Sign in to follow this  
TheHansonGoons

SHUDDER app

I recently subscribed to this service and stream it on Xbox one. I think they have a decent amount of films on here, but wondered if anyone else has or had this? What are your opinions? Any recommendations?

I saw some Miike, Fulci, Argento, Romero, Bava on there, some cool 80s slashers(super campy ones like Sleepaway Camp, House on Sorrority Row, Pieces, etc), CHUD and Basket Case, and the two best Cannibal films(Holocaust and Ferox).

• Like 1

I just picked it up to rewatch the original “Flatliners.” They had a free trial for a week on amazon prime.

“Crystal Lake memories” is on it too if you’ve never seen it.  “Prom night” and “Pumpkinhead” are classic 80s too.

Crystal Lake Memories is also on the STARZ App. I watched it on that app when we got it for American Gods and Ash vs Evil Dead. Was pleasantly surprised to see they have F13 1-8 on that service. STARZ has a few good horror flicks on there too. Didn't even see Prom Night and Pumpkinhead on here! Definitely will watch original Flatliners as well. Not too interested in the remake, but i did enjoy the Kiefer version.

I dig this app, but it was fairly buggy at first on Xbox One. If I was watching a movie, then stopped it to look through the menu, the movie sound would still be playing as if I hadn't stopped it. 

There was also a short story series from Neil Gaiman I was trying to check out, but every time I clicked on it to load, it made the noise recognizing the interaction but wouldn't load.

On the upside, I have been enjoying Slashics channel on it. All day Slasher movies. Watched Tourist Trap, Alone in the Dark, Zero Boys, and quite a few others on it. 

I feel the $5 a month price tag is just right. Usually watch about 5 movies on it a month, so its as good as renting them for $1. 

I have it... Sometime this month they are supposed to be airing a 24 hour horror marathon with Joe Bob Briggs, drive in totals and all.  Can't wait for this!  A semi-return of MonsterVision!!!

15 hours ago, MaxRenn82 said:

I have it... Sometime this month they are supposed to be airing a 24 hour horror marathon with Joe Bob Briggs, drive in totals and all.  Can't wait for this!  A semi-return of MonsterVision!!!

That sounds awesome! I used to love watching his showings of old cult and horror films on TNT when I was younger. If you hear a date on that keep us updated! 

• Like 1

I've also got it (I use it primarily on Xbox One) and overall I think that the Xbox One app needs a lot of work as I find it a chore to look through their selection of movies/shows (also they have podcast episodes on there and they aren't marked in any way as being Podcasts) and for some reason it won't play the "Premium" version of Shudder TV (it works on the phone app & on my laptop but it doesn't want to work on the Xbox One app), other than that I really enjoy the service. They have a nice selection of movies as well as a few awesome exclusives like their series "The Core", Wolf Creek The TV series, and the Sadako vs. Kayako (aka The Ring vs. The Grudge) movie.

On 6/13/2018 at 7:16 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

If you hear a date on that keep us updated! 

9 P.M. EDT on....bum bum buuuuuum! Friday the 13th!. I had the app for a while. I loved Joe Bob's commentary back in the day. Even if the movie was complete ass, I could count on plenty of laughs from the man! This looks like one of a hell good time.

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

9 P.M. EDT on....bum bum buuuuuum! Friday the 13th!. I had the app for a while. I loved Joe Bob's commentary back in the day. Even if the movie was complete ass, I could count on plenty of laughs from the man! This looks like one of a hell good time.

Haha I can't wait for this.

I agree with you completely on his commentary. Night of the Comet was the perfect example of what you said to me. Awful movie, but with his commentary I enjoyed going through it. 

Think of how many people would have never watched Night of the Creeps because of him.

@TheHansonGoons Here is James Rolfe interviewing Joe Bob about the upcoming special, and just movies in general. It is over 30 minutes long, but I had a blast watching it. Hope you dig it bro.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@TheHansonGoons Here is James Rolfe interviewing Joe Bob about the upcoming special, and just movies in general. It is over 30 minutes long, but I had a blast watching it. Hope you dig it bro.

I just got done watching this and was coming to tag @TheHansonGoons to tell him.

Total 3 an a half stars!! Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Total 3 an a half stars!!

The Cinemassacre guys should have had more women!! 😂

Just now, Rexfellis said:

The Cinemassacre guys should have had more women!! 😂

I totally love Cinemassacre. Of course it started with AVGN but I can't help but love the movie review videos. James always has great points and I love the humor.

Have you seen the Halloween Timeline explained? Hilarious!! 😂

I used to get Fearnet and Chill which were all right if you can stand bad quality and censorship. Oftentimes those were the only available options around the holidays to catch some good horror. I've never heard of Shudder, will look into it.

TubiTV, Popcornflix and EPIX all have some pretty decent obscure horror. EPIX in general has a lot of those movies made from pre-60s, black and white stuff, Vincent Price, Karloff, that sort of thing. I wish more places offered Hammer Horror. I've tried Snag Films, that's more on the indie side. I haven't looked into Screambox though I should.

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I totally love Cinemassacre. Of course it started with AVGN but I can't help but love the movie review videos. James always has great points and I love the humor.

Have you seen the Halloween Timeline explained? Hilarious!! 😂

Hell man, go to the website. James was making, reviewing, and talking about movies long before AVGN made him famous. AVGN was supposed to be a joke. He was just going to do a one-off video making fun of Castlevania 2. But, it gained steam and ended up being very popular. 

Some of the stuff on there is YouTube re-hash, especially Monster Madness, the AVGN stuff, and James and Mike Mondays. But originally, it was just a place for him to share his love of movies. If you go to the site, click on movies first...to see the reviews, and then click on original films to see a lot of his earlier work. It's pretty interesting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Hell man, go to the website. James was making, reviewing, and talking about movies long before AVGN made him famous. AVGN was supposed to be a joke. He was just going to do a one-off video making fun of Castlevania 2. But, it gained steam and ended up being very popular. 

Some of the stuff on there is YouTube re-hash, especially Monster Madness, the AVGN stuff, and James and Mike Mondays. But originally, it was just a place for him to share his love of movies. If you go to the site, click on movies first...to see the reviews, and then click on original films to see a lot of his earlier work. It's pretty interesting.

Will do. 🤘😜🤘