RustInPeace

Physical Release for backers VS Retail

352 posts in this topic

2ighkcp.jpg

There.  Finally got it.  Now I was a backer and this is what I got.  Nothing exclusive.  I don't remember exactly what I paid for though.  I'll have to look it up.

Edited by I ❤️ A.J.

Just now, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Pain in the ass to post, wasn't it?

Good to see that it is in fact sealed though.

14 minutes ago, Truth said:

I might have an extra admission for sunday if you want it. My buddy said his girlfriend wanted to go but less than 24 hours later decided she doesn't. Assuming she doesn't change her mind again, I have no problem getting you in. He already said he's paying for her ticket regardless.

That would be really cool!  It's kind of on my way to work too.  Doesn't take me too far out of my way.  

I usually just sit at home in my tighty whities for a couple of hours and then go to work, but I guess Sunday might be a little different.

Just now, I ❤️ A.J. said:

That would be really cool!  It's kind of on my way to work too.  Doesn't take me too far out of my way.  

I usually just sit at home in my tighty whities for a couple of hours and then go to work, but I guess Sunday might be a little different.

I'll let you know if she changes her mind again.

13 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

2ighkcp.jpg

There.  Finally got it.  Now I was a backer and this is what I got.  Nothing exclusive.  I don't remember exactly what I paid for though.  I'll have to look it up.

You’re supposed to get exclusive artwork for the case. 

57 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Butt fuckin bastards.

57 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Well, the email said all kickstarter physical editions would have a custom cover.  I think I was a backer.  The kickstarter came before the backerkit right?  I supported this game late.  And I looked up what I ordered.  I only got the regular physical copy.

2 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Well, the email said all kickstarter physical editions would have a custom cover.  I think I was a backer.  The kickstarter came before the backerkit right?  I supported this game late.  And I looked up what I ordered.  I only got the regular physical copy.

We're waiting on Gun to clarify the situation and confirm for sure...But the general impression is that ALL backed copies (Kickstarter and Backerkit) were supposed to come with exclusive covers. You're definitely a backer. What you just received is your backer copy...It just seems to be missing the exclusive cover, just like everyone else.

Seems there's been a lot of problems producing the covers...So I'm assuming they'll be sent separately when they're actually ready. My guess is it's gonna be a while, which is why they decided to at least send out the physical game copies and the stickers/poster.

If I had to guess further, I'd say the covers will be sent out when the steelbooks are ready.

I really thought the exclusive cover was gonna be the one included with the game case. Not a sleeve cover. Kinda glad I never pre-ordered one. I hate those cardboard sleeves. I throw them out for every blu-ray I buy that has one.

You'd almost wish they were shady and not this incompetent and over their heads.

still can't believe there was a delay and people still didnt get what cause the delay in the first place, and the make good poster is all folded to shit

Took some effort but found this from the backerkit. Unfortunately I couldn't find full description but it does show normal editions in picture. The question is why did it take a month to ship a retail copy and why did a retail copy cost $20 more?  It also clearly says pre-order. 

eX7K3YX.jpg

Also that email does say it was taking so long because of custom covers. 

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

We're waiting on Gun to clarify the situation and confirm for sure...But the general impression is that ALL backed copies (Kickstarter and Backerkit) were supposed to come with exclusive covers. You're definitely a backer. What you just received is your backer copy...It just seems to be missing the exclusive cover, just like everyone else.

Seems there's been a lot of problems producing the covers...So I'm assuming they'll be sent separately when they're actually ready. My guess is it's gonna be a while, which is why they decided to at least send out the physical game copies and the stickers/poster.

If I had to guess further, I'd say the covers will be sent out when the steelbooks are ready.

I really thought the exclusive cover was gonna be the one included with the game case. Not a sleeve cover. Kinda glad I never pre-ordered one. I hate those cardboard sleeves. I throw them out for every blu-ray I buy that has one.

Must've been some real issues with the manufacturing!  That really isn't their fault though.

2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Took some effort but found this from the backerkit. Unfortunately I couldn't find full description but it does show normal editions in picture. The question is why did it take a month to ship a retail copy and why did a retail copy cost $20 more?  It also clearly says pre-order. 

eX7K3YX.jpg

Maybe they didn't want to reveal the custom art.  Although, a cardboard sleeve with some pretty pictures doesn't sound like it's worth $20.  I guess the extra money from everyone went to making A.J. look as sexy as possible.

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

The extra $20 thing has been discussed before (when physical prices were announced and the discrepancy was noticed) and they basically said that it serves as a donation...Kinda backwards, I know. But that's what they said.

That part doesn't bother me so much. But if only Kickstarter backers (and not Backerkit) were supposed to get exclusive covers, that's all they really have to say.

It's pretty shitty that they're getting the exact same copy they could have picked up off a shelf on October 13th though. I guess the stickers are the bonus for them.

Either way, the lack of clarity sucks.

18 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

The extra $20 thing has been discussed before (when physical prices were announced and the discrepancy was noticed) and they basically said that it serves as a donation...Kinda backwards, I know. But that's what they said.

That part doesn't bother me so much. But if only Kickstarter backers (and not Backerkit) were supposed to get exclusive covers, that's all they really have to say.

It's pretty shitty that they're getting the exact same copy they could have picked up off a shelf on October 13th though. I guess the stickers are the bonus for them.

Either way, the lack of clarity sucks.

From the horses  mouth

4TKKXe6.jpg

I can accept the donation explanation since it was backerkit. In which case there's no doubt you are a backer. But they did market as pre-orders. Also they said physicals would be $60 and they aren't. Also, since they believe so avidly that digital copies should be cheaper than physicals why is the digital and physical the same price. 

@I ❤️ A.J. Can you check your original order confirmation or login to backerkit to see if it lists a full description of your order? 

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

I should've backed the steel book case or the signed copy.

I really wanted the steel book but my pledge was 99.00 for the normal physical with the DLC. The steel book with DLC was just too much for me to pay for just one game.

My conversation with Randy assured me I would be getting a Steelbook with the slipcover and it will be shipped wednesday.

8 minutes ago, TheDoomed said:

My conversation with Randy assured me I would be getting a Steelbook with the slipcover and it will be shipped wednesday.

I'm glad you got yours sorted but I don't think anyone ever thought the steelbooks wouldn't have covers, whenever they posted the slip covers they always mentioned the Rev 1 and Rev 2 slip covers. The steelbooks are the only ones that had Rev 1 and Rev 2.  The problem is no one is addressing the exclusive cover art for normal physical that people aren't getting.

22 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Community Manager: Hey guys...there's this issue I need to get some info from you guys from to relay to the players.

Gun: You're fired.

So in this thread we have Gertz commenting that he was never an official community manager for Illfonic,Courier responding that he is the current community manager for Illfonic,and that the new community manager was brought in by Gun Media to represent Gun.

Hey @JPops, you're friends with these guys and I'm pretty sure you have a direct line to them. Can you ask them to come in and comment on this situation?

jesus. I'm not a backer. i found out about it too late, but i gotta say, it sucks you guys, THE ONES THAT MADE THIS GAME POSSIBLE, are getting dicked around like this. i just read all 12 pages of this thread and the amount of missteps and miscommunication on gun's part is mind blowing. 

the absolute fucking stupidest part of this whole thing is that IF THEY ACTUALLY JUST COMMUNICATED WITH THEIR BASE, NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING. 

good luck, guys, and thanks for backing this. I've had similar issues with Kickstarters before and i just gave up trying to get my stuff. 

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

eX7K3YX.jpg

Also that email does say it was taking so long because of custom covers. 

Yeah. I’ve posted this before. Back when I asked why backers paid $60 to pre-order a game that everyone else can buy for $40. Gun told me backing isn’t pre-ordering. So I posted this link and asked them what the hell that says right there. PRE-ORDER! They never responded because they know they are wrong. 

18 minutes ago, matisangry said:

jesus. I'm not a backer. i found out about it too late, but i gotta say, it sucks you guys, THE ONES THAT MADE THIS GAME POSSIBLE, are getting dicked around like this. i just read all 12 pages of this thread and the amount of missteps and miscommunication on gun's part is mind blowing. 

the absolute fucking stupidest part of this whole thing is that IF THEY ACTUALLY JUST COMMUNICATED WITH THEIR BASE, NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING. 

good luck, guys, and thanks for backing this. I've had similar issues with Kickstarters before and i just gave up trying to get my stuff. 

The backers that made this game possible have been getting ass fucked with no lube. Just blood and determination. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Hang tight everyone...Clarification is on the way.

I guess their idea of soon is different than mine.

1 minute ago, StormShadow said:

I guess their idea of soon is different than mine.

SOON™️

1 person likes this

It's strange...people all over social media are posting stuff like this. People stoked about waiting an extra month for a couple stickers and a poster...