lHeartBreakerl

Freddy Krueger is coming to DbD *UPDATE* Confirmed!

Lots of news today.

I'll admit it when I'm wrong. Freddy is totally coming to DbD. The leaked sound files are almost 1/1.

I have a feeling he'll be a really dumbed down version of him unfortunately. But I'll still give the man a shot.

We were wrong @bewareofbears. But @Moe9999633 called it.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Lots of news today.

I'll admit it when I'm wrong. Freddy is totally coming to DbD. The leaked sound files are almost 1/1.

I have a feeling he'll be a really dumbed down version of him unfortunately. But I'll still give the man a shot.

We were wrong @bewareofbears. But @Moe9999633 called it.

Hell yea I did wooooooo

Well, it's been made officially official on their dev stream. He's sure as shit coming.

Dead by daylight is a better game, came out after Friday the 13th, and has had way more updates. Also its just a fun game. Friday the 13th was fun but this company seems to break the game every patch, plus not enough content

1 hour ago, Lanseril Storm said:

Dead by daylight is a better game, came out after Friday the 13th, and has had way more updates. Also its just a fun game. Friday the 13th was fun but this company seems to break the game every patch, plus not enough content

I like both but I prefer f13 then DBD 

2 hours ago, Lanseril Storm said:

DbD has been out for a couple yeas 

I enjoy both.

4 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

DbD has been out for a couple yeas 

I enjoy both.

One year with the console launch in June. Not saying DbD is a better game, but does anyone honestly think F13th will run as well as it by the time it reaches its one year anniversary?

4 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

One year with the console launch in June. Not saying DbD is a better game, but does anyone honestly think F13th will run as well as it by the time it reaches its one year anniversary?

Honestly, DbD is really starting to win me over. What F13 sucks at DbD is great at and vice versa. The devs are much more interactive and cater to the playerbase.

I can see DbD going strong for a couple more years to come. F13's future is still murky :(

• Like 1

I was thinking of buying it around Halloween when the steam sales come.Reading your posts now i am totally buying that game.

Dead by Daylight can be fun, but it's harder. Example: The repairing. It pops up with no warning. In F13, you can see when it will pop up.

Also Dead by Daylight seems to be putting horror movie characters in the game. Who's next? Ghostface? It's great to see more Horror movie characters other than just Jason in f13. I like both equally.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 3:05 PM, jenndar111 said:

Example: The repairing. It pops up with no warning.

There's a light 'ping' sound effect that plays before each skill check unless the killer's using Huntress' Lullaby, I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hal Bailman said:

There's a light 'ping' sound effect that plays before each skill check unless the killer's using Huntress' Lullaby, I believe.

Yeah I just figured that out. Still it's not for beginners.

Oh shit, now I'm gonna have to try this game again. 

F13 is better for survivors I think. It's very hard to survive in DBD. Also there's no real chase in DBD unless your really good at juke. 

F13 is better all around though.  Sure less upgrades and stuff but the chase is soooo much better in f13th and more ways to survive. Plus the graphics in jason is better. Jason looks better and the kills are great. The chat function is great. Working together. 

In the end they are both good games for different reasons. But I enjoy the chase and having a chance to defend myself like in jason.  In DBD if your seen then your basically dead right away and it's a short game unless your teammates help you which is the case half the time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Freddy Krueger out tomorrow(26th)!

Wish they gave a console release date :/

Having Freddy Krueger in the game will be awesome ( it's so much more fun for me when Michael Myers is the killer rather than any of the unlicensed ones) 

Having these killers does make me think how awesome their own solo games could be though ( I.e Jason and Friday)

Whenever I've tried to comment on DBD, it tends to sound more negative than I intend, or even think of the game.

I don't actually play it, but I've been won over by watching someone else playing it. It's an interesting game.

It is more of a game though - sort of like boxing isn't fist-fighting, or fencing isn't sword-fighting. DBD is this weird horror-ish video game SPORT. It has its weird rules and strange objectives... and the fun ensues within those lines.

It's not really my thing, but it definitelyy grew on me and I like it. I hate to compare, but we all have, really... F13 is more my thing. F13 is more of a horror slasher simulator. DBD is more of a weird sport.

Obviously DBD goes into a lot of variance and fine detail with their perks, prestige, and abilities system. And that's cool. It seems to be an awesome game.

love F13 for its more sandboxy feel, which comes from both complexities and simplicities.

Anyway, F13 needs no defending! I just enjoy the sort of oldschool man hunt, slasher survival (killer) simulator and find that the work done in designing it was a huge success in creating that feel and gameplay, overall.

I'm really glad that DBD has been adding the various killers and licenses. Super curious as to how much they're going to be able to pull off for Freddy's powers, but, I just see the game as more like a death match type game... it's not as deeply connected, or true to, the character or franchise... but it is fun to be able to play a game with those characters. And it's not SOOO far off as to feel completely removed from the character.

I look forward to seeing F13 a year from now. And I am definitely curious to see what else DBD adds down the road. 

Freddy in the game is cool... but a standalone Freddy game, built with extreme devotion to the concepts, action, and feel of the franchise - and with uniqeuly inspired and innovative game design - is something that would be so much more ideal. Not that one should prevent the other! I see DBD licenses as more like allowing them into a Street Fighter game. Sure, use the character! However, no reason that should prevent them from being in other games, especially ones dedicated to representing them more acurately and in-depth. (contract agreements, of course, determine all of that!)

Blah, blah, blah... I sure did ramble! 

MOST IMPORTANTLY... I wish an accurate NANCY THOMPSON was part of this. Heather Langenkamp (and her character) deserve more love and praise!

• Like 1

@Nomadder That is fair. I thought the same from watching videos until I actually played it for a while and it seemed to play much different than watching, which was the same for me and watching beta videos of F13th. 

Nancy couldn't be in the game, they couldn't get the rights to the original and didn't want the remake Nancy, so they went with the boyfriend(Quentin). 

I agree about an Elm Street game. It just has to be single player, no way would it work as an asymmetrical horror. Too story/character driven than any of the other mainstream franchises. 

11 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

@Nomadder That is fair. I thought the same from watching videos until I actually played it for a while and it seemed to play much different than watching, which was the same for me and watching beta videos of F13th. 

Nancy couldn't be in the game, they couldn't get the rights to the original and didn't want the remake Nancy, so they went with the boyfriend(Quentin). 

I agree about an Elm Street game. It just has to be single player, no way would it work as an asymmetrical horror. Too story/character driven than any of the other mainstream franchises. 

Yes, I've been figuring I will actually play it sometime, relatively soon. So, we'll see if I find it different within the game itself.

And, yeah, I know they couldn't really get Nancy in there(I mean, maybe, if they were willing to pay for the licensing, and maybe if she wouldn't cost all that much - but, yeah, no way they'd bother - even if I love her and all, haha). 

Have you ever seen the documentary "My Name Is Nancy" http://www.iamnancy.net/

I really enjoyed that and thought she seems like an awesome and fun person. Plus, it's a great point about her character and how she surprisingly wasn't utilized more. Fun watch, in my opinion!

So... what do you guys think of Freddy's implementation?

I am pleased and impressed that they went to the lengths that they did to get the dream world into the game. Obviously it is not as great as it could be in a Freddy-focused game, but it, initially, seems rather cool.

Obviously, his face is a bit of a - hmm, not surprise, really - just a slight disappointment (for me, more so for others). 

I'm not convinced they totally tried to replicate the remake version, but the design certainly went in that direction (and maybe I'm wrong, considering the survivor seems to be heavily based on the remake - I just try to forget that ever happened). I don't mind if they went for their own take on him, since Englund's likeness surely would have been an enormous cost. I can understand people's frustration with that though. There's only one Freddy, in my opinion, and it definitely was not the remake version. Still, a DBD version makes sense to me. 

Anyway, I've been enjoying watching a bit. Maybe I will pick it up, while it is on sale.