RustInPeace

Physical Release for backers VS Retail

352 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Wait. I just thought of something else. They say you can keep it sealed as a “collectible”, but aren’t they coming unsealed so they could put the stickers and shit inside?????? So that’s another bullshit line. You also can’t use the bloody skins or counselor clothes without unsealing it...... Jesus Christ. This fucking company. 

Now we know why Jpops bought like eleven copies. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, StormShadow said:

Mods why do you keep removing posts? You edited my post where I was referencing the comment by limited run games and removed my post.

There may have been some error with the item you had quoted. Generally when someone edits something it tells us who edited it and when. There is a blank there so no one edited anything. I merged one of your posts as double posting is not allowed. If that is what you were referencing then yes your post was merged if it was something else there is nothing showing for edits 

1 hour ago, The Sandman said:

what ever happened to the soundtrack backers were supposed to get?

Soundtracks will include scores from the single player component of the game to my knowledge The same applies for the artwork as well. 

Games are shipping out in waves, there are only so many that can be sent out at a time. As stated before, the kickstater game should have an exclusive cover with it. You will however not receive a sleeve if you received an autographed copy. Time needs to be scheduled to get everyone together so they can all sign the respective sleeves and then they will be shipped to you at a later date. 

1 minute ago, JPops said:

There may have been some error with the item you had quoted. Generally when someone edits something it tells us who edited it and when. There is a blank there so no one edited anything. I merged one of your posts as double posting is not allowed. If that is what you were referencing then yes your post was merged if it was something else there is nothing showing for edits 

Soundtracks will include scores from the single player component of the game to my knowledge The same applies for the artwork as well. 

Games are shipping out in waves, there are only so many that can be sent out at a time. As stated before, the kickstater game should have an exclusive cover with it. You will however not receive a sleeve if you received an autographed copy. Time needs to be scheduled to get everyone together so they can all sign the respective sleeves and then they will be shipped to you at a later date. 

Then why is everyone receiving retail copies? Exact retail copies. 

5 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Now we know why Jpops bought like eleven copies. 

The copies came with various tiers. The others I wanted for collectable reasons. 3 steelbooks (one for each platform) and 3 regular copies (one for each platforms) all signed. ;) wanted to commemorate the occasion. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Then why is everyone receiving retail copies? Exact retail copies. 

It is a sleeve that goes over it, it's an exclusive cover sleeve to my understanding. 

9 minutes ago, JPops said:

Thanks for the clarification. I saw that you merged them and it was showing just fine with both comments then all of a sudden the second one was gone.  As for the kickstarter exclusive cover, we know we are supposed to get that but there are man people that backed on kickstarter and are just getting the retail copy that is why so many of us are very angry, then you have people in the same boat as me where LR Games is saying they are done and we have not received any tracking number or shipping confirmation.

@Brigadius I backed on Kickstarter and my pledge definitely says Kickstarter exclusive cover art.

My tracking number has finally been updated. Unfortunately mine won't be here in time to take to the convention I'm going to this weekend. No Kane Hodder or Steve Dash autographs for me. ☹

3 minutes ago, JPops said:

The copies came with various tiers. The others I wanted for collectable reasons. 3 steelbooks (one for each platform) and 3 regular copies (one for each platforms) all signed. ;) wanted to commemorate the occasion. 

It is a sleeve that goes over it, it's an exclusive cover sleeve to my understanding. 

Yes. But they aren’t getting those. They are getting retail copies. According to the email, the case and disc are supposed to be different from retail as well. Not including the sleeve. They aren’t. So then why didn’t backers get their copies a month ago if they are just sending out standard retail copies??? 

1 minute ago, StormShadow said:

Thanks for the clarification. I saw that you merged them and it was showing just fine with both comments then all of a sudden the second one was gone.  As for the kickstarter exclusive cover, we know we are supposed to get that but there are man people that backed on kickstarter and are just getting the retail copy that is why so many of us are very angry, then you have people in the same boat as me where LR Games is saying they are done and we have not received any tracking number or shipping confirmation.

They are not done shipping I think there is some miscommunication going on. I believe they are receiving items and shipping them out as they arrive. I think that's what might have been meant as done shipping. May have just been what was at their offices at the time. Personally I've had 3 of 6 shipped and I just got confirmations yesterday. No one is out to Rip anyone off.

4 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

My tracking number has finally been updated. Unfortunately mine won't be here in time to take to the convention I'm going to this weekend. No Kane Hodder or Steve Dash autographs for me. ☹

I actually just ordered one on amazon specifically for that.

1 minute ago, JPops said:

They are not done shipping I think there is some miscommunication going on. I believe they are receiving items and shipping them out as they arrive. I think that's what might have been meant as done shipping. May have just been what was at their offices at the time. Personally I've had 3 of 6 shipped and I just got confirmations yesterday. No one is out to Rip anyone off.

I mean I hope you're right but even if I get my copy eventually, if it doesn't have the Kickstarter exclusive cover art then whether or not you consider it a rip off, you can't deny that they misled backers. To top it off you also have them not acknowledging those of us that were supposed to be in credits and aren't. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

There's no physical copies for PC...Or is that something coming later too?

Either way, this is a complete mess. No two ways about it, and Gun is staying silent. It's a cowardly move. I've given them the benefit of the doubt many times over by now. But I just can't do it anymore. They spent all night liking tweets of pictures of those who received their copies, yet they can't address anything regarding exclusive covers? Insulting.

Played on PC last night and there's all kinds of new bugs coming up. While spectating, you see doors break down while Jason isn't even there. I'm assuming these are doors that were already broken. But why am I seeing it happen after the fact? Answer is - the servers have gone to absolute shit. Dead counselors turning into mannequins, various Jason interaction bugs...The progress in development simply isn't there. The game has more glitches now than it ever had before...Does that make sense?

This whole thing is ridiculous and likely the last straw for me - and I'm not even directly effected by this. I was smart enough to get my physical copy at the store. But as far as publishing goes, this has been a disaster. I can't support people who do business this way. From here on out, I'll only get the content they release for free. Not another dime from me.

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Yes. But they aren’t getting those. They are getting retail copies. According to the email, the case and disc are supposed to be different from retail as well. Not including the sleeve. They aren’t. So then why didn’t backers get their copies a month ago if they are just sending out standard retail copies??? 

Well I may be speaking out of turn here but the reward only states exclusive cover art. There is a cover that should be shippingwith it. The actual insert in the disc case may be the same. I believe these were placed to come as one, once the glue issue happened they needed to have those fixed. So yes it was a separate order separate from the retail copies. No one would have predicted the glue issue. Could they have been sent on physical release out without the covers? Possible, but I don't know anything about this. 

@AldermachXI no physical copies for PC beyond the kickstater to my understanding. Physical copies of PC games don't really sell well. A lot of PC gamers opt for digital. 

Hang tight everyone...Clarification is on the way.

@JPops, I fully understand that physical PC games are essentially useless now. Which is why I doubt they even fill PC physical orders...It'll likely be an empty case with a code or something. Pressing discs for PC would be a waste of time.

@JPops

We all know you need to purchase 13/8 copies of the game to help decorate your hardcore Friday The 13th shrine.

I'm a causal fan so 1/8 was good enough for me. :lol:

18 minutes ago, JPops said:

Well I may be speaking out of turn here but the reward only states exclusive cover art. There is a cover that should be shippingwith it. The actual insert in the disc case may be the same. I believe these were placed to come as one, once the glue issue happened they needed to have those fixed. So yes it was a separate order separate from the retail copies. No one would have predicted the glue issue. Could they have been sent on physical release out without the covers? Possible, but I don't know anything about this. 

@AldermachXI no physical copies for PC beyond the kickstater to my understanding. Physical copies of PC games don't really sell well. A lot of PC gamers opt for digital. 

Channing-Tatum-Confused.gif

1 hour ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Wait. I just thought of something else. They say you can keep it sealed as a “collectible”, but aren’t they coming unsealed so they could put the stickers and shit inside?????? So that’s another bullshit line. You also can’t use the bloody skins or counselor clothes without unsealing it...... Jesus Christ. This fucking company. 

Couldn't they just package them separately, but ship them together?  I don't see how that would be an issue.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

Wow,  that must've cost a lot of money.  Cool though.

1 minute ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Couldn't they just package them separately, but ship them together?  I don't see how that would be an issue.

That's how it was in a picture on a previous page...

1 hour ago, A.J. Mason said:

Did you say this convention is in schaumburg?  Do you know what time?  I live maybe 10 minutes away from there, but I have really shitty work hours.

Just now, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Did you say this convention is in schaumburg?  Do you know what time?  I live maybe 10 minutes away from there, but I have really shitty work hours.

It's called days of the dead. Just off 290 by Schaumburg road. It's all weekend but the Jason panel is Sunday at noon.

http://daysofthedead.net/chicago/

It starts at 5pm on Friday and goes until 5 or 6 on Sunday at the Shaumburg Marriott.

19 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

You would think so. But people posting pics have the stuff inside the unwrapped case. 

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

You would think so. But people posting pics have the stuff inside the unwrapped case. 

Are you talking about this?

odmMG32_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

12 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Glad to see they have time to like tweets from people who received their copies but can't be bothered to address the lack of exclusive cover...

It's the retail copy and some stickers...

@Charlie Chainsaw @A.J. Mason

I haven't seen any other pictures but this one is sealed with the extras in the box.

Are you talking about this?

odmMG32_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

There were more pics with that one.