RustInPeace

Physical Release for backers VS Retail

352 posts in this topic

I know you guys are very anxious; but getting an early version will mean it won't work properly. Permissions go live on Friday for said physical version...so anyone attempting to access content early will be SOL and some DLC might or might not transfer over. 

Please wait until Friday. 

5 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I know you guys are very anxious; but getting an early version will mean it won't work properly. Permissions go live on Friday for said physical version...so anyone attempting to access content early will be SOL and some DLC might or might not transfer over. 

Does this mean when the game comes out Friday those who bought the Disc version can download the DLC stuff and then reinstall their digital game and get those items off the disc or will you need the disc in at all times in order to keep those items? 

23 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

@GunMedia_Ben Good on you for getting on top of this concern quickly! Thank you.  I won't be surprised if this thread closes, but I still hope people post according to the intention of the topic (just getting their copy, NOT playing it early).

35 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Thanks for assurance, my copy will be here on Friday and I don’t want anything to go wrong.

31 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Does this mean when the game comes out Friday those who bought the Disc version can download the DLC stuff and then reinstall their digital game and get those items off the disc or will you need the disc in at all times in order to keep those items? 

You don’t have to uninstall your digital version to use the pysical version, if that’s what you’re trying to say.

19 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yes. 

The only thing you will have to manually set will be re-assigning perks and your clothing. That kinda stuff is saved local, rather than save data. 

3 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

You don’t have to uninstall your digital version to use the pysical version, if that’s what you’re trying to say.

What I mean is will my digital version get the items from the disc version. That's what I'm wanting to know. I have the digital and this Friday I should be getting the disc from Amazon and I just wanna make sure those items will be on my digital. 

3 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Yes. 

The only thing you will have to manually set will be re-assigning perks and your clothing. That kinda stuff is saved local, rather than save data. 

Okay, I just wanna make sure because I don't want to have to keep putting a disc in every time I want to use the DLC items and not be able to use my digital version.

Things should be set after you get everything updated. 

53 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Yes. 

So we can just buy a disc, get the physical skins, and then return or sell it? Is it possible for me to just buy a code off eBay for the physical bloody Jasons and counselor clothing pack?

Wow. Bens on this shit!!!!! Thanks Ben but your still fired!lol

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah I would also like to know if I can still play my digital copy with the exclusives or do I need to play on disk?.

5 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

So we can just buy a disc, get the physical skins, and then return or sell it? Is it possible for me to just buy a code off eBay for the physical bloody Jasons and counselor clothing pack?

There aren't any codes. So you couldn't even buy a code on Ebay 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

There aren't any codes. So you couldn't even buy a code on Ebay 

Darn. Hopefully we can just buy the disc, get the physical items, and then return or sell it. 

1 minute ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Darn. Hopefully we can just buy the disc, get the physical items, and then return or sell it. 

Yeah that's why I asked. I'm getting the disc this Friday and I want to make sure it will load the DLC items to my digital account. 

15 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah that's why I asked. I'm getting the disc this Friday and I want to make sure it will load the DLC items to my digital account. 

I'd think it would. When I got Dead by Daylight on Monday, my PS4 asked me if I want to replace the digital version (I played it during the free trial) with the disc. I still had my free DLC that I had downloaded during the trial when I replaced the digital with the physical. But it doesn't hurt to ask. 

3 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I'd think it would. When I got Dead by Daylight on Monday, my PS4 asked me if I want to replace the digital version (I played it during the free trial) with the disc. I still had my free DLC that I had downloaded during the trial when I replaced the digital with the physical. But it doesn't hurt to ask. 

Just wanna make sure I don't have to keep putting the disc in just to have the items, that would suck 

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Just wanna make sure I don't have to keep putting the disc in just to have the items, that would suck 

Would like but I'm out. 

Are you going to keep your copy or return/sell it? 

4 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Would like but I'm out. 

Are you going to keep your copy or return/sell it? 

I'm holding onto my copy till I can send it to a friend so they can play. 

2 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I love you.

Well, according to a new email sent by Randy, it looks like there is a delay of shipping some (or most) physical orders.  Copies should start being delivered by sometime next week.  And with that, it seems this thread can now close.

I swear there will never be a day where backers for this game aren't getting at least somewhat screwed over. We get everything later than everyone else or -- if we're lucky -- the same time as everyone else. I called this delay ages ago when they announced this release date. Could've paid $20 less on Amazon and gotten my copy already. And no, measly two stickers isn't making up for it.

Too bad Bears seems to be away, I'm sure he'd already have a beautifully eloquent post that sums up everyone's feelings perfectly

Why haven't we seen what the cover looks like for us Kickstarter backers for the regular physical version? I really hope we aren't just getting what the retail version looks like. 

I know it says we're supposed to get Kickstarter exclusive cover, but it's a little worrying they've already shown what the Kickstarter special editions look like but are dead silent on the regular physical version with under 1 week to go before they start shipping them out.

21 minutes ago, bananakill said:

Why haven't we seen what the cover looks like for us Kickstarter backers for the regular physical version? I really hope we aren't just getting what the retail version looks like. 

I know it says we're supposed to get Kickstarter exclusive cover, but it's a little worrying they've already shown what the Kickstarter special editions look like but are dead silent on the regular physical version with under 1 week to go before they start shipping them out.

I’ve asked them several times now on twitter etc and not one reply(although they seem to reply to the Youtube/Twitch streamers) I give up asking now.

15 minutes ago, UntilDawn said:

I’ve asked them several times now on twitter etc and not one reply(although they seem to reply to the Youtube/Twitch streamers) I give up asking now.

Yep, same here. It's pretty disappointing that it feels like we're being ignored. They haven't replied to one comment on the Kickstarter page about it.