RustInPeace

Physical Release for backers VS Retail

352 posts in this topic

Just heard back from Randy.  

Just got done chatting with Randy. Here's the gist of the conversation.

ME:Hey. I have never gotten a email notification about my product shipping out. This is what I am suppose to be getting. Physical Machete Steelcase Collectors Edition Rev. 2 of Friday the 13th: The Game - Xbox One 

Randy: Ok. I’ll check into what’s going on and I’ll ship it out personally on Wednesday if it hasn’t already been sent.

Me:Will I get an email? Also, This version is the Steelbook version with the slipcover right?

Randy:You should get an email as soon as it ships Yeah It will indeed have a slipcover

Randy mentioned he just got back from Germany so he hasn't been able to see the posts. He said they had 12,000 backers and are packaging 1,000 a day. I mentioned for him to hit up the f13game reddit forum as some are unsure of what is going on. 

He mentioned that you should follow him and then tweet him so he can DM you. This is the best way to get ahold of him.

I hope this helped everyone.

2 people like this

so let me get this straight so i understand, OK so backers disc copies were delayed so they could the slip cover, but nobody has gotten the covers or steelbooks cases yet? but its only supposedly affect a small number of people? its that right? if so, seems like the glue issue was somebody was huffing it all :blink:

4 people like this

Official response from gun:

ttmar.gif

5 people like this

52 minutes ago, TheDoomed said:

ME:Hey. I have never gotten a email notification about my product shipping out. This is what I am suppose to be getting. Physical Machete Steelcase Collectors Edition Rev. 2 of Friday the 13th: The Game - Xbox One 

Randy: Ok. I’ll check into what’s going on and I’ll ship it out personally on Wednesday if it hasn’t already been sent.

Me:Will I get an email? Also, This version is the Steelbook version with the slipcover right?

Randy:You should get an email as soon as it ships Yeah It will indeed have a slipcover

Randy mentioned he just got back from Germany so he hasn't been able to see the posts. He said they had 12,000 backers and are packaging 1,000 a day. I mentioned for him to hit up the f13game reddit forum as some are unsure of what is going on. 

He mentioned that you should follow him and then tweet him so he can DM you. This is the best way to get ahold of him.

12000 backers? Holy shit I never would have thought in a million years there would be 12000 of them.  That’s truly amazing to me.  

15 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

12000 backers? Holy shit I never would have thought in a million years there would be 12000 of them.  That’s truly amazing to me.  

12,000 folks that are like, "WTF?!"

I think we need a thread to keep track of what promises were made and if they've been kept, when they were fulfilled, etc.

How can a company do a PAX panel about how to run a successful Kickstarter before they've fulfilled their promises. If getting money is all it was about it would make sense but people receive "rewards" for that money and you haven't successful done anything until you've fulfilled your promises.

2 people like this

Received my copy in the mail today. I paid way too much to get the exact same copy as the retail one. After all of this talk of these special slips or sleeves they didn't even mail them. Total bull. Even more irritating because I had reached out about a refund on at least one or two occasions to the official pages and people months ago and never ever received a response. I dropped it once I heard they were doing a special sleeve for all backers and preorders (through backerkit and kickstarter at least) and left it at that since at least it'd be special. Now I feel like an idiot because I spent way too much money for basically the same thing I could've gotten on release day and for far cheaper from Amazon. I'm certainly never backing this company again. I paid anywhere between $20-$40 extra for nothing. And no, shipping does not even cost $20, especially not in these crappy tiny cardboard mailers they sent them in.

I only popped in to see if anyone else has the same issue and of course many other people do. The communication is honestly garbage with this company. I'd understand if they said we're sending you the copies but your sleeve will come at a later date, but they specifically delayed sending these out so that they'd come with sleeves. It's staggering how much they do not care. It's not even picking on them at this point, it's just unbelievable how poorly they've treated backers and handled this game as a whole. 

Also, welcome back Bears. :)

2 people like this

Glad to see they have time to like tweets from people who received their copies but can't be bothered to address the lack of exclusive cover...

It's the retail copy and some stickers...

2 people like this

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I think we need a thread to keep track of what promises were made and if they've been kept, when they were fulfilled, etc.

How can a company do a PAX panel about how to run a successful Kickstarter before they've fulfilled their promises. If getting money is all it was about it would make sense but people receive "rewards" for that money and you haven't successful done anything until you've fulfilled your promises.

I tried something like that once, remember. 

3 people like this

12 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...nothing more disappointing than opening one of these as a kid and finding everything but cookies. My grandparents had one full of dead batteries.

Did they expect them to come back to life or something?

Man...

This is a shit storm.

And to think,I (and a handful of others) was getting shit for being too negative and not giving the devs enough time to fix everything.

3 people like this

Thanks @karmakaze:) 

4 hours ago, Brigadius said:

I tried something like that once, remember. 

This is true...

21 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Man...

This is a shit storm.

And to think,I (and a handful of others) was getting shit for being too negative and not giving the devs enough time to fix everything.

I'm curious to hear their response.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, TheDoomed said:

I'm not hopeful I'll get a response but hey I'll follow him and see if he responds to that tweet.

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I kinda wish the people who pledged a large amount of money and didn't receive the high level rewards would stop rolling over and shrugging their shoulders and start rattling cages about it,but one issue at a time,I guess.

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I kinda wish the people who pledged a large amount of money and didn't receive the high level rewards would stop rolling over and shrugging their shoulders and start rattling cages about it,but one issue at a time,I guess.

Yea, I've wondered about that too. There's a reward tier where people received a personalized video message from Hodder/Savini/Cunningham/Manfredini. Wonder if they ever got those... As well, I think there's still no word on whether the Skype sessions for virtual team members ever began? 

Apparently the counselor database will finally be included when Virtual Cabin 2.0 comes out. Which is odd to me because they were always saying that bring the VC to the main game wasn't something that wasn't a priority but it is now. They must have realized that no one is going to read through the database in a multiplayer match.

I do think it's time again that gaming websites, or guys like SidAlpha, add a little pressure to get some answers. There is some shady stuff going on. 

1 person likes this

Nearly time to contact the credit card company for a refund. 

34 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yea, I've wondered about that too. There's a reward tier where people received a personalized video message from Hodder/Savini/Cunningham/Manfredini. Wonder if they ever got those... As well, I think there's still no word on whether the Skype sessions for virtual team members ever began? 

Apparently the counselor database will finally be included when Virtual Cabin 2.0 comes out. Which is odd to me because they were always saying that bring the VC to the main game wasn't something that wasn't a priority but it is now. They must have realized that no one is going to read through the database in a multiplayer match.

I do think it's time again that gaming websites, or guys like SidAlpha, add a little pressure to get some answers. There is some shady stuff going on. 

As much shit as I give them, I don’t think they are being intentionally shady. I think they are just new, and in way over their heads. I’ve waited my whole life for this game. I honestly love this game. I WANT this game to be a success. Which is why the way these issues are being handled piss me off. 

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Nearly time to contact the credit card company for a refund. 

I would but it's been too long since I was charged to be able to do that I think.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

As much shit as I give them, I don’t think they are being intentionally shady. I think they are just new, and in way over their heads. I’ve waited my whole life for this game. I honestly love this game. I WANT this game to be a success. Which is why the way these issues are being handled piss me off. 

I agree to an extent. I definitely understand that they weren't prepared to take on the task. I also think there are some shady elements though as well as what I would say is some laziness and general unprofessionalism.

The lack of communication is surprising to me, particularly since we used to be bombarded with "the most transparent dev team ever" posts. I saw there's a new community manager. I'm hopeful he's capable and can create the necessary bridge of communication between the community and Gun but we'll have to wait and see.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm hopeful he's capable and can create the necessary bridge of communication between the community and Gun but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure he's only involved with our suggestions... Worth a shot though @[IllFonic]Courier

This is why im kinda happy I only backed the game to the extent of getting Savini.

I never went all the way with the retail nonsense. Too much room for failure.

I just don't understand why, with so many "community managers" that are part of this entire project, it takes individual people bombarding the likes of @Randygbk or @wes to get the TINNIEST bit of info drip fed to us that isn't the whole story of the situation, but merely a fraction of what is happening.  Considering I started this thread a while ago, I would have thought this would be the place to get some answers...

Mods why do you keep removing posts? You edited my post where I was referencing the comment by limited run games and removed my post.