Sign in to follow this  
FlameRiderSD

Why no waterspeed? part 4

Should part 4 not have -waterspeed?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think its stupid he doesnt have waterspeed i mean in the movie he gets 2 kills in the water hes the only living jason EVER to go in the water besides when he drowned

• Yes it makes sense to not have +waterspeed
    • No it doesnt make sense not to have +waterspeed

So guys what you think about this?

comment below what you think the alternative if you dont agree should be

i vote he needs it

It certainly doesn't. I mean, ok he has bad Shift but at least he Can Run. But the bad Water Speed takes out too much mobility from him. This could be replaced with -Hit Points.

• Like 1

Though it doesn't fit the Jason exactly, I don't think it will be too crippling. How often can you not just morph ahead of the boat? I have never had trouble stopping one, but, never had to with Jason 2 either. I am more bummed about -Shift. More of the game takes place on the ground than in the water. Shift is more important more often. I still think Can Run and Destruction will let him get to counselors well enough.

Water speed would be nice in limited situations such as a counselor taking a risk across the lake or a boat escape...but generally the amount of times I may find a counselor in the water do not justify taking up a strength or + slot for a new Jason, I feel.

Checking your map often & utilizing morph suffice in the water game for me. I would like to see a quicker Jason otherwise with + stalk and destruction 

Replace

- Water Speed

with

- Hit Points

Makes a lot more sense. It keeps his water speed at neutral, when in the films, he killed 2 in the water.

- Hit Points makes more sense because Jason was on his last legs in Part 4. So his mask will come off quicker.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Replace

- Water Speed

with

- Hit Points

Makes a lot more sense. It keeps his water speed at neutral, when in the films, he killed 2 in the water.

- Hit Points makes more sense because Jason was on his last legs in Part 4. So his mask will come off quicker.

I would like this, but I'm out of likes.

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I would like this, but I'm out of likes.

I did it for you, brother.

As for the topic, it's not necessary for Part 4 to have high water speed. I just don't want him to NOT have -Hit Points. If they changed -Water Speed or -Shift to -HP, then I'd be more satisfied.

3 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about - Shift and - Traps. That's most of the community's gripe with Part 7. I think Part 4 will be cool though. 

I wrote a fair bit about it here.

I don't understand why people are actually complaining about -Water Speed. It's not a big deal if you just watch the map, morph ahead and especially with Stalk activated, they will never see you coming. 

I am totally fine with his stats other than the -Traps. That is a bad, bad thing to pair with -Shift. Can't reliably stop objectives being completed and can't reliably stop counselors escaping once they are. Can Run is good for pressuring, not stopping a car, it's not a replacement for Shift.

On topic, just because Part 4 had 2 kills in the water doesn't have anything to do with his actual water speed.