Sign in to follow this  
headietoinfinity

No communication equals a one player game, and other recommendations

After spending time playing Friday the 13th on PS4, I've come to realize that this is a one player objective game. Most players do not have or use microphones to communicate. Everyone is working toward random objectives, which leads to no team work and end result death by Jason. I've survived only a few times and all of which could of been prevented with communication from other team members. There are a few ways I believe that this "one player" game can be helped:

Have on screen notifications when players find items with the players name and item found and a quick chat system for those who do not use microphones

Show dead bodies on the map so players don't spend 20 minutes searching cabins for the battery that is next to the dead body beside the car

On the map and mini map show player names to the other counselors

If this can't be achieved then at least create more 1 player geared objectives that require 2 steps or less for escape. You can't work as a team in this game if there is no way to communicate therefore there needs to be objectives for one player to make it out on their own, or for 2 people that doesn't require finding 3 items.

Finding a map should give you a general area of where items are located to complete objectives

Fear should not be as high when running around alone if using flashlight

Other things that I feel would make for a better game:

Cars easily get stuck on roadside rocks, this should be addressed

It's nearly impossible to get out of Jason's grab

The spectating view should show a mini map and highlight the player your watching and the option to see objectives. It would be more enjoyable to watch other players after my death if I knew what they were actually working towards!

Bear traps should be slightly more visible

Locking doors and jumping through windows often requires double interaction and is too slow. This leads to people not taking the time to lock doors.

House that have been fully searched and all items taken should change color on the map and minimap

Connection issues constantly, takes forever to find a match and often when it does and the map loads I get connection issues

Stop making 1 player the host of a game. If they leave whole session ends, requiring another 5 minute wait to start a game

Perk update for counselors

Jason should not be able to kill you from your hiding spot, instead you should get a chance to jump out and run

Jumping from a 2 story window should not result in suicide

Ability to carry objective items and a weapon is necessary since your often running around alone

Every counselor should have 1 special ability that can be triggered with Right and left triggers together. Example: invisibility from Jason for x amount of time.

You should not drop your weapon if Jason grabs you.

If the game can't require team communication then it needs to allow for one player survival. Otherwise everyone is set up to fail.

• Like 1

As a fellow ps4 player who is also sick to death of a player base that refuses to talk (unless the player in question happens to be 8 years old) I feel your pain. I even joined a player community last night, only to be ignored by the people in that group whose game i joined. It's unreal, especially when you consider the ps4 comes with a mic, so there's no excuse. 

That said,  some of these suggestions are in the game already; the flashlight does help with fear, the car is the only method of escape that required three items, and the two story drop is only fatal if you're injured. I think the rest though are too much to a point that just makes this a different game.

I don't know who you are playing, but maybe your approach needs work. Clearly you're not going to want a brawler if you're working solo, I would suggest a character like AJ, where you can keep away from everyone else and try objectives independent of other players because you can absolutely survive playing alone. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Zylthis said:

As a fellow ps4 player who is also sick to death of a player base that refuses to talk (unless the player in question happens to be 8 years old) I feel your pain. I even joined a player community last night, only to be ignored by the people in that group whose game i joined. It's unreal, especially when you consider the ps4 comes with a mic, so there's no excuse. 

That said,  some of these suggestions are in the game already; the flashlight does help with fear, the car is the only method of escape that required three items, and the two story drop is only fatal if you're injured. I think the rest though are too much to a point that just makes this a different game.

I don't know who you are playing, but maybe your approach needs work. Clearly you're not going to want a brawler if you're working solo, I would suggest a character like AJ, where you can keep away from everyone else and try objectives independent of other players because you can absolutely survive playing alone. Good luck.

I can agree to that. The base game needs updates and features. At least in the communication area. I don't think it should be easier. However it's very hard when there is no form of communication except a microphone that most people do not use.

15 minutes ago, headietoinfinity said:

I can agree to that. The base game needs updates and features. At least in the communication area. I don't think it should be easier. However it's very hard when there is no form of communication except a microphone that most people do not use.

Honestly I'd be happier if I could play when I wanted to, 3/4 of the time I can't even find a game. 

My plan today was to sit on my couch and try and grind out as many levels as possible, it turned into half an hour of not being able to find ANY game.

3 minutes ago, Zylthis said:

Honestly I'd be happier if I could play when I wanted to, 3/4 of the time I can't even find a game. 

My plan today was to sit on my couch and try and grind out as many levels as possible, it turned into half an hour of not being able to find ANY game.

I agree. The connection issues are horrible. I find matches and then it says connection failure or once the game starts the host drops out and kicks everyone. This happens more often then not.

It does suck when you’re playing a game with no mic-users or with groups that aren’t cooperative, but I just chalk it up to “not everyone can be helpful in a stressful situation.”

One idea I have would be for batteries/gas/keys to become icons on the map once they’re found. So for instance, if I’m already carrying a battery and find the gas, the gas should light up on the map so other players can be signaled to its whereabouts, or I can easily find it again. Or, as you said, if someone dies with the keys or something, I can find them.

Also, I jump from second-floor windows all of the time and don’t die (unless I’m already limping)? I get injured and have to spray myself though. What counselor do you play as?

Nice topic,some of your suggestions sound to me like big counselor buffs that i would not agree with but i like others.Totally agree with dead bodies showing on the map so u can find items they drop.Just a small skull in the same size as the white dots that already exist would be fine to show dead bodies.

• Like 1

Just play private matches. I play most evenings. Malloymk ps4. We have a solid group. All mics. 

I only play pub matches when i see people aren't on. Which for me isn't all that often.

It's a whole new world in private match mode. 

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

Just play private matches. I play most evenings. Malloymk ps4. We have a solid group. All mics. 

I only play pub matches when i see people aren't on. Which for me isn't all that often.

It's a whole new world in private match mode. 

I'm willing to bet, everyone I know went with the Xbox so I'm alone with my PS4. I'll toss you a friend request if you don't mind.

1 hour ago, Zylthis said:

I'm willing to bet, everyone I know went with the Xbox so I'm alone with my PS4. I'll toss you a friend request if you don't mind.

For sure