AJ_isoverrated

"Connection to host lost"

28 posts in this topic

Is anyone else getting this error and getting disconnected on PS4?

I have been getting disconnected almost every game.Just today I got this 4 times, all just as I escaped and the screen says "You Survived" and I get disconnected

Yep, yesterday i got this 2-3 times.I don't know why its happening.

This is a reoccurring issue today as well. Can't wait for the double xp weekend!  

Also, the "connection timed out" message is very common. 

I've had that from day 1.  Common issue but it hasn't been anything that completely ruins my time.  I just join another game.

1 person likes this

Two more "connection timed out" errors in 3 matches.  This weekend is gonna be spectacular.  

oh yea this and you were kicked host left the game happens Way to much and if they don't add dedicated servers soon. i think this will cause the next big up roar from the community and cause players to flee again

1 person likes this

I'm on PS4 and I get this all the time.  

3 Jason games in a row (not consecutive games, just 3 Jason-games) I was going to kill everyone and disconnected from Host.  I also disconnected from Host when I was about to escape several times.

I'd have been level 101 a long time ago if I was able to finish all these games, let alone games where the host quits on purpose because they died.

1 person likes this

between this, the connection timing out and hosts rage quitting, I'm lucky if i complete 1 out of every 5 matches i start. 

All the time (on PS4). And it has nothing to do with internet speed or connection quality (I've done several tests)

1 person likes this

can admin or mod of this forum can share some information about dedicated servers for consoles? some time ago i read on reddit about plans to add dedicated servers, i think someone from gun or illfonic said that in worst case we will have to wait untill october. its already october and i wish somebody would kindly updated community in this matter. today i wasnt able to finish single match, game is disconnecting left and right. not to mention when im host nobody is joining my lobby. this friday with the disc release new players will experience all this issues and i guarantee there will be much much more questions about dedicated servers. so, any new info?

This is whenever the host decides to quit. You won't be getting this when dedicated servers come in. 

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

This is whenever the host decides to quit. You won't be getting this when dedicated servers come in. 

I thought when the host quits it says " you were kicked the host has left the game."

2 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

I thought when the host quits it says " you were kicked the host has left the game."

That's what I thought... I assumed the "connection to host lost" was my internet...

Connection to host lost can't be your personal internet. This is the most common error next to connection timed out. If anything it's the error when a host blue screens.

1 hour ago, Toddarino said:

Connection to host lost can't be your personal internet. This is the most common error next to connection timed out. If anything it's the error when a host blue screens.

Unfortunately, the blue screen error has come back in a moderate way.   Happened twice today while trying to join a lobby.  It hadn't happened for quite some time, but here lately it has kicked up again.  

What's the difference between "host has suspended their game" and "host has left the game?"

This has been happening to me every other game. I was thinking that it was my internet connection. Never had a “host has suspended their game” message though.

this wont be happening soon™, but dont hold your breath

I had a really bad day today. Got off work, fired the game up, and BAM, I'm Jason. Perked me right up.

I set my first trap and the connection was immediately lost. Just a total bummer.

The worst one I had was about 2-3 months ago when I was Jason, killed 6 people (including Tommy) and had number 7 literally in my grasp with the 8th person doing nothing. And then - gone.

I've still never been able to kill more than 6 people in a game as Jason, so it's remained as my most disappointing moment.

Fuck

Yesterday i wait two hours to play as jason and every fuckingtime i'm jason the fucking "conection to host lost" this is fucking bullshit andonis not about the conection is the fucking game , not even one game i could finish,such a bullshit

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 1:06 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

This is whenever the host decides to quit. You won't be getting this when dedicated servers come in. I 

Is not  the host ,is the fucking game servers or something you have to fix for ps4, te host quitting game is another big problem , yestarday too a was playing as jasonn and soon i kill thr fucking host, the coward decides to leave, fuckinggg people

On 10/8/2017 at 2:51 AM, AJ_isoverrated said:

Is anyone else getting this error and getting disconnected on PS4?

I have been getting disconnected almost every game.Just today I got this 4 times, all just as I escaped and the screen says "You Survived" and I get disconnected

If that happens more than once in a row, simply eject the disc and then reboot it. That usually fixes the problem for a while.