RustInPeace

Physical Release for backers VS Retail

352 posts in this topic

Recently, Randy has sent out e-mails regarding the imminent physical release of Friday the 13th: The Game.  It is stated that all backed physical copies will be shipped essentially "as soon as they arrive."  Now, purely out of curiosity, what I am hoping to see with this thread (hopefully it doesn't get locked) is community members post when they receive their copy in relation to the retail release on October 13th and see if we have staggering shipping (as in a bit earlier than the 13th or just about on), a large bulk shipment (either on the 13th or 1 day before or after), or later shipments (after the 13th).  Also, post if you are receiving a standard edition (Backerkit) or one of the special versions from Kickstarter (which may take longer to ship).

@lHeartBreakerl, I'd consider that a retail copy, but ok.  Specifically referring to copies GUN/Illfonic are responsible for shipping.  sqtYh99.gif

For what it's worth, my physical copy on amazon is shipping tomorrow and arriving the 13th. I'll come back with an update on what actually happens.

Edit: @RustInPeace I'm aware it's a retail copy. I just thought yall would like to know when non backer copies arrive as well since there's a possibility some backers won't receive there's on the 13th.

1 person likes this

I'm hoping, along with early reports of the game coming before the 13th, the update is live by thursday.  That way it will alleviate some of the stress on the servers with the influx of players returning or those playing for the first time and have a relatively stable (re)launch.

I'll let you know, but I'm thinking the packaging isn't going to be anything special.  The cover art will probably be the same as retail.  Or am I wrong in assuming that?   Anyone heard otherwise?  And I'll probably get mine late, because our mail person is kinda lazy and isn't really on the ball with mail delivery.  Or it will go over to the next closest house down the road.  

My copy is shipping on Thursday and due for delivery on the 13th.

41 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

My copy is shipping on Thursday and due for delivery on the 13th.

Same for me as well 

1 person likes this

I backed this game the day it went live on Kickstarter, and have not received an email or any information about my physical copy of the game. 

It is infuriating that I spent what I did on this piece of shit, and still do not have what I paid for! 

Its less about the game at this point and 100% about the principle of fulfilling orders for people that funded this from the beginning vs making more money at retail. I cant seriously be the only person that is upset about the lack of communication and follow through from the kickstarter campaign. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Slasherx said:

I backed this game the day it went live on Kickstarter, and have not received an email or any information about my physical copy of the game. 

It is infuriating that I spent what I did on this piece of shit, and still do not have what I paid for! 

Its less about the game at this point and 100% about the principle of fulfilling orders for people that funded this from the beginning vs making more money at retail. I cant seriously be the only person that is upset about the lack of communication and follow through from the kickstarter campaign. 

Don't know what you are talking about.  An email addressing the release for physical backers has recently been sent out and NOBODY has their copy as of yet.  This thread is NOT for your venting or bashing, its only to see when we get our copies sent out by GUN in relation to the retail release date.  Please don't derail the thread.

Paid $25 more than amazon are charging now in november, and probably won't get it til next month as I live in England. Totally screwed over by backing the game. If I ordered it right now it'd be $40 and arrive on friday.

24 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Paid $25 more than amazon are charging now in november, and probably won't get it til next month as I live in England. Totally screwed over by backing the game. If I ordered it right now it'd be $40 and arrive on friday.

Your $65 was not a purchase, but a financial support pledge with the agreed upon reward of a physical copy. Without contributions like yours, the game wouldn't exist. 

I realize this doesn't necessarily make things better for you, in regards to shipment timing, but I felt it should be pointed out. Gun did step up and grant physical copy backers a digital code in response to the overall delay in disc publishing, so you have had full access to the game even before physical copies shipped.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Your $65 was not a purchase, but a financial support pledge with the agreed upon reward of a physical copy. Without contributions like yours, the game wouldn't exist. 

I realize this doesn't necessarily make things better for you, in regards to shipment timing, but I felt it should be pointed out. Gun did step up and grant physical copy backers a digital code in response to the overall delay in disc publishing, so you have had full access to the game even before physical copies shipped.

I know this. Give them $65 and get a free game. They should still be charging $65 now though. And making sure everyone in every country receives their disc on the same day. Also, I'm not getting full access to the cd copy blood splatter am I? For a month, and thats being generous.

Just a quick PSA

It seems the physical copy does not come with dlc codes. Someone received theirs early.

Hopefully they're on the disc. But even then that's pretty dumb imo.

vlge3qt967rz.jpg

2 people like this

1 minute ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

I know this. Give them $65 and get a free game. They should still be charging $65 now though. And making sure everyone in every country receives their disc on the same day.

The shipment timing is a fair concern. I won't counter you on that point, other than to say you are at least still able to play the game because of the digital code (essentially giving you two copies for the agreed upon donation towards one).

As far as the $65 thing: I think the game is priced fairly for the market. The Kickstarter contribution can be looked at as contributing the price of the game, plus an extra $15 to get things going. 

I'mwired to be a bit more optimistic, though. I get that. I don't insist you be on board with me. I'm just offering a perspective.

3 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

The shipment timing is a fair concern. I won't counter you on that point, other than to say you are at least still able to play the game because of the digital code (essentially giving you two copies for the agreed upon donation towards one).

As far as the $65 thing: I think the game is priced fairly for the market. The Kickstarter contribution can be looked at as contributing the price of the game, plus an extra $15 to get things going. 

I'mwired to be a bit more optimistic, though. I get that. I don't insist you be on board with me. I'm just offering a perspective.

Ok. Heres some optimism. Maybe they have a distributor in Europe/uk to get copies delivered here in a timely manner? 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Ok. Heres some optimism. Maybe they have a distributor in Europe/uk to get copies delivered here in a timely manner? 

I owe you a "like" when mine refresh. I'm setting a reminder on my phone. 

Have you gotten a email from them predicting an arrival date?

Edit: I'm a man of my word.

21 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Just a quick PSA

It seems the physical copy does not come with dlc codes. Someone received theirs early.

Hopefully they're on the disc. But even then that's pretty dumb imo.

vlge3qt967rz.jpg

Wait who's NightHawks? 

Also who got their copy early?

8 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I owe you a "like" when mine refresh. I'm setting a reminder on my phone. 

Haveyou gotten a email from them predicting an arrival date?

Haha. Thanks. Just the generic email saying they will be distributed when "they" receive them.

10 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Wait who's NightHawks? 

Also who got their copy early?

Probably the company that distributed/made the discs.

And someone over on reddit.

Thank you, @lHeartBreakerl for trying to stay on track with the topic.  I just wish it were a user here posting their order recieved.  This at least shows it will probably start trickling in with reports of copies arriving just before the official release (which is very good).

14 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Probably the company that distributed/made the discs.

And someone over on reddit.

I just went over to Reddit and it looks like the bloody Jason skin is working 

DoWOC8v.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I just went over to Reddit and it looks like the bloody Jason skin is working 

DoWOC8v.jpg

I haven't seen that. Good catch.

Seems like more and more people are receiving the copies early.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I haven't seen that. Good catch.

Seems like more and more people are receiving the copies early.

Yeah it seems that way. Wish my copy would come in early lol

I found that picture in the has anyone gotten bloody Jason yet and was asking of people were playing as him yet and someone in the comments posted the picture and now I'm thinking it's 100% on the disc and not a code which means this disc is on the update we all have now 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah it seems that way. Wish my copy would come in early lol

I found that picture in the has anyone gotten bloody Jason yet and was asking of people were playing as him yet and someone in the comments posted the picture and now I'm thinking it's 100% on the disc and not a code which means this disc is on the update we all have now 

Hopefully I can still use the bloody Jason skin and the clothes without the disc being in since I have digital as well.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Hopefully I can still use the bloody Jason skin and the clothes without the disc being in since I have digital as well.

I have digital as well. I'm hoping that's not the case and it's a code