Jump to content
GunMedia_Ben

Upcoming Friday the 13th Update - Next Friday with Tons of Stuff

Recommended Posts

There’s also a post on the website that states 2 new counselors, but I wonder if that means 1 for this “New Counselors” button on the roadmap and another 1 for the other later down the road. Will be SUPER bummed if we’re only getting two new ones within the next few months bc I was totally expecting more based on that note + the plural. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rain is coming too.  That is awesome.  All these combined additions round the game out nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

There’s also a post on the website that states 2 new counselors, but I wonder if that means 1 for this “New Counselors” button on the roadmap and another 1 for the other later down the road. Will be SUPER bummed if we’re only getting two new ones within the next few months bc I was totally expecting more based on that note + the plural. 

Well... looks like we’re only getting one new counselor for the time being. *sigh*

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tiffany said:

Well... looks like we’re only getting one new counselor for the time being. *sigh*

 

Are you really feeling disheartened by that?  They are adding quite a bit.  Personally, I expect the next counselor to be paid and I’m fine with that.  They released at 40, have added a good amount free and promise more free content, and so far have been releasing dlc at reasonable prices.  So I’m cool.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHERE'S MY MEAN GIRL.

...Shit, noooooo... Another Jason with destruction. *Gulps.* 

Really looking forward to this!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TimmyJarvis said:

Are you really feeling disheartened by that?  They are adding quite a bit.  Personally, I expect the next counselor to be paid and I’m fine with that.  They released at 40, have added a good amount free and promise more free content, and so far have been releasing dlc at reasonable prices.  So I’m cool.

I’m super excited for the new content - I love this game, trust me! But I am feeling a little bummed that we’re only getting one for the time being only because I expected another based on their word choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

He'll be a force up close with weapon strength and destruction.

His map control will be iffy though.

Normal morph, minus shift and 3 traps.

Yeah I'm surprised he has minus shift and normal stalk. Jason came seemingly out of no where for his kills in Part IV. Arguably more so than in any other movie (bar Part VIII).  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

WHERE'S MY MEAN GIRL.

...Shit, noooooo... Another Jason with destruction. *Gulps.* 

Really looking forward to this!

I know! I wanted a “blonde bitch” character SO bad!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Yeah I'm surprised he has minus shift and normal stalk. Jason came seemingly out of no where for his kills in Part IV. Arguably more so than in any other movie (bar Part VIII).  

I guess they wanted to base Part 4 off the way he was in the later part of the film versus the earlier parts when he stalked around. My guess.

So lets compare the human variants.

I guess it all depends what you value most.

Part 2 clearly has the best map control, but slow in pursuit.

Part 3 is probably the most overall rounded.

Part 4 seems like he's going to be a beast up close with weapon strength and destruction, but the late game is going to prove troublesome for him if the counselors aren't mostly dead by then. He won't have the map control that Part 3 has and definitely not Part 2.

j4UrkHR.jpg

Yx8qhUH.jpg

J4%20ProsCons.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tiffany said:

I know! I wanted a “blonde bitch” character SO bad!

Hopefully she has a fancy short dress, or a skirt. And pearls! And heels! *Gets excited.* And long hair for once! I understand that must be difficult to animate, but with a little creativity it can be done. A longer ponytail than Vanessa's, or a half-up, half-down. We are going to annoy the hell out of them until we get what we are looking for, LOL.

CHANEL+OBERLIN.jpg
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

There’s also a post on the website that states 2 new counselors, but I wonder if that means 1 for this “New Counselors” button on the roadmap and another 1 for the other later down the road. Will be SUPER bummed if we’re only getting two new ones within the next few months bc I was totally expecting more based on that note + the plural. 

The team confirmed on Twitter there is more counselors coming, the stoner is the first one coming and the other(s) coming later, they dont want to bring it out all at once. If were super lucky, we might see Fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The optimization part just made my night.

And I'm totally buying the emote pack

Bring it on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how Mitch is dancing like Crispin Glover! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys this makes 0 sense i just seen part 4 has -WATERSPEED

hes the only living jason to get a kill in the water this makes 0 sense

to be exact he got 2 and hes the only jason ever been in the water before part 6 (dont count when he drowned)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really excited for Part IV Jason, even though it kind of sucks that he has -shift. At least he can run. Liking the new counselor as well. Gives me a serious Tommy Chong kind of vibe. Lol. My biggest issue, however, is the emotes. I was worried about there being dancing emotes in this update. I thought this was a horror game? It’s going to kill the immersion with counselors dancing. The developers seem to want to make this a comedy or something. Might as well throw some funny music in as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tiffany said:

I’m a little annoyed bc the team is being quite avoidant about why we’re only getting one new counselor when it said counselors. Have asked on Twitter too and gotten no real response. Usually a sign that the answer’s not a good one.

Also, based on the screenshots they shared, it seems like the new counselor (Mitch) won’t even have a Spring Break outfit. <_<

They are probably keeping the 2nd Counselor a secret from us or either have doubts about a 2nd Counselor.

 

And Rob needs to be one of them:

 Image result for Friday the 13th the game rob dier

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The map for those wondering.

I like that the water is on all sides of the map. It does make for a lot of tough choices for counselor rather than just having a cabin next door.

Jarvis%20Map.jpg

It looks good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I like about Part 4 is his combination of weapon strength, run AND his stealth isn't a weakness. That can be a really brutal combo late game. However, it's pretty obvious his map control is going to suck, but at the very least he has beast mode stats early on to massacre people before they can get the objectives going.

Also, with this map heavily centering around water, I can imagine Part 8 being really strong on this map. I'm even going to make a bold prediction that we'll see some life breathed into Part 7. He can essentially torpedo around the edges of the map to look for counselors, and since they'll have no choice but to be near/enter the water in some occasions, they're essentially going to traverse in his domain where -Shift doesn't matter.

Not saying Part 7 will be beast all of a sudden, but if Gun Media/IllFonic release more maps where water plays a larger role we could see a rise of the Water Speed dominant Jasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

What I like about Part 4 is his combination of weapon strength, run AND his stealth isn't a weakness. That can be a really brutal combo late game. However, it's pretty obvious his map control is going to suck, but at the very least he has beast mode stats early on to massacre people before they can get the objectives going.

Also, with this map heavily centering around water, I can imagine Part 8 being really strong on this map. I'm even going to make a bold prediction that we'll see some life breathed into Part 7. He can essentially torpedo around the edges of the map to look for counselors, and since they'll have no choice but to be near/enter the water in some occasions, they're essentially going to traverse in his domain where -Shift doesn't matter.

Not saying Part 7 will be beast all of a sudden, but if Gun Media/IllFonic release more maps where water plays a larger role we could see a rise of the Water Speed dominant Jasons.

Not to mention that huge, very thin stretch of water the boat will have to travel to escape in this map... Almost a definitive death sentence!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy with the update and happy for the emotes. Anyone complaining about them charging $2 for completely optional AND useless to gameplay emotes is just looking for stuff to bitch about.

All the important stuff is free. Them making a little extra money off some useless emotes is perfectly acceptable and not greedy like most companies who would give you the emotes free and charge for everything else.

Lastly in regards to immersion and dancing, a huge portion of the community DID ask for it especially the Crispin Glover dance.

So just because some of you didn't want it doesn't mean others didn't.

Hell i hate the new counselor but i'm not gonna complain about a free new character tons of people will enjoy simply because he doesn't interest me personally.

Thanks guys for the hefty update. Great work.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Very happy with the update and happy for the emotes. Anyone complaining about them charging $2 for completely optional AND useless to gameplay emotes is just looking for stuff to bitch about.

All the important stuff is free. Them making a little extra money off some useless emotes is perfectly acceptable and not greedy like most companies who would give you the emotes free and charge for everything else.

Lastly in regards to immersion and dancing, a huge portion of the community DID ask for it especially the Crispin Glover dance.

So just because some of you didn't want it doesn't mean others didn't.

Hell i hate the new counselor but i'm not gonna complain about a free new character tons of people will enjoy simply because he doesn't interest me personally.

Thanks guys for the hefty update. Great work.

I see no "bitch"ing about it. Only people expressing their views on a forum, which they're perfectly entitled to do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if people are unhappy about them charging for emotes, it's probably because the game is still quite a mess even four months later. I mean, they broke the luck stat a few weeks ago and haven't fixed it yet. If this new update fixes all the performance issues and makes the game better than it has ever been, I'll have no issue with them charging for some emotes, but if it messes things up like almost every previous update, why wouldn't people be angry that they'd have the gall to charge for something so minor?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part 4 Jason is going to a beast when using him right.

EDIT: What is that icon in the top left of the map, in the water?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×