DontrelleRoosevelt

XBOX One Version crashing every game (October 2017)

I've submitted videos, contacted Microsoft, and I just cannot figure it out.  I've done cache clears/hard resets, cleared saved data, uninstalled and reinstalled the game (all multiple times), reset my router, modem, and nothing seems to work.

I can recreate the problem by simple breaking down a door with Jason, repairing boat or car/etc, getting killed, or killing a counselor.  All these things make the game crash 100% of the time, and I have ZERO of these types of issues with my other 27 installed XBOX One/XBOX 360 games.

What the Hell gives!?

I haven't been able to play a solid game for a week, as of today.

DR

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

I've submitted videos, contacted Microsoft, and I just cannot figure it out.  I've done cache clears/hard resets, cleared saved data, uninstalled and reinstalled the game (all multiple times), reset my router, modem, and nothing seems to work.

I can recreate the problem by simple breaking down a door with Jason, repairing boat or car/etc, getting killed, or killing a counselor.  All these things make the game crash 100% of the time, and I have ZERO of these types of issues with my other 27 installed XBOX One/XBOX 360 games.

What the Hell gives!?

I haven't been able to play a solid game for a week, as of today.

DR

I've had a few crashes here and there, but not usually during a game... I wonder if anyone else on xbox is having the same issues.

Is the game crashing to the title menu or to the Xbox dashboard?

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Good question. I assumed he meant dashboard. I wouldn't say going back to the menu is crashing. That's usually a connection problem...

2 hours ago, Truth said:

Good question. I assumed he meant dashboard. I wouldn't say going back to the menu is crashing. That's usually a connection problem...

Yeah. It helps to know. Dashboarding is was primarily because of the memory leak. Crashing to the main menu may be a number things depending on what the error message is. To the OP:

1. Xbox dashboard crash or main menu?

2. If main menu, what does the error say?

5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

The dashboard, after it hangs for about 10 seconds.  I found posts with other users (on Reddit) having similar issues, over the past several months since release.

That would definitely be something @Gertz may want to hear about. 

2 hours ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

The dashboard, after it hangs for about 10 seconds.  I found posts with other users (on Reddit) having similar issues, over the past several months since release.

I have now restored the entire XBOX to factory, reinstalled Friday the 13th, and it still hangs, as soon as I break down a down, jump through a window, etc.  I'm pulling my hair out with no clue what to do.

We just tagged him. He'll see the message when he logs in  I don't know if he'll respond but he will know about it and can look into it on Illfonics' end.

You could also PM him if you like.

• Like 1

Just now, Alkavian said:

We just tagged him. He'll see the message when he logs in  I don't know if he'll respond but he will know about it and can look into it on Illfonics' end.

You could also PM him if you like.

Iffonic and Microsoft have been in contact with me about this; they think that my console may need to be repaired, but why do all my other games, online and offline, work fine with no hitches?

What a goddamn mess this product of Illfonic's is.

I kid you not; I reached 1000 matches with Jason last Thursday, and it hasn't worked since.

If you have a corrupted area on your hard drive that coincides with where the game data is stored, you could have issues. It would not affect other games saved in different parts of the hard drive. Just a possibility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

If you have a corrupted area on your hard drive that coincides with where the game data is stored, you could have issues. It would not affect other games saved in different parts of the hard drive. Just a possibility.

Yeah, I totally understand that.  I've been troubleshooting, building, and repairing PCs for 23 years now, but would the XBOX put the game on the same sectors after each reinstall?

yea its doing the same thing on Ps4 well not every game but its doing it every few other other games that the game just crashes 

I have dashblarding issues still on Xbox when coming is as Jason, but typically that is the only time. With your pc experience I think you know that there is no way restoring factory settings, wiping hard drive and reinstalling a few times it could be in the same sector. I do wonder if others are having any similar issues. I wonder if your console is missing any previous patches and is still infected with memory leaks.

Also, 1000 matches as Jason already is insane. I am only 38% of 500 matches with nearly 17 days of play time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ILFARAON12RF said:

yea its doing the same thing on Ps4 well not every game but its doing it every few other other games that the game just crashes 

Yep, I have crashes on PS4, and my friends on XBOX are starting to have them more frequently now.  This is the most poorly put together product I've ever owned, software-wise.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I have dashblarding issues still on Xbox when coming is as Jason, but typically that is the only time. With your pc experience I think you know that there is no way restoring factory settings, wiping hard drive and reinstalling a few times it could be in the same sector. I do wonder if others are having any similar issues. I wonder if your console is missing any previous patches and is still infected with memory leaks.

Also, 1000 matches as Jason already is insane. I am only 38% of 500 matches with nearly 17 days of play time. 

I have 55 days of playtime in... Friday the 13th was my late Spring and summer lol... I know enough about the game to know something ain't right if it's crashing.  Can anyone else here assert having all achievements on XBOX, and it still works?

2 hours ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

Yeah, I totally understand that.  I've been troubleshooting, building, and repairing PCs for 23 years now, but would the XBOX put the game on the same sectors after each reinstall?

I have no clue.? 

46 minutes ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

Yep, I have crashes on PS4, and my friends on XBOX are starting to have them more frequently now.  This is the most poorly put together product I've ever owned, software-wise.

i'm still having fun with the game don't think i'm getting mad or anything like that but i do understand some of us can't spend hours on end playing a game we enjoy sometimes i have to wait a few to find a game or sometimes i get disconnected but they're working on hard on making fixes to the game but i do understand the frustration of trying to play a quick game before work and not being able to due to game crashes and host drops :/ 

45 minutes ago, ILFARAON12RF said:

i'm still having fun with the game don't think i'm getting mad or anything like that but i do understand some of us can't spend hours on end playing a game we enjoy sometimes i have to wait a few to find a game or sometimes i get disconnected but they're working on hard on making fixes to the game but i do understand the frustration of trying to play a quick game before work and not being able to due to game crashes and host drops :/ 

I'm talking about it crashing EVERY game on XBOX One.  No one should have to pay for a lemon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

I'm talking about it crashing EVERY game on XBOX One.  No one should have to pay for a lemon.

yeah i heard Xbox got the short end of the stick might be your region had a friend have the same problem telling me that he can't get into a game without it crashing or kicking him out of the game due to connection issues :/ 

20 minutes ago, ILFARAON12RF said:

yeah i heard Xbox got the short end of the stick might be your region had a friend have the same problem telling me that he can't get into a game without it crashing or kicking him out of the game due to connection issues :/ 

It's not a connection issue, but some sort of memory allocation issue, I think.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

It's not a connection issue, but some sort of memory allocation issue, I think.  

like that one time i downloaded Bloodborne and it said it installed then i left to work and came home to find out it never downloaded :( 

@Gertz 

I was told to tag/contact you.  I'm not sure how on a forum to do these things, but I'm wondering why I'm having these issues suddenly on XBOX One?

I have my router even configured for the correct port forwards for XBOX One.  This is the only game where I crash during matches.

I don't know if you still have that problem, but i do too and for all the same reasons. I honestly dont know what to do