Ok so I know there's other threads about shift grab however my question is do people have better luck Shift grabbing using a particular Jason? I hit level 31 a couple days ago and finally got to use Part 9 Jason (yeah I know, low level, but I'm not able to play often). Anyways I used him tonight and got a bunch of Shift Grabs. Maybe it was all the adrenaline pumping through my veins cause I got the last Jason or maybe I'm getting better? Anyways, do you guys have a particular Jason that you find shift grabbing easier than the others?

Shift grabbing is all about practice. I find the Pt. 8 Jason to be my most effective killer, with Pt. 9 a close 2nd. It also has A LOT to do with how bad/good the connection of the lobby is.

Just now, Tinpusher77 said:

Shift grabbing is all about practice. I find the Pt. 8 Jason to be my most effective killer, with Pt. 9 a close 2nd. It also has A LOT to do with how bad/good the connection of the lobby is.

I've tried Part 8 a bunch of times and I can't say I see what the hype is about him. I usually only get about 4 kills with him. And I agree, lobby connection is a huge factor in shift grabbing.

Jason doesn't jump scare me near as much as the body's he leaves around. I think there is a learning curve to the three different shift speeds. With the j7 and j2 being the hardest.

It depends I've been very into running jason's lately and do damn good with them I do good with most of the jason's actually but I had gone back to part 8 which was my favorite and id really do well with him but this time I completely flopped bad. I'd miss every shift I'd do I felt awkward I was getting schooled with the in and out of window counselors it was a complete mess. It was embarrassing actually since I'm use to doing so well as Jason. Idk i honestly though prefer the runners can't wait for part 4 to me that's what Jason was ment to be like a humanish mutant that had slacks a button up shirt and a hockey mask no thrills about it just a crazy madman that is chaotic and nonstop brute

I've mainly played Savini and part 2. I have a much easier time shift grabbing with part 2. Savini's shift is so fast it makes it difficult for me to control. The slower speed of part 2 is far more manageable for me. It just requires using morph more often. Which is fine as that is one of his strengths.

I never seem to have a problem with Shifting around with Retro Jason. The lobby's connection plays a BIG part whether you land them or not.