Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

How the maps fit together: New Theory

36 posts in this topic

Good work.

Getting a map that has all the locations of those maps would be neat.

Though Jason would need help.

Maybe make it the Winter Version of the maps.

On 10/8/2017 at 4:13 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I spent an hour in MS Paint and threw all the maps together into one big overworld map. I did this once before but that was before the new Jarvis map was revealed. This one includes the Jarvis Map. Tell me what you think:

q72rih8.png

Looks awesome, but where does the lake meet the ocean? Crystal Lake is supposed to connect to the ocean.

15 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Looks awesome, but where does the lake meet the ocean? Crystal Lake is supposed to connect to the ocean.

Forgot about that part in my 2.0. Considering the size of the overworld map on the map stands, I think I'll re-do this later on with a path to the ocean. It would be way bigger though.

1 person likes this

Didn't Part 2 place Packanack right next to Camp Crystal Lake, aka Camp Blood? If my memory serves right, the counselors even visited its outskirts. Been a while since I last saw it, though.

Nice job, nevertheless!

5 hours ago, D00las said:

Didn't Part 2 place Packanack right next to Camp Crystal Lake, aka Camp Blood? If my memory serves right, the counselors even visited its outskirts. Been a while since I last saw it, though.

Nice job, nevertheless!

Good catch. I'll have to put them a little closer together next time.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:20 AM, DarkRicochet117 said:

Look closely at the big map board.

On 10/8/2017 at 9:48 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

It's possible for 'North' Crystal Lake to be towards on the East or West. As long as it's situated in the top 50% of the lake, that's still an accurate description.

It could also be jutting out of a prominence, with part of the lake curving above it into a small river. Crystal Lake is supposed to be huge. On your map, each district takes up 1/9th of the map, but in reality it'd more likely be 1/100th.

The map stands in game actually have a map of the entire lake on them too. t's hard to work out the scale, but comparing the sizes of how roads are displayed, I'd argue each in-game map is tiny on the overall map.

Remember too that Crystal Lake comprises almost an entire county. In New Jersey (where the films are set) even their smallest county, Salem, has 65,000 people, which necessitates a very large size to the lake to have the scale to fit them in the surrounding area.

All the game maps together likely take up less space than the island in the middle does, meaning any problematic geographical features could just be too small for the map to represent.

FB_IMG_1507532092565.thumb.jpg.d912316b0040d5e065bc9eddbe903921.jpg

The big map board shows Forest Green County and all of Crystal Lake. If you look at the western county border you see a large river. My guess is that the connection between that river (which I suspect leads to the ocean) and the lake is somewhere on western side of the lake.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, Truth said:

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MEAN GIRL!!!

That would be interesting though. 20 counselors, 45 minutes, and all 4 maps combined. I'd play it!

Very cool idea but I think you would have many players leaving after they get killed because they wouldn't want to spectate for that long. I like it though !

Just now, TWarner said:

Very cool idea but I think you would have many players leaving after they get killed because they wouldn't want to spectate for that long. I like it though !

As long as Jason can get the xp for killing them then it doesn't really matter if they leave. If they made it where you get your xp right after you die then you could move on to another match no problem. The 500 bonus xp could just be automatic, or give more xp for doing things in that mode.

That was just a bs idea, but it does sounds like fun to me.