NoOneK9503

What's the deal with Part 4's bad Shift?

Why people gets pissed off when a running Jason has bad Shift? This is too much love for just one ability! What about his good Destruction? And his great Weapon Damage? Doesn't this strength compensate for his -Shift?

I was kind of bummed, but it’s not like Part IV can’t use shift at ALL, you just need to get a little closer to counselors before using it and wait a little longer for it to recharge. Plus, he can run. That’s a huge advantage right there. Part VII Jason having a weak shift, on the other hand, is ridiculous. No undead Jason should have shift as a weakness. 

His -traps and -shift is going to cripple him at stopping cars. Differently not the Jason I'd use in an experienced lobby. He'd be better suited in a public lobby with no mics.

12 minutes ago, zarakye said:

His -traps and -morph is going to cripple him at stopping cars. Differently not the Jason I'd use in an experienced lobby. He'd be better suited in a public lobby with no mics.

He only has -Traps. I would take out his -Water Speed and replace it with -Hit Points.

7 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

He only has -Traps. I would take out his -Water Speed and replace it with -Hit Points.

Shit, typo. Yeah, I have NO idea why he has -water speed. He was an absolute ninja under water.

5 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

If he had both destruction and +shift he would be insufferable xD 

So Savini Jason?

1 minute ago, zarakye said:

So Savini Jason?

??

21 minutes ago, zarakye said:

Shit, typo. Yeah, I have NO idea why he has -water speed. He was an absolute ninja under water.

So Savini Jason?

I whine every time I see Savini. 

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Why people gets pissed off when a running Jason has bad Shift? This is too much love for just one ability! What about his good Destruction? And his great Weapon Damage? Doesn't this strength compensate for his -Shift?

It's not so much the -Shift, as it is -Shift paired with -Traps. Part 4 has great strengths, but those negative stats drop him down to overall being a worse version of Part 3 - who is only missing +Destruction in comparison and has no negatives to mobility or traps. 

Here's the rules regarding these stats, if you want a Jason who is capable of handling a match without problems:

1. No non-running Jason should have -Shift. Obvious mobility issue otherwise, and stops Jason from being able to effectively pressure.

2. -Shift should never be paired with -Traps. -Shift is one of the worst negatives to have, it is somewhat compensated for by Can Run for pressuring but can still make stopping the car difficult, as cooldown, duration and speed are all affected. +Traps can balance that by having more chance of never getting it started, but with both of these negatives it means it can both get started and be hard to stop once it does.

So Part 4, even with Can Run, is still going to have as much trouble with objectives as Part 7 does, and is going to have to work harder than most of the Jasons to prevent them from being completed. He is going to be fun to play in combat and pressure, but frustrating to play trying to control the map.

If it were up to me, I would take away his -Traps and replace it with something else. He doesn't need a bonus to it, given his already great strengths, just simply not a weakness if he is to have a -Shift. 

@Tommy86 I think it's alright. Unlike Part 7, Part 4 have good strengths to compensate for his bad Traps and Shift. Like you said, he is good for pressure with +Can Run, +Destruction and +Weapon Damage. Both +Can Run and +Weapon Damage greatly reduces the dependency of the -Shift ability and +Destruction helps in the pressure playstyle. It may be a bit hard to keep track on counselors, but once he finds them, it's almost a guaranteed kill.

My only complaint is the bad Water Speed. I understand he needs to have a reduced mobility to compensate for his great pressure, but this is too much. I would replace it with -Hit Points.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@Tommy86 I think it's alright. Unlike Part 7, Part 4 have good strengths to compensate for his bad Traps and Shift. Like you said, he is good for pressure with +Can Run, +Destruction and +Weapon Damage. Both +Can Run and +Weapon Damage greatly reduces the dependency of the -Shift ability and +Destruction helps in the pressure playstyle. It may be a bit hard to keep track on counselors, but once he finds them, it's almost a guaranteed kill.

I don't see how it's any more of a guaranteed kill than Part 3 though, as Can Run and +Weapon Strength are the main stats that contribute to that, and they both share them. He has +Destruction which gets him into cabins quickly, so he should theoretically be an anti-juking character but the fact he has -Shift means he will still have problems catching them. And -Traps means he won't be able to lock them down either.

What it comes down to is that you have almost the same aggressive playstyle with Part 3, with no negatives. It takes longer to get into cabins but you can still wear the counselors down with Shift properly, and still control objectives properly with no -Traps. -Stalk is a logical weakness as his playstyle does not require it, and -Sense is managed by good use of toggling. So in essence, a Jason that can be unlocked right away is overall better than a Jason who isn't available until level 44. 

Again, to differentiate them I think it would've been a fairer trade off to have +Destruction compensate for -Shift and leave him with base Traps. Add a different weakness instead like Less Hit Points or something of that nature. -Water Speed is acceptable but the two other negatives are the worst combo and will give any Jason problems.

EDIT: the only saving grace in regards to the -Shift and -Traps combo of doom is his one handed weapon. It should make +Destruction even more effective and make him excellent in combat with +Weapon Strength. We shall see whether or not that can make up for the negatives.

I'm sad to see all of Part IV's pros & cons are just those that already exist in the game. I would have loved to see something new like "+Fear" or " +Rage" or whatever. Let's hope that can happen if they allow Jason to have 4 pros & cons.

And Part IV NEEDS -Hit Points. The dude died in that movie. That's like, what?? Here's what I would change:

+Can Run

+Fear or +Rage(2x Fear or 25% faster Rage meter)

+Weapon Damage or +Stun Resistance(I don't care which)

-Traps(a running Jason with few traps completes the traps Trifecta)

-Less Hit Points(he died)

-I'm equally ok with either -Shift, -Morph, or -Grip Strength

• Like 2

IMO, the -Shift is basically there to make sure this Jason remains anti-counselor instead of things like map control. While -Shift has more cons than pros, it's important to remember it's slower, so it's much easier to control when you're trying to shift grab counselors

In this sense, Part 4 Jason is completely geared towards murdering people efficiently so he doesn't have to worry about a trap weakness. And while his water speed weakness means he cannot catch up to the boat, his map has a boat area involving people going down a narrow stream; that's not going to be very difficult to block.

Dunno, to me the fact he doesn't have a stalk weakness on top of having weapon strength means he going to be deadly once he gets rids of the repair counselors. And since he's unlock at a later level means people will have a strong understanding of the meta as well as how to use Jason's stalk ability effectively.

Basically speaking, he's hard mode Jason on this map since Part 7 is going to have a blast utilizing the water features. Strong early, and has to abuse this so that counselors can't take advantage of him having fewer traps.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Woozyer said:

Shift is the most important thing

Shift WAS the most important thing when counselors could survive 14 melee strikes, 9 broken windows, 4 2-story falls, and/or 8 quintillion throwing knives because of the pre-nerf Thick Skinned. Shift-grab was required because it would take 15x as long to kill someone without it. Now that Thick Skinned has been properly nerfed, Shift has lost so much of its importance.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Shift WAS the most important thing when counselors could survive 14 melee strikes, 9 broken windows, 4 2-story falls, and/or 8 quintillion throwing knives because of the pre-nerf Thick Skinned. Shift-grab was required because it would take 15x as long to kill someone without it. Now that Thick Skinned has been properly nerfed, Shift has lost so much of its importance.

If you are good with shift and grip, as in my case (use part 6) it is impossible for anyone to escape from you, I would have liked part 4 to have + Destruction + Change + Morpheus and - Grip - Life Points - Water.

18 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Well, if you can land a melee strike you can land a grab. You're right about the windows, falls and knives though. Medic helps, but it still doesn't let you loop the same broken window forever.

Part 4 is definitely going to be good, but he's going to have serious weaknesses as well.

No Jason should have -traps and -shift combined. His -traps should at least be replaced with -hitpoints to even it out. I can't quite figure out why they'd give him -water speed, he showed no signs weakness towards water in the movie. :unsure:

• Like 1

Locking this thread as this one I just linked was posted before it.

• Like 1