The gameplay is awesome you guys!!  Loved seeing the footage live on TWITCH last night!

Everything had that Friday the 13th movie vibe and I was ridiculously excited.

The teleporting, perfect feature and perk for Jason... honestly the only thing I would change about it is 2 things small.

The smoke effect when he appears, I just hope counselors can't SEE that... as now it makes Jason like a witch or warlock,

his teleporting should be something the counselor players KNOW he's doing, but they should never directly SEE him teleport. 

It should always be as if he's coming out of the shadows, or from behind a wall.  That "whoosh" generic sound effect when he teleports,

I feel like that should be something different, but that's just me.

Make it to where Jason can't teleport somewhere as long as someone is able to see in that location.

THIS would also give the camp counselors more initiative to stick together.  Because if there are counselors sticking together that's more EYES covering the environment and when there are more eyes covering the landscape (which could be a cone of vision invisible to everyone except Jason, it would eliminate him being able to teleport everywhere because a counselor can actually SEE there... Where as if a counselor is alone and by themselves, they have an easier chance to die.  Stick together, keep everyone looking out the windows for Jason.  Keep an eye on your environment, because as soon as someone looks away for an INSTANT, Jason could teleport and sneak up on the group and grab someone at a window, or at a back door.  This would automatically create a sense of 'working together as a group' and the anticipation and excitement of using multiple people to keep Jason at a distance AT LEAST from teleporting.  It would also help keep that 'feel' of the movies as when everyone's together, you feel safer and Jason 'may not show up' during these moments of sticking together, less likely than if you are alone.

The BLOOD.  It looks a little comic book right now.  It's very bright red and splattery, which is cool.  But I feel like the gore in Friday should be more realistic than ' comic splattery'.

The payoff for killing a counselor should be HUUUUGE.  I mean people are going to be playing this game and killing counselors THOUSANDS of times.. so you can only imagine how many times we are going to be viewing these kills.  Make the blood and gore to where people have to almost feel bad for what they've done, hahah.

People have seen blood in games so much now that it's no big thing.  Design the blood to ooze out of wounds.    Make people go "Ew" again.  And not just because someone's head exploded Mortal Kombat style.  The girl that gets her head smashed by Jason in the door, where's her skull?  Where's her brains?  Where are the pieces of her head that should be left behind and there for other counselors to find later?

The blood itself could play a little gameplay element too.  Jason's footsteps as he walks through it, people can see where he went.  Counselors too.

When Jason kills victims, blood should be getting all over his clothes etc.

In the movies there was blood on windows, objects, ... I want to have that feeling of coming up to a cabin and getting those butterflies in your stomach as you go to yourself, "He's in there.. or closeby, because..."  and they'd have evidence.  Blood splatter.  A corpse absolutely MANGLED inside.  Maybe Jason carried the body away to his 'hideout'.  But there should be clear evidence that someone was murdered there.

etc.

• Like 1

I'm with you there. Blood needs to be MORE realistic. And have signs of where there USED to be a counselor, maybe Jason dragged the body off, and theres a short smear? Maybe a mangled wrecked corpse. I loved the gameplay footage, and am so excited for the game to come out. But I'd love more Horror elements like bodies and gore. 

Remember, we're in pre-alpha and things are kinda hobbled together to make sure we can give you a look at what we're doing. Game development doesn't really start to look awesome until the last month or two (if we're lucky) to be something presentable to fans. If we're going to show stuff off, we need to slap giant 'PRE-ALPHA' labels and hope people hold back their expectations. 

Luckily for you guys, we can only get cooler looking as we don't have the money for 'in-engine footage.' We are devoting all of our time to making the game as awesome as possible and you'll be seeing way better polished effects soon!

• Like 1

I think we all including myself write these posts not that we don't believe you guys but just as a "hope gun reads this and smiles with ideas"

Again we need a Gun Media shirt that says "in Ben We Trust" and on the back says Wes - "your fired"

Yeah, the blood is really funny,you have to do something with it . What about to put an option like " Blood effect : ON /OFF" or "Massive blood effect : ON/OFF" .

Let's make a game PG-18 and not 13 !!

Yeah, the blood is really funny,you have to do something with it . What about to put an option like " Blood effect : ON /OFF" or "Massive blood effect : ON/OFF" .

Let's make a game PG-18 and not 13 !!

The blood is still being worked on. It however will not be unrealistic amounts of blood like let's say mortal kombat. A more realistic approach is being used in that area.

Remember, we're in pre-alpha and things are kinda hobbled together to make sure we can give you a look at what we're doing. Game development doesn't really start to look awesome until the last month or two (if we're lucky) to be something presentable to fans. If we're going to show stuff off, we need to slap giant 'PRE-ALPHA' labels and hope people hold back their expectations. 

Luckily for you guys, we can only get cooler looking as we don't have the money for 'in-engine footage.' We are devoting all of our time to making the game as awesome as possible and you'll be seeing way better polished effects soon!

Yeah, just like the last person underneathe your post. We're not writing these (at least most of us aren't) to complain or anything like that. It's more just to provoke a spark, idea, and just our feedback on what we're seeing in front of our faces.

Me out of anyone (having worked not on video games but on haunted house production in Universal Studios) I know about half done productions. We want to follow along and write out thoughts just to see if you guys are on the same thought process level.

The blood is still being worked on. It however will not be unrealistic amounts of blood like let's say mortal kombat. A more realistic approach is being used in that area.

Thanks goodness!! Mortal Kombat comic blood would have been too much. :)