Yes same I am getting disconnected almost every game since last week just now I had a game as Jason where I killed 7/8 I am about to go for the 8th person and I disconnect this is very frustrating

I thought I read that this only happens 1% of the time, which is obviously not correct. Above all else this is my number one complaint with the game and it refuses to be addressed.

54 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

I thought I read that this only happens 1% of the time, which is obviously not correct. Above all else this is my number one complaint with the game and it refuses to be addressed.

1%? hahaha. i must be really unlucky, then. i feel like this is how half of my games have been ending lately. 

i really try not to complain. I feel like I'm always telling people to chill here, but this (and hosts quitting) have made it hard for me to justify playing much.

my free time is crazy limited and if I'm going to use it playing games, i actually want to play, not sit around waiting for people to ready-up in a lobby that'll end abruptly a minute in to the game when yet-another host quits after he realizes he's not jason...  or even worse... the host that rage quits 15 minutes in to the match because you were able to repair the car and escape after calling the police.  

i played for an hour after work Thursday and didn't successfully complete a single match. one hour of play and i didn't earn a single XP point. 

I'm level 64, playing since launch, and i swear if it wasn't for these issues, I'd have been level 101 a few months ago. 

• Like 1

This happens to me very regularly and honestly fills me with rage. It’s SO annoying. That feeling when I’m running towards a cabin and then my person just keeps running straight, hits the wall, and keeps running, and I lose control of their function... no words can describe how annoyed it makes me.

Hoping to god this gets resolved in the next patch because it has been an ongoing issue for me since buying the game.

I loce this game and want to be able to play it the way it was intended.

• Like 1

I found the post. It's a few pages back in a locked thread. It says they are below a 1% crash rate. There's no way that crash includes the connection timed out error. 

Six matches tonight. Three dropped connections. Fuck this.

• Like 1

This happened to me today. When I rebooted the disc (PS4) and connected the first two minutes of game play was super laggy. Fortunately it went away before Jason found me. It was damn close!

Yea, I actually just went and upgraded my internet today thinking that was the issue. Now, I'm running at least 100 megs hard wired into my ps4. I've timed out of the first 3 lobbies. I'm running speed tests & my connection is very fast. This is really frustrating. I really did think a higher speed of internet would fix this!!

On 07/10/2017 at 11:53 AM, matisangry said:

i really try not to complain. [...] my free time is crazy limited and if I'm going to use it playing games, i actually want to play, not sit around waiting for people to ready-up in a lobby that'll end abruptly a minute in to the game when yet-another host quits ....

The exactly same situation here.

We need really try hard to get to play a good match. One thing I can't understand is why even when I'm in a low-ping session (everyone has ping less than 88ms), playing smooth matches, the errors happen (session expired, timeout, unknown error..).

On 10/7/2017 at 9:00 AM, Toddarino said:

That 1% is about game crashes, not disconnects. Those are 2 totally different things.

• Like 1

I get this fucking error nearly every 2nd game. And if there isnt that error then the host rage quits. Game is nearly unplayable right now on ps4. 

1 minute ago, Trunks said:

I get this fucking error nearly every 2nd game. And if there isnt that error then the host rage quits. Game is nearly unplayable right now on ps4. 

Do you have the problem when trying to join a private match?

12 minutes ago, Truth said:

Do you have the problem when trying to join a private match?

I haven't tried it yet.

Private matches are often as screwed up as public ones. I have a community I play with, and have spent upwards of an hour setting up matches with everyone. One joins a party, and two get connection timed out messages, or cannot connect to host messages. Sometimes it's within the first minute of play, other times halfway through the match. Usually 2-3 people get the boot, then inevitably say; " Got a connection timed out message."  

This has happened to me since post-patch (most recent) more than it ever did. Before the most recent patch it would happen to me once or twice a week. Now its about once or twice a day when I play. Kinda frustrating, and hopefully its something they address. Glad to know its happening to other people (not that I want it to) and not just my game/connection.

I've had several Jason matches that wouldn't been 7/8 or 8/8 then BAM no connection or exp! Also happened to me at the worst possible time, when I was about to be the sole survivor as Tiffany, and earn that achievement. One counselor left and she was being stalked by Jason, with like 6 minutes left in the match. The one time I was actually rooting for Jason to get that kill. Oh well! I know there will be more time, but I just really wanted that one done and over with.

Game is still great, and I love it....even with its flaws. I still would like to see this issue addressed, and away around this raging host quit issue. Other than that, I'm a happy camper!

Just happened to me when I was playing Jason. First of all I suck playing him....had one kill. I'm not a rage quitter. On a positive note.....I do love the game. It is like playing and watching a "B" movie. 

3 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

Has this been worked on at all?? This still happens to me most matches!!

Nope :-/ 

The engine update is coming soon and might fix it but idk 

always the same shit and also the fuckin the host leaving , this happened since the begining of the game 

and no savini jason  on the horizon...

.:JasonPt8::JasonPt6::JasonPt3::JasonPt4::JasonPt7::JasonPt9:

:ph34r::tiffbutt:

On 4/3/2018 at 12:30 AM, Crispen_Glover said:

Nope :-/ 

The engine update is coming soon and might fix it but idk 

Lets all hope so. 

So what do all the different "connection lost" messages actually mean? I see different variations from time go time but I'm not that computer savvy to understand it all:

Connection to host lost 

Connection timed out (appeared after I finished a match and received my points)

You were kicked: Host has left the game (ok, this one is pretty self explanatory lol)

Connection closed by host, or network failure received

@Pazuzu I like the session heartbeat failure. Probably my personal favorite of them all. 

• Like 1