RustInPeace

Physical Release for backers VS Retail

352 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

Mods why do you keep removing posts? The post showing that LR Games said they were done is now gone, you edited my post and removed my comment on that post!! 

Because someone else had it in their post above yours. When quoting you should delete the extra unnecessary content. @AldermachXI has the link in his post, you can view it there (a few posts above yours).

what ever happened to the soundtrack backers were supposed to get?

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

Because someone else had it in their post above yours. When quoting you should delete the extra unnecessary content. @AldermachXI has the link in his post, you can view it there (a few posts above yours).

Originally I had made two posts and they combined them which I was fine with, but they shouldn't delete my comment which has happened, even if they removed the quoted image my comment shouldn't have been deleted. There was nothing in there that is disallowed. 

Just now, StormShadow said:

Originally I had made two posts and they combined them which I was fine with, but the shouldn't delete my comment which has happened, even if they removed the quoted image my comment shouldn't have been deleted. There was nothing in there that is disallowed. 

Oh I don't know what you said there. I just noticed the quote that had no quote. What did you say?

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Oh I don't know what you said there. I just noticed the quote that had no quote. What did you say?

I said the same thing that I mentioned in my thread that they also closed. I said that LR Games saying they are done shipping means that some of us may never get our copies.  I didn't back at the steelbook which from what we've seen are the only ones getting an exclusive cover and since they are done shipping everything that doesn't have this which they told me in an email and they said in a tweet, that means i'm just SOL on my copy since any contact I've tried to make with Gun about this just goes unanswered. I wish I had a way to just chat up Randy like some guy did earlier in the thread, at least he's got them to reply to him and he's going to get his copy.  Better read this quick because it'll probably be deleted again.

4 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

I said the same thing that I mentioned in my thread that they also closed. I said that LR Games saying they are done shipping means that some of us may never get our copies.  I didn't back at the steelbook which from what we've seen are the only ones getting an exclusive cover and since they are done shipping everything that doesn't have this which they told me in an email and they said in a tweet, that means i'm just SOL on my copy since any contact I've tried to make with Gun about this just goes unanswered. I wish I had a way to just chat up Randy like some guy did earlier in the thread, at least he's got them to reply to him and he's going to get his copy.  Better read this quick because it'll probably be deleted again.

Damn... I don't even know what to say...

9 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

I said the same thing that I mentioned in my thread that they also closed. I said that LR Games saying they are done shipping means that some of us may never get our copies.  

So you quoted the tweet I posted, yet failed to read the message. Or at least to understand it.

"We've sent out everything we currently can and are waiting for components to be delivered to us before we can finish up what is left."

So basically, Gun is sending them components in waves of some sort - probably due to slow production in general. If you're wondering why it's slow...

19 minutes ago, Truth said:

Damn... I don't even know what to say...

I don't know either, the thread was closed for misinformation and my comment was just removed.  I don't believe I ever said it was confirmed our copies would never come I said that we MAY never get them which is possible. I mean i've received no tracking/shipping info and i get cricket from Gun no matter how I try and contact them.

@AldermachXI I just saw your reply so I'll reply to you in an edit. I've spoken to them and the components they are waiting for are the cardboard slip covers.  They've sent all of the regular versions out since you know we got lied to and aren't getting the kickstarter exclusive cover art on normal preorders.  So since I didn't order the steelbook that is the only one that seems to be getting the slip cover. I don't see how my comment in any way should have been removed, especially with no reason as to why.

32 minutes ago, The Sandman said:

what ever happened to the soundtrack backers were supposed to get?

They've said on Twitter that we will get the soundtrack when Single Player is released - so we get all of the music from the game. I've ordered the digital copy so I imagine that should be pretty instantaneous.

9 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

@AldermachXI I just saw your reply so I'll reply to you in an edit. I've spoken to them and the components they are waiting for are the cardboard slip covers.  They've sent all of the regular versions out since you know we got lied to and aren't getting the kickstarter exclusive cover art on normal preorders.  So since I didn't order the steelbook that is the only one that seems to be getting the slip cover. I don't see how my comment in any way should have been removed, especially with no reason as to why.

That's what we're asking Gun for clarification on - Who was SUPPOSED to get the exclusive cover? No one seems to know for sure.

It seems all physical backers were expecting an exclusive cover. But apparently it was only for Steelbooks. Not sure if it's a case that no one read the details thoroughly or what. But that's what I'm trying to figure out. Devs won't respond though (and they usually respond to nearly all my tweets). So my guess is, there's bad news they don't wanna give.

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

That's what we're asking Gun for clarification on - Who was SUPPOSED to get the exclusive cover? No one seems to know for sure.

It seems all physical backers were expecting an exclusive cover. But apparently it was only for Steelbooks. Not sure if it's a case that no one read the details thoroughly or what. But that's what I'm trying to figure out. Devs won't respond though (and they usually respond to nearly all my tweets). So my guess is, there's bad news they don't wanna give.

That's also the other problem. My pledge clearly states Kickstarter exclusive cover art but I've talked to many people who backed on Kickstarter NOT Backerkit and they did not get this. So while I could be wrong and my regular copy is pending a slip cover, from what we've seen so far many backers that SHOULD get this art have not received it. That is why I'm saying that it's likely i'll not ever get my copy since LR Games is saying those copies have been sent and I have not received any tracking on mine.

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Thanks @karmakaze

I'm curious to hear their response.

"Hey, we are sorry.  Here's another double xp weekend!"

And....still no shipping confirmation email.  

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Well, according to KS all physical backers were supposed to get a Ks exclusive art cover. As far as the backerkit goes i'm not sure. Been looking for details on it. But if backerkit is just getting retail copies why did it take so long to ship them? That makes no sense. 

If someone bought a physical on backerkit they should check the confirmation email and see if it lists order details then post it and let us all know. 

@StormShadow Did you order on backerkit?  If so, does your order confirmation list the details of physical copy? Or, can you login to backerkit and check? 

1 person likes this

Those mentioning no confirmation e-mail: There are many reports from people who received their copies without a confirmation e-mail (or it ended up in their spam/junk folder and they didn't notice).

We'll call it an oversight...

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Those mentioning no confirmation e-mail: There are many reports from people who received their copies without a confirmation e-mail (or it ended up in their spam/junk folder and they didn't notice).

The purchase confirmation from backerkit might list the details  as to if those  copies were to have exclusive artwork covers. Or logging in to backerkit might list purchase details. I would love to know if backerkit lists the details if anyone purchased their copy from them. 

1 person likes this

ALL physical backers are supposed to get the exclusive cover. That’s the ENTIRE excuse given as to why they were the last to receive their copy. Because they said the cover is different from the retail copy, which is why they can’t just sent them a retail copy before or at the same time as the general public. But that’s EXACTLY what they are doing. A month after the general public. So yes. ALL physical backer copies are supposed to have an exclusive cover. 

16 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

No confirmation in any folder.  

This is what the email sent to me on October 27th, 2017:

New Shipping Date (Nov. 6th)

We regretfully must announce additional delays for the physical items ordered from Kickstarter and BackerKit. We’ve had continued issues and manufacturing mistakes come up with our chosen producers. They are trying to rectify the mistakes to get back on track, but time has been lost to the various issues we’ve been dealing with.

The biggest issue was multiple setbacks with the glue used for the Kickstarter exclusive cover sleeves, as well as on the Steelbook case sleeves. All copies of the game and bonus items will now begin shipping to backers starting Nov. 6th. If everything comes in ahead of schedule we will do our best to begin shipping sooner, but we’d rather err in favor of the 6th here so we don’t end up in the same situation again. Our deepest apologies to everyone affected, but please understand that the items for Kickstarter/Backerkit are not from the same manufacturers as the physical copies that are in the stores. These were separate orders placed and have no correlation to the games released into retail channels.

In addition to the prior two bonus items we announced in the last update email, we’re now adding double-sided mini-posters to every order. The mini-posters feature our key art with Jason from Part III in front of a campfire, and on the other side the Part II Baghead Jason concept art we released during our Kickstarter campaign.

Friday the 13th Die Cut Magnet - https://imgur.com/rEtJNbk
 Jason Part IV Sticker - https://imgur.com/JQe6EHu
Mini-Poster Front: https://imgur.com/CU6DbLy & Back: https://imgur.com/YxhwesB

In addition to the bonus physical items every backer that got a physical copy of the game received a digital copy of the game at launch so that when the physical versions arrived, they could choose to keep them sealed for collecting. Please continue to play the new updated content on the free digital copies that were sent.

Physical Item Updates

Some quick reminder updates on what's going on for each physical item.

·       Physical Game Copies: All versions of the game will be sent out as soon as our manufacturing partners deliver all items. This includes the regular physical edition, the Steelbook collector's edition (Rev 1 & Rev 2), as well as all signed editions. All Kickstater editions have custom exclusive cover sleeves, and the machete steelbooks will please collectors for years to come. We’re sorry for these issues but have no control over manufacturing, nor shipping, until the items are delivered to us.

So we are supposed receive "exclusive sleeves" and it's supposed to be different than retail but obviously it's not. This shit pisses me off.

2 minutes ago, bananakill said:

So we are supposed receive "exclusive sleeves" and it's supposed to be different than retail but obviously it's not. This shit pisses me off.

Exactly. They fucking lied. Even the disc copies people are receiving are supposed to be different than the retail copies. Even without the sleeves. But they are not. They are the same standard retail discs. 

6 minutes ago, bananakill said:

So, what this is saying is if you bought off of Kickstarter, then yes you get a different cover.  Backerkit, no different cover?

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

So, what this is saying is if you bought off of Kickstarter, then yes you get a different cover.  Backerkit, no different cover?

No. It says Kickstarter/Backerkit. It also says the disc and case themselves are supposed to be different from retail. Not just the sleeve. Which is a fucking lie, because they are just shipping out the standard retail copies. 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Exactly. They fucking lied. Even the disc copies people are receiving are supposed to be different than the retail copies. Even without the sleeves. But they are not. They are the same standard retail discs. 

I love how they throw in there we can keep it sealed as a collectors item. Yeah, such a collectors item I can go purchase the exact same copy at the store right now.

And my copy still has not been shipped. 

Just now, bananakill said:

I love how they throw in there we can keep it sealed as a collectors item. Yeah, such a collectors item I can go purchase the exact same copy at the store right now.

And my copy still has not been shipped. 

You can purchase the EXACT same copy at any store for $20 less than you paid. And would have had it a month ago. Such a fucking collectible. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

No. It says Kickstarter/Backerkit. It also says the disc and case themselves are supposed to be different from retail. Not just the sleeve. Which is a fucking lie, because they are just shipping out the standard retail copies. 

Going by the first part I bolded, sounds like both are supposed to be different than retail. The second part has different wording, not sure about that. I gave to the Kickstarter the first day it went up.

Wait. I just thought of something else. They say you can keep it sealed as a “collectible”, but aren’t they coming unsealed so they could put the stickers and shit inside?????? So that’s another bullshit line. You also can’t use the bloody skins or counselor clothes without unsealing it...... Jesus Christ. This fucking company.