Sign in to follow this  
Vassago

What if, you wrote a friday the 13th movie?

So i was mulling, what would i like to see in a friday the 13th film, how would i make it different, remain true to the films but make it stand apart from the others.

Now i'm sure not many would go for it, but for me. Really trying to grasps Jason's emotional state and motivation for his killings is where i would delve. I'm sorry sean.s but jason like the shark from jaws i get, but it isn't enough. Even the shark has a motivation, he is hungry. So what is jason's gig.

Well i would do a core movie with most the same established rules of genre in place. Jason is still living in the wilderness and along comes some teens. He could let these guys and gals be, they'll be gone in a few days but he won't. Why?

To figure it all out we have to go back to the beginning. His relationship with his mom. Really pick that scab off and let it bleed. 

I would have scenes of recollection and memory. What was christmas like? Did she read to him? Deep stuff. The film i'd like to see is jason the brute in one moment and a jason that has you feeling truly sympathetic to him.

I imagine scenes with him in his shack he has broke his shrine in anger because he truly understands she is dead and that is the end but he cant get over it. Imagine a jason looking somewhat beaten clutching his mothers head, audible gruntish sounds that are clearly a man in pain.

Oh but here they are the teens...he looks at his mother, the hate burns in his one good eye and he sets off. I would try to iterate that each kill is not vengeance for mom but a reliving of her demise a chance for him to change history. I would try to convey that if he inherited anything it was her overwhelming protectiveness and in each kill that is what he thinks he is doing, Protecting his mother. 

He can't ignore the tresspassors. They will hurt his mom again. It's all they are there for (in his mind) he is not being territorial he protecting his only family. Alive or dead, but in order to see and understand that. We have to see him at his weakest.

Oh but the kills they would be hate filled and brutal!...

• Like 2

Interesting take, and something different which is always good.

When it comes to horror films though I'm not a fan of completely demystifying the villain. When you start to reveal their motivation and what drove them to do what they do you build sympathy for them and they're no longer that scary (Rob Zombie's Halloween remake - first half it was all about 'poor' Michael suffering his white trash family; so were we meant to still boo him when he was a grown adult stalking the folks of Haddonfield? Who were we meant to cheer for there?)

I think you can imply all the motivation you need from the earlier Friday films; he was left alone in the woods to grow up, and coupled with some mental health / mother issues he has a pathological fear / violence against any teens entering his 'patch'.

If I was to script something I'd make it a direct sequel to Part 4 ... the first four films were plausible in terms of two realistic serial killers going on a rampage.  I'd set in in 2000, Jason would be early 50s or thereabouts, still young enough to be dangerous. It would have more realism around the investigations in to the murders, why they haven't been publicised, why the town covered them up (so that it doesn't affect tourism), before Jason starts taking lives again as the film moves on.  Decent acting and a tight plot, saving the gore for the latter half of the film.

• Like 1

I would make a movie that's a sequel to Jason Lives and New Blood that ties those two movies together. It's twenty years later, and Tommy and Tina are married to each other under fake aliases, not knowing of one or the other's pasts. Tommy is the town sheriff, and after some of his deputies are killed at Camp Crystal Lake, Tommy reveals his true identity and vows to burn Crystal Lake to the ground. This Friday would have the highest kill count and would feature the toughest Jason. I've actually wrote bits and pieces of the script including the ending, and so far, Jason has killed about 25 people. My goal is to make it the Logan of Jason films. It's meant to be one last epic send off that ties up the loose ends of the franchise and brings an actual, concise ending to the Paramount films, which were pretty much ignored once New Line got the rights and did Jason Goes to Hell 

• Like 2

I’d make a straight up rip off of the second film but with the key difference is to set it during the winter. And instead of the usual rain storm in every movie there’s a blizzard. Friday the 13ths don’t just occur during the summer months. 

Given that Jason's father was supposed to appear in Part 6, I wouldn't mind to write a story to include him to help Tommy and Tina out after their experiences. Jason comes back after a long rest after Part VII and causes havoc. I'd go with the version they went with in the ending instead of the abusive father cliche. It would demystify Jason in a way as Elias would've used magic. It just stinks we never go to see him in the film except being mentioned in the future films. I always figured the Voorhees family used a lot of supernatural forces and that Elias was probably born around 1924-1928.

my story

Jason Kills the counselors that were directly involved with his death, not some poor bastards in the wrong place wrong time, and finally be at peace, the end.

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:13 AM, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’d make a straight up rip off of the second film but with the key difference is to set it during the winter. And instead of the usual rain storm in every movie there’s a blizzard. Friday the 13ths don’t just occur during the summer months. 

Really like this idea ... Friday the 13th meets The Thing ... that would be very creepy!

• Like 3

I would have Jason fight a guy/girl that can see up to 30 seconds in the future with precognition. The lead character would get killed hundreds of times over while fighting Jason until they defeat him.

That's in the original continuity. If I made my own continuity I would blur the line between realistic and supernatural like with Michael Myers. Not absurd like with sombie Jason but not quite as grounded as with human Jason.

On 10/17/2017 at 4:50 PM, deathbat96777 said:

I would make a movie that's a sequel to Jason Lives and New Blood that ties those two movies together. It's twenty years later, and Tommy and Tina are married to each other under fake aliases, not knowing of one or the other's pasts.

Tommy is a good 10 or so years older than Tina, at least. Not an impossible coupling but uncommon. Remember that Jason was in the lake when Tina killed her father, then ten years passed.

• Like 1

I always thought of a movie where all of the survivors of the original films would come together and fight Jason one last time.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:16 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

Interesting take, and something different which is always good.

When it comes to horror films though I'm not a fan of completely demystifying the villain. When you start to reveal their motivation and what drove them to do what they do you build sympathy for them and they're no longer that scary (Rob Zombie's Halloween remake - first half it was all about 'poor' Michael suffering his white trash family; so were we meant to still boo him when he was a grown adult stalking the folks of Haddonfield? Who were we meant to cheer for there?)

I think you can imply all the motivation you need from the earlier Friday films; he was left alone in the woods to grow up, and coupled with some mental health / mother issues he has a pathological fear / violence against any teens entering his 'patch'.

If I was to script something I'd make it a direct sequel to Part 4 ... the first four films were plausible in terms of two realistic serial killers going on a rampage.  I'd set in in 2000, Jason would be early 50s or thereabouts, still young enough to be dangerous. It would have more realism around the investigations in to the murders, why they haven't been publicised, why the town covered them up (so that it doesn't affect tourism), before Jason starts taking lives again as the film moves on.  Decent acting and a tight plot, saving the gore for the latter half of the film.

I don't really mind him being some what demystyified in fact after ten films i think it gets somewhere near nessecary and yes when it comes to sympathy for him well i'd rather have these images of him in pain because of his mother than this idea he was bullied i mean honestly. It's not so much about that sympathy but the understanding of his character.

It's hard to take the character and give him fresh and original ideas that work and don't lobotomise him "jason goes to hell" oh my god nooo... now part 5 a break of sorts i can live with that.

I do like jason in the snow idea. Maybe if friday the 13th ever fell in december could make it a christmas release. 

Plot: A hot  thicc gothic girl visits Jason grave and she was into necrophilia where she gets pregnant by jason only for a few years to pass and Jason son who is ironically "Jason Voorhees Jr" meets his father in a face to face match up and then its his son who takes his place as the Camp Slasher.

Don't take is too seriously.

what about a sequel to part five where it just starts an anthology series of films set on Friday the 13th? I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I actually like Friday films where it's not Jason all the time. Maybe it could be a movie about Jason's dad

Hmmm, if I were to pen up the next sequel to the F13 franchise, which would I guess ironically be the 13th film in the series, I would want it to be a definitive sequel. The biggest brick wall to overcome in writing a legitimate F13 sequel at this stage in the game with 12 films in the books though is which of those films to adhere to and which ones to slightly ignore IMO.  I say this because I would without a doubt want to bring back several of the survivors from previous films, but the problem is there are (I think) 19 total throughout the entire series and that is obviously way too many to all bring back and wouldn't make much sense considering timeline continuity and the overall convoluted nature of the series.  In that sense, I would mostly, but not entirely, ignore the event of the series after Final Chapter.  I don't necessarily have a conclusive, fully explainable, coherent plot-hole free story for what I would write as a sequel, but I do have a few plot points I would connect, tie up, explain, and explore as well as characters I would bring back.

As far as characters I would bring back, it would be the survivors of the original 1984 'Crystal Lake Massacre' being Tommy and Trish Jarvis, Chris Higgins, and Ginny Fields with the possibility of bringing back Megan Garris too due to her direct involvement with Tommy in Part 6.  That may seem a bit unfair since Pam and Reggie from Part 5 also had direct involvement to Tommy, but since that wasn't the real Jason, I don't think it would make that much sense for them to come back and fight the real one, so at most I would have Tommy reference that situation during a scene or something.  As far as other sequels I would make mentioning to, it would basically only be Parts 7 and 8, with *maybe* having a cameo of Tina, Nick, Rennie, and Sean, but I would mostly play it off as authorities not believing those survivors in the aftermath of those massacres due to everyone believing Jason to be dead after Part 4; however, since no direct evidence was found to implicate any of those survivors and no body of a perpetrator was ever found, no charges were filed.  I would mostly ignore the entirety of JGTH, X, FvJ, and the remake due to their convoluted nature.  When it comes to the remake, I personally happen to find it somewhat decent, however it for the most part stands on its own when considering the entire anthology of the series.  And when it comes to JGTH, FvJ, and X, they almost act as it's own, while very loose, stand-alone 'New Line' trilogy IMO.  I *would* however absolutely loop the Crystal Lake Research Facility from Jason X into the main plot though... so on that note, let me get into the unexplored plot points from the franchise I would explore!

I would absolutely have the Crystal Lake Research Facility (CLRF) play a key role in the plot in a somewhat similar manner to the government research facility from Stranger Things.  Elias Voorhees would at long last be finally introduced into the narrative and have direct ties to the CLRF in a sort of covert government facility operation.  It would be explained that Mrs. Voorhees, having gotten pregnant by Elias with Jason at a young age, having broken up and resented each other, and being strapped for cash due to the reality of having to raise Jason alone, got involved with their programs ala an MKUltra type situation.  You know, psychedelic drug use, shock therapy, and all that weird supernatural imaginative stuff that could mess with someones psyche and possibly affect the nature of an unborn baby (!!!). Elias would have been revealed to have been responsible for the alleged fake drowning of Jason and covering up the story, as well as hiding Jason, from Mrs Voorhees, thus being the catalyst to what really made her go off the rails.  Not sure how all of that would be explained and why Elias would want to fake Jason's death, but you get the general idea and it could prob be explained upon further thought. 

Going further into the F13 narrative though, I would have Elias tied into the unexplained Chris Higgins attack and overall permeation of the Jason local legend.  Chris, as we know, was attacked 2 years prior to the Jason Voorhees Crystal Lake Massacres (Parts 2-4).  As far as we know, he was basically quiet as a mouse and only a local legend between the time he killed Alice 2 months after Part 1 and when Part 2 picks up at the Packanack training center, but the Chris attack puts that right in the middle of this gap of Jason silence.  So I would have Elias being involved in the cover up of that by somehow also having ties to Chris's parents which is why they never made a mention of it to their daughter Chris.  Basically Jason is a local conspiracy and only those familiar with Elias are sort of in on it.  Kinda like how in the 2009 remake, the locals are very much aware of Jason, but leave it alone and don't mention it to tourists, making them aware, but silent to the carnage, almost as if they were forced to keep their lips sealed to the truth.  Government related NDA's?  Conspiracy? It could all be explained.

But basically, as I would have it play out, there would be a double plot line playing out that would collide for the finale.  It would basically be 1 plot line happening that is exploring and explaining a bunch of the backstory above, with maybe Tommy being the 1 behind it since he's in full belief that Jason isn't really dead and that there is more to the story.  His relationship with Trish would be slightly strained due to her obvious absence in Parts 5 and 6.  The other plot line would be a whole new group of young adults that somehow are directly in relations to one or more of the 4 survivors (Ginny, Chris, Trish, & Tommy) with Jason icing them 1 by 1 in classic F13 style.  Survivors would make a badass entrance during the climax when they figure out the murders are happening again or something of that nature. Maybe Ginny or Chris finally backing Tommy up that Jason is still alive would finally convince Trish.  I would revisit the Part 3 and 4 locations with Chris probably trying to sell Higgins Haven due to the bad memories and tying in the fact that the house actually burnt down in real life into the plot.  With the Final Chapter location, I would most likely have Tommy still living there, and since the party house next door doesn't exist anymore, I would probably have it explained that it was bulldozed due to all the murders that happened in it.

Sorry for the super long, possibly convoluted idea lol.  Would love to know what any of you think of that though to maybe help piece it together or just offer your input :D

On 10/25/2017 at 8:27 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Tommy is a good 10 or so years older than Tina, at least. Not an impossible coupling but uncommon. Remember that Jason was in the lake when Tina killed her father, then ten years passed.

My wife is 14 years younger than me, so, it does happen. To be honest, to this day I have no idea how it happened, but I'm not complaining. And sometimes, I'm really glad she doesn't have telekinesis :D

Months ago, I had thoughts of adapting the game characters to a story. I just really haven't had the time to try to flesh out the characters, and actually write the story. Being an adult can be a pain in the ass sometimes!

Ash from Evil Dead vs Jason.

Necronomicon is used to summon Savini Jason from hell into Ash's timeline.

Kane Hodder as Jason. Bruce Campbell as Ash.

On 14/11/2017 at 2:13 AM, Awclark said:

-Awclark plot explained-

Sorry for the super long, possibly convoluted idea lol.  Would love to know what any of you think of that though to maybe help piece it together or just offer your input :D

I kinda like this plot idea,tough i would like to add a bit of my own toughts on it...

I would imagine that after the events of Part 4,Elias recovered the body and tried to bring back Jason to life,but not in a Part 6 kind of way,more like in a medical way with a medical table and medical instruments,fixing his wounds and using defibrillators to bring him back,tough also keeping him restrained once he do come back to life,so Jason would still be human,not a zombie.

Im not sure what would be the motive behind Elias hiding Jason from Pamela and letting Jason live out in the woods,maybe to keep an eye on him or something for his research on psychology or something,i dunno,and that each time Jason went on to kills peoples (killing Alice,Chris encounter in the woods flashback and the killing spree of Part 2,3 and 4),would be Elias not keeping an eye on him and being busy with other researchs,until he eventually heard what happened. (Saw the news on tv about Part 2 events,went to Crystal Lake looking for him,heard from the cops of Part 3 events and that Jason body was sent to the hospital,but by the time he went there Jason already left wich lead to the events of Part 4,then Elias finally recovered his son's body after his defeat by Tommy.)

I imagine Elias to be the kind of man to not go after the survivors for revenge,he know that what is son did is bad,but he still has pity for him,hence why he brought him back alive,but this time keep him locked somewhere and bring him foods every day.

Years go by,then the original survivors are brought back to Crystal Lake by a psychologist so that they can face their traumas and go on with their lives,but it's also at this point that Jason escape is father's confinement,he start killing a few security guards and doctors,then a few peoples around Crystal Lake,until finally stumbling upon the survivors wich lead into a final confrontation.

The first half would be focused on the original survivors consultation trip with Jason escaping and killings the locals,then at the middle point the survivors notice that something wrong is going on,then for the last half,Jason would appear and start chasing after them,Elias would also eventually show up and explain a bit of history on him,Jason,Pamela and the events surrounding before/during/after Part 2,3 and 4 and also telling them he's terribly sorry about what happened,then Jason show up by surprise and kill his father (tough i presume that Jason doesnt know that Elias is his father),then chase after the survivors again,then they prepare a trap for him,fight him and finally finish him off for good this time.

I would bring Kane Hodder for the role of Jason,he would have a face/head similar to that of Part 4 Jason but with Kane instead of Ted White,tough since years as gone by Jason is much older now (still human,not a zombie) and we can see the scars of the wounds he got from Part 2,3 and 4,he would also be wearing a straitjacket tough it's not restraining him since he managed to break free of it but he's still wearing it,also he would have his hockey mask even tough the mask aged a bit,Elias probably decided to let Jason keep it to calm him down a bit or else he would had been more agressive and difficult to keep restrained.

So what do you think ?

I'd start of with a series recap like at the beginning of part 7, then a simple plot of Jason stalking Crystal Lake DURING camp not BEFORE.

I actually think this is incredibly difficult. While the fannish thing to do is bring back old survivors, or have Tina or Tommy Jarvis involved somehow, in truth, this would just confuse people a lot. Your average viewer has no idea who Tommy Jarvis is, they just remember a hockey mask and an unstoppable killer chopping up teenagers. To rely too much on old film continuity wouldn't work for a popular, new film, I don't think.

The other problem is that the slasher genre is seen as something of a joke these days. It'd be very hard to do a serious, scary slasher movie. But at the same time, you don't want to go FULL parody and do a comedy, that wouldn't work either. So I think you need something of a self-aware atmosphere, without going in to a parody, or even as far as Scream grounds. So I'm just gonna try and make something up. It may be rubbish...

I'd want to focus on a 'hero' character too so that the story has somebody to follow beyond Jason. I notice a lot of pitches here, the main characters are either from old franchises, or just totally generic fodder for Jason. Which is understandable, it's a trope of the slasher movie franchise, but at the same time, I feel like it'd be nice to work on creating an iconic final girl, somebody that your average cinema goer will remember, and not just the hardcore fans.

I wrote out the below, and then kinda decided it sucked, but I think I'll share it as my idea anyway.

So I'd set something up like; it's modern day (it's tempting for the atmosphere to set a movie in the 80's, but I think it's best to avoid that). It's set in the same continuity as the original films, but what tends to get called a 'soft reboot'. You don't need much knowledge of the previous films. Camp Crystal Lake is reopening after years. (Yes, I know, a cliche set-up, but hence the slightly self aware atmosphere, and I think it needs to be 'Camp Crystal Lake' to hit the icons). It's been rebuilt, but isn't open yet. A group of teenagers decide to go off to stay in it before it opens, figuring it's the perfect place to spend a weekend while nobody is around. One is our final girl, who should be funny and likeable, practical but largely normal, not an obvious 'badass' so her toughness comes as a surprise later. As cliche as it is, Jason needs to be mentioned as an urban myth so they know who it is that's hunting them. While fooling around in the woods, the ground gives way, and one of them falls in to what was once Jason's shack. It's modern day, so barely anything remains, except various bits of scary paraphernalia and his mother's skull, now rotted to the bone. The person who fell in picks it up before realising what it is, and then throws it down in disgust. We see bubbles break the surface of Crystal Lake. Of course, Jason has woken up.

Jason is severely decomposed now. I'd want him to be the creepiest looking Jason yet, he still has the hockey mask, of course, but he's totally decomposed and monstrous. Totally a zombie and monster. He starts killing the teenagers, of course, until there's one girl left. Jason very nearly kills her, including taking her eye out at one point, but she manages to evade him in the newly built camp, until she notices the weakened ground, like where they fell in to the shack before. She lures Jason there, and the ground collapses, and he falls in to the buried ruins of the old Camp Crystal Lake, an ancient log cabin barely still standing. He leaves behind his machete.

The heroine collapses, bloodied, but alive. That's when she hears noises. Taking the machete, she's obviously spooked, thinking something else is coming for her. It turns out to be the counsellors for the reopened camp, who arrive to find bloodied bodies everywhere, and her covered in blood, clutching the murder weapon.They manage to overpower her, believing her to have killed the other teens, and unsure what to do with her until the police arrive, decide to throw her in the big gaping hole in the ground Jason fell in to. This leads to a really claustrophobic chase through the underground ruins of the old camp, chased by Jason. (Okay, it's not very realistic there'd be much to explore, but there are tunnels/bits where the soil hasn't completely covered it that connects the cabins she can squeeze through, while Jason just barges through them). I kinda envision the Descent meets Friday the 13th. Eventually she manages to stumble out, finding a way out, some distance from the current camp. Now covered in mud, blood and looking almost as much like a zombie as Jason does, she staggers back to the camp for help.

Of course the Counsellors are horrified to see her, and chase her down, while Jason isn't far behind either. This leads to a three-way chase around the camp, counsellors chasing our final girl while Jason chases the counsellors and everything in between. Several of the counsellors are killed by Jason during this. Eventually, the surviving counsellors, our Final Girl, and Jason all meet, the counsellors realise she's been telling the truth, but most are killed escaping.

All that's left is our final girl and one counsellor, who manage to temporarily get away. The counsellor explains that part of the reason Crystal Lake is being re-used as a retreat for kids and teenagers is that cell phones don't get a signal there, so when they went to call the cops, they sent one of them back in to town, and they just need to hold out until then. But our Final Girl, now utterly traumatised, having seen all her friends died, chased, bloodied, wounded, missing an eye, having crawled through a terrifying nightmare and then hunted by her only chance of rescue has had enough. She doesn't think they'll survive if they just keep running away. Jason always kills the teens eventually, she says. So she decides instead to fight back.

Using the tools used to construct the camp, she replaces her bloodied eye with something resembling a patch, she tools up with various power tools, and she decides to take the fight to Jason. The surviving counsellor tries to talk her out of it, but ends up standing with her. He of course gets killed. She fights Jason who generally beats her to within an inch of her life, but then, at the last moment, she finally manages to defeat him, stabbing him in the heart and sending him collapsing in to Crystal Lake.

She limps away just as the cops and the one counsellor who fled arrive. She's tooled up to fight, covered in blood, and surrounded by dead bodies. The cops arrest her immediately. She's dragged away even as she screams to just look in the lake for evidence of Jason Voorhees, where his body had been floating when she 'killed' him. Of course, nothing is there, and she's arrested and taken away as the movie ends.

10 hours ago, Veevleigh said:

I actually think this is incredibly difficult. While the fannish thing to do is bring back old survivors, or have Tina or Tommy Jarvis involved somehow, in truth, this would just confuse people a lot. Your average viewer has no idea who Tommy Jarvis is, they just remember a hockey mask and an unstoppable killer chopping up teenagers. To rely too much on old film continuity wouldn't work for a popular, new film, I don't think.

Cult of Chucky would like to have a word with you...

They brought back Alex Vincent as Andy Barkley and Christine Elise as Kyle (from the 2nd movie),so i dont see what would be stopping peoples from bringing back the cast of the older F13 movies.

Who cares if the average viewers might not have seen the older movies,they will still watch it anyway,and if you think it's not enough,well let's just add a 'previously' intro at the beginning of the movie just like what they did with Part 2,3,4,6 and 7,that will help them a bit and maybe even make them curious in watching the older films.

3 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Cult of Chucky would like to have a word with you...

They brought back Alex Vincent as Andy Barkley and Christine Elise as Kyle (from the 2nd movie),so i dont see what would be stopping peoples from bringing back the cast of the older F13 movies.

Who cares if the average viewers might not have seen the older movies,they will still watch it anyway,and if you think it's not enough,well let's just add a 'previously' intro at the beginning of the movie just like what they did with Part 2,3,4,6 and 7,that will help them a bit and maybe even make them curious in watching the older films.

Cult of Chucky was straight to DVD though, wasn't it? And not exactly a smash hit popularity wise. (Also, I will admit I haven't seen it). I mean, horror is usually a niche genre anyway so I get it's not often smash hits, but I think if you want to return the franchise to its hey-day popularity, you need to aim at the general audiences.

But hey, it's just my opinion and speculation. Maybe I'm wrong. It's just how I'd do it.

On 28/10/2017 at 11:20 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Plot: A hot  thicc gothic girl visits Jason grave and she was into necrophilia where she gets pregnant by jason only for a few years to pass and Jason son who is ironically "Jason Voorhees Jr" meets his father in a face to face match up and then its his son who takes his place as the Camp Slasher.

Don't take is too seriously.

Did goth girl happen to catch an zombie std... i think this is how zombies are made. Lol

@Veevleigh an interesting idea. A few cliches of course but a good idea. I love the blame game element and the twist end. Being tried for multiple or mass murder. She would have done no worse than to let him kill her. That said you have a heroine who much like tommy with the trauma and no life left to speak off has every reason to return. Assuming she can get out of lock up.

On 02/12/2017 at 1:02 PM, Vassago said:

@Veevleigh an interesting idea. A few cliches of course but a good idea. I love the blame game element and the twist end. Being tried for multiple or mass murder. She would have done no worse than to let him kill her. That said you have a heroine who much like tommy with the trauma and no life left to speak off has every reason to return. Assuming she can get out of lock up.

Thanks! Yeah, it's a little bit cliched (it's almost pretty much 'Evil Dead 2 but for Friday the 13th' in plot line) but I think it'd be fun. And yeah, my effort was to set up a new protagonist who could return. I'd envision a sequel featuring her returning almost Sarah Connor-like in Terminator 2, locked up in a mental asylum but always preparing herself for the day Jason comes back...

I have thought up an entire series on this. These are basically how I think the originals should have been done, he ce why Alice is a recurring character. Friday the 13th always lacked a Laury Strode character, and Tommy came in too late t really count in my book. Also, the first part is set in 1979, just like the original.

Part I: this is a remake of the first film, and is basically the same, save for one major difference. A new character, Pat, is the camps cook. She is older, and used to work at the camp when Jason and his mother were there. Though Ralph appears, it is Pat that provides most of the backstory. She had left the camp shortly after Jason drowned, and always suspected Pamela of the murders that took place a few months later (five people died) She and Mrs. Voorhes were close friends up until Jason died, which led Pamela to go a little crazy.

There is a scene where she is looking out of her cabin window, and spots a very masculine figure in the dark. She is visibly concerned and locks her cabin.

At some point, she drives off, telling the remaining counselors (Alice, Bill, ect dont know there are killings, they just know people are missing and blow it off) that she is going into town to get help with the phone lines, which are nonfunctional. The remaining counselors are picked off one by one as the day progresses, until only Alice remains and finds all the bodies. Pat returns shortly thereafter, and they both rush insode amd barricade themselves in as Alice explains what has happened. Pat begins rambling paranoid madness as she slowly reveals that she was actually Jason's mom. The fight ensues, and she is decapitated. Alice relaxes in a canoe, but instead of actuallu going out into the lake, she is pulled down into it by a much older Jason.

(I am just going to say that I think a good casting choice for Pat/Pamela would be Amy Steel. She played Ginny in part 2 and her age is still well in the range of believability.)

Part II:

After three years, Alice is now the head counselor of Packanack. The events of the first film have gar ered her respect among the other counselors, who are prettry much identical to the originals, but better executed and scripted. Ginny also makes a return. Things go very simple from here. Jason, with a bag on his head, is killing everyone. Though he does use the pickaxe, he kills with the environment very frequently. He runs quickly, and is very human in ability, though he is still very, very strong. Alice and Ginny team up against Jason (Alice is the one to determine that it is Jason because of her memoey of the end of the last movie) They eventually find Jason's shack, and Ginny dons the sweater after tossing Pamela's head down a convient hole in the floor. Jaspn enters and falls for her charade and narrowly avoids Alice's machete attack, with the weapon lodged in his shoulder instead of his baghead. He rushes Gonny undeterred, but steps near the hole with so much force that the floor near him collapses, and he falls through into a basement. Alice and Gonny run off together into the night.

Part III

Alice and Ginny arrive at Higgins Haven as the power is taken out by Jason. They hastily explain the situation to the group, whoch includes the same characters as the original Part III. There is strife within the group, as Paul beloeves that Ginny and Alice are the true killers, as he always believed Alice to have framed Mrs. Voorhes, as Brenda was his sister. This eventually doesnt matter, as Jason sets traps about the houses exterior. They cannot drive away because a couple bikers sabatoged their cars earlier. The subplots are very similar, though more developed and issued in a new way (as Jason is stalking outside for the entire movie) but Chris' subplot abput being attacked by Jason is scrapped because it always seemed kinda stupid.

A few manage to sneak out  to try and repair the cars,  but they are slaughtered. Jason eventually storms the house killing most of the remaining characters either directly or as they run into his traps. When cornered, Ginny tries to play Mommy again, but Jason sees through it and rams the pickaxe into her chest, the  yanks it out so hard that the pickaxe head breaks off. Alice and Chris had managed to repair one of the cars while tnis was happening, but Jason was able to interveme amd drive them back into the house. After another short fight, Chris is thrown out a window as Alice runs back to the car. Jason pursues, but Alice avoids him and drives away like a madman. She thought that Chris was dead. Chris, having managed to survive the fall, doesnt realize that Alice had already left, and limps into the barn and up into the loft when she sees Jason coming at her. Once she reaches the top of the ladder, she finds the bodies of the bikers, who Jason had apparently killed sometime during or before the second movie. Shs throws one of the bodies at Jason when he reaches the top, and he attacks it before realizing that it is not Chris. The distraction was long enough that Chris picked up an axe and shoved it into his head. It goes right through the bag, and he falls to the barn floor, apparently dead. Chris climbs down and walks into the night. 

It is now dawn. Chris wandered through the forest all night until she reached a highway just off the entrance to the original Camp Crystal Lake. She is picked up by a highway patrolman, but is unable to respond to his questions due to her basically going into shock and having severe PTSD. Alice is shown to have crashed the car into a tree that is lying in the middle of the road. A concerned woman pulls her out of the car and takes her into her home, the Jarvis Residence.

I will continue with the next parts tomorrow.