RustInPeace

Physical Release for backers VS Retail

352 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It's strange...people all over social media are posting stuff like this. People stoked about waiting an extra month for a couple stickers and a poster...

Because people are stupid. 

4 people like this

@bewareofbears I already spoke to them. They are aware. As Aldermach was kind enough to post Randy's tweet a bit earlier there will be some clarification coming.

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

@bewareofbears I already spoke to them. They are aware. As Aldermach was kind enough to post Randy's tweet a bit earlier there will be some clarification coming.

I appreciate the reply. When you speak to them again, ask them to come to the forums at some point.

Is it normal that my physical version still isn't shipped?

Backerkit only says: "Ready to Ship" ?

And is it true that backers will just receive the exact same retail copy as anyone else?

ceno

temp.png

3 hours ago, cenorexia said:

Is it normal that my physical version still isn't shipped?

Backerkit only says: "Ready to Ship" ?

And is it true that backers will just receive the exact same retail copy as anyone else?

ceno

temp.png

It’s not supposed to be the retail version. That’s the problem.

Yeah, I read through the whole topic now (didn't do so before posting my question).

According to the Kickstarter-Campaign it should have a Custom/Exclusive Cover Artwork.

It would be kinda okay if it turns out to be that VHS style sleeve someone posted.

It would not be okay if backers of the $75 tier and above just get the very same regular retail copy as anyone else, without an extra sleeve.

I hope we'll get some clearification in this regard soon.

ceno

1 hour ago, cenorexia said:

Yeah, I read through the whole topic now (didn't do so before posting my question).

According to the Kickstarter-Campaign it should have a Custom/Exclusive Cover Artwork.

It would be kinda okay if it turns out to be that VHS style sleeve someone posted.

It would not be okay if backers of the $75 tier and above just get the very same regular retail copy as anyone else, without an extra sleeve.

I hope we'll get some clearification in this regard soon.

ceno

From what I've gathered over the last 24 hours, it seems as though the exclusive cover was likely only offered to Kickstarter orders - Not Backerkit.

I think most, if not all, of the pictures we're seeing online are from Backerkit backers, which is why they're only receiving a retail copy and a few extra goodies...

We haven't been able to find any mention of exclusive covers on the Backerkit info page. We only see it explicitly stated on Kickstarter.

It's unfortunate Gun can't just pop in and quickly confirm this...They're preparing a full statement now it seems. Likely not gonna be what people wanna hear.

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

From what I've gathered over the last 24 hours, it seems as though the exclusive cover was likely only offered to Kickstarter orders - Not Backerkit.

I think most, if not all, of the pictures we're seeing online are from Backerkit backers, which is why they're only receiving a retail copy and a few extra goodies...

We haven't been able to find any mention of exclusive covers on the Backerkit info page. We only see it explicitly stated on Kickstarter.

It's unfortunate Gun can't just pop in and quickly confirm this...They're preparing a full statement now it seems. Likely not gonna be what people wanna hear.

If they come out and say they are not supposed to get exclusive covers, then they are flat out LYING! The entire excuse given as I why they are receiving them late was because of the EXCLUSIVE COVERS! The only reason they are receiving a shitty sticker and a ruined poster is because of the delay of the EXCLUSIVE COVER. So anything they say to contradict that would be bullshit. And would still leave the question as to why backers paid $20 more for the EXACT retail copy that the general public got over a month ago. There’s no difference. 

I just got my physical copy and it's the normal case. With a poster, magnet, and sticker. I ordered the normal case.

12 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

I just got my physical copy and it's the normal case. With a poster, magnet, and sticker. I ordered the normal case.

But you’re supposed to get the exclusive artwork case. Not the retail version. You could have bought that over a month ago for $20 less. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

But you’re supposed to get the exclusive artwork case. Not the retail version. You could have bought that over a month ago for $20 less. 

What's the exclusive artwork supposed to be?

Just got my copy. No shipping email still.  Same as everyone else.   Retail copy.  This will become a gift to someone else.  I may rebuy the hard copy when it is in the $5 bargain bin, which let's face it, will be "soon™".  

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

What's the exclusive artwork supposed to be?

I believe it’s supposed to be this. 

0eeb90eb79f58b8c5a3d87ec600927bc_origina

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I believe it’s supposed to be this. 

0eeb90eb79f58b8c5a3d87ec600927bc_origina

I think that was a different kickstarter purchase. 

Just now, Chace Hollett said:

I think that was a different kickstarter purchase. 

Yeah. I’m not sure. They never clarified. And this is the only exclusive artwork they revealed. But the copy you ordered is supposed to have an exclusive cover. That’s why it took so long for you to get it. 

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Yeah. I’m not sure. They never clarified. And this is the only exclusive artwork they revealed. But the copy you ordered is supposed to have an exclusive cover. That’s why it took so long for you to get it. 

I bought the physical copy when it came out. So I pretty much have 2 physical copy's of his game.

1 minute ago, Chace Hollett said:

I bought the physical copy when it came out. So I pretty much have 2 physical copy's of his game.

Yeah. That makes no sense. They were supposed to send you an exclusive backer version. 

57 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Yeah. That makes no sense. They were supposed to send you an exclusive backer version. 

Should I try to return it?

5 hours ago, bananakill said:

Welp, I just received my shipment notification. 

Still nothing for me :(

and I guess we're still waiting for that statement that was supposed to come "soon"

Edit:  Finally got my shipping notification and it just says Physical Xbox One game. So we'll see if I get the cover or not. If not I'll definitely not be quiet about it since it's in my pledge and I have a copy of that if it somehow gets changed after the fact but I don't think they can modify the text on kickstarter.

17 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Must be spending a lot of time on the official response...

lol it probably has to go through legal...

26 minutes ago, madge82 said:

Still waiting for a shipping confirmation here. Guessing it will take a while to ship to the UK

Many people have received it without shipping confirmation. It might just show up on your doorstep.

Dumb question and apologies if this was answered somewhere else.

I'm a backer and just received my physical copy in the mail and I'm wondering if it's possible to download the bloody skins from the disc without corrupting my existing digital install, that contains Savini Jason and all DLC's.