a weak argument. 

3 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Judging by your manner of discourse, coming in here calling everyone "bitches", you're probably not very good at the game at all. 

6 hours ago, Brevator said:

Q. Who the fuck puts more than three traps in front of the phone and spams quick kills? 

-->A. Bitches. Bitches who know they aren't very good at being Jason. 

Being a bitch is not "good play", nor does it have anything to do with your ability as a counselor. I'm Level 101 and I've escaped as every single counselor, including the new one. 

Excessive trapping and quick kill spamming are signs of a bitch Jason. 

Pot, meet kettle.

I'm not the one who needs people to alter their play style in order to successfully play.

We get it, you need people to stand still for you. If they do ANYTHING that causes you to not win, they aren't "skilled" ... LOL You are just digging the hole deeper.

Please just stop embarrassing yourself. 

Exaggerating the other person's argument in order to make it easier for you to attack it is known as "straw-manning", and it's poor form. 

You used the term "bitches" before anyone else did, I only used it to satirically mirror your childish comment, so let's not make false equivalences.

If you possessed anything remotely resembling literacy, you would be able to understand the difference between the words "excessive trapping" and "Jason should never use traps ever", which I never said.

Again, that's the strawman fallacy. 

Shit is right there in black and white. You don't like it when someone plays in a way that doesn't fit your own comfort zone. There is no straw man. Get a better argument ... better yet, try getting better at the game instead of complaining about how other people play.

Protip: No one cares how great you think you are as Jason or a counselor.

And coming here saying that using traps or playing a certain way is a "lack of skill" is nothing more than you trying to feed your own ego and ignore your own shortcomings. Nobody has to alter their play style to accommodate you or get your "approval." 

The topic is "What defines a tryhard Jason", I simply pointed out the factors that I believe go into a Jason that tries too hard and isn't very confident in their ability to be a good Jason. I'm not complaining about anything. If anyone is complaining here, it's you, calling people "bitches" for having the audacity to share their opinions about someone else's methods. 

Obviously, my comments struck a nerve with you, causing you to call me a "bitch" in your very first comment, which tells me that you're one of the very people I'm talking about.

Maybe you're the one who needs to get better at the game. 

And for the second time, I never said that using traps equals tryhard. I said "excessive trapping". Do you know what the word "excessive" means? 

My very first comment was a direct and very sarcastic response to your need to call people bitches in the comment I replied to. Again, I don't play part 2 Jason and will never have 4-5 traps to spare on a phone box. But why are the people that do bitches? Because you say so? Which basically is the only reason I even replied to it.

I don't care what way people play Jason or a counselor so long as it isn't cheating. 

6 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Oh I’ll catch it on stream. I stream every single one of my F13 games. 

My use of the term "bitches" was in direct response to another comment where it was used. 

I don't care how anyone plays either, because I'll escape every time, unless I have to sacrifice myself for the rest of the team. Again, there was no complaining on my end, and if you read it that way, you're mistaking the tone of my words. I was just pointing out what defines a tryhard Jason, and I think we've covered it. 

"According to him, he can wipe everyone in 5 minutes or less, every time. Make sure to call him on it when he doesn't."

Yeah, never said that either. You must be reading someone else's comments. 

2 minutes ago, Brevator said:

My use of the term "bitches" was in direct response to another comment where it was used. 

I don't care how anyone plays either, because I'll escape every time, unless I have to sacrifice myself for the rest of the team. Again, there was no complaining on my end, and if you read it that way, you're mistaking the tone of my words. I was just pointing out what defines a tryhard Jason, and I think we've covered it. 

Unfortunately, there is no tone on the internet haha

Reading something one way or another happens all the time. All good.

34 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Exaggerating the other person's argument in order to make it easier for you to attack it is known as "straw-manning", and it's poor form. 

You used the term "bitches" before anyone else did, I only used it to satirically mirror your childish comment, so let's not make false equivalences.

If you possessed anything remotely resembling literacy, you would be able to understand the difference between the words "excessive trapping" and "Jason should never use traps ever", which I never said.

Again, that's the strawman fallacy. 

These sentences and buzzwords suggest to me that you despise Tiffany's spring break bikini.  Honest question, am I right?

1 minute ago, Brevator said:

You do know some Jasons just want to mess around right? They don’t care about getting 8/8 or 7/7. They just want to have fun.