Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What if you start the match with NO flashlight and you must find one in the course of the match in the same manner that you need to find walkie talkies and maps? It would put even more emphasis on looting to control your fear once you find one. They would be one of the most common items, of course. It kind of makes sense because the counselors weren't expecting to be rummaging around in the dark on that particular night...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would make it extremely annoying if Jason cuts the power early match and then everyone has to rummage through cabins in the dark for a flashlight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Would make it extremely annoying if Jason cuts the power early match and then everyone has to rummage through cabins in the dark for a flashlight.

You can still see well enough to search through drawers. Let's say they can also spawn on tables and other exposed areas just like weapons so they'd be the easiest find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense to me I’m sure not everyone carries a flashlight to camp so y would everyone start with one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would also give Jason a reason to consider prioritizing something other than the objectives right out of the gate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Lecter said:

This would also give Jason a reason to consider prioritizing something other than the objectives right out of the gate.

I like what you're saying, but I don't follow your logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I like what you're saying, but I don't follow your logic.

I think he means that Jason could afford to do something at the start of the match other than trap objectives knowing that counselors would have a slightly harder time finding items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is something that should of been implemented in the first place. But since everyone has flashlights and Gun is making the game 20% darker I don't think they'll go back to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I like what you're saying, but I don't follow your logic.

Right now, knocking out a power box before trapping the objectives only nets me a 1 in 3 (or 4) chance of slowing down the call to Tommy (unless it's the rare map where I can see the radio tower cabin in the intro clip, in which case I know exactly where to go first). So unless there's a power box within fast-walking distance of an objective, I'm not starting there. 

Knowing that fear would build much faster (due to many lacking flashlights early on) by knocking out a generator, as well as the chance to delay/prevent the Tommy call, would probably have me starting with that rather than phone/car...especially with Pt 2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

What if you start the match with NO flashlight and you must find one in the course of the match in the same manner that you need to find walkie talkies and maps? It would put even more emphasis on looting to control your fear once you find one. They would be one of the most common items, of course. It kind of makes sense because the counselors weren't expecting to be rummaging around in the dark on that particular night...

Interesting idea. I think other possibilities may include:

-Some counselors starting with flashlights while others do not depending upon trope.
-A 4th perk slot that can be either the flashlight, or a 4th perk.
-Battery power mechanic that reasonably limits flashlight use (may be dumb since all flashlights will/can last 20 mins or longer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Archgamer said:

This is something that should of been implemented in the first place. But since everyone has flashlights and Gun is making the game 20% darker I don't think they'll go back to this.

They could do a middle ground, like it is almost as bright as normal when the power is on but when the power is cut it becomes 20% darker than normal. Say like the spaces in between cabins, or you could say the "ambient light level" is the new 20% darker level, but light sources from cabins, fires and light posts are up to 20% brighter so you get a good balance of light and dark.

@EspionageCosmo They could add a perk to start with a flashlight like the perks for starting with a radio and map.

Perk: Flashlight

Effect: Start with a flashlight.

Positive: +X% Brighter flashlight.

Negative: -X% Fear Resistance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good idea. Since all maps in the future will become 20% darker, it would add to the immersion that counselors aren't able to see very well other than the cabins, campfires, and light posts/exterior lighting. It would also technically be a buff for counselors with high composure (and vice versa for lower composure counselors), and since the developers announced in the past they are planning on making the camps far from the main cabins more interesting somehow, it would make finding flashlights a "necessity" to reach those camps without tipping off Jason's Sense ability.

I hope the developers respond to this topic. I'd love to know if they'd be willing to consider implementing this idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2017 at 4:58 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

What if you start the match with NO flashlight and you must find one in the course of the match in the same manner that you need to find walkie talkies and maps? It would put even more emphasis on looting to control your fear once you find one. They would be one of the most common items, of course. It kind of makes sense because the counselors weren't expecting to be rummaging around in the dark on that particular night...

No thank you this will be very annoying unless it's you first draw you search to you find a flashlight no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

No thank you this will be very annoying unless it's you first draw you search to you find a flashlight no

LOL. Well to be honest with you if it is a major item, you get a ton of them in the match. I use Psychic to start with a walkie, but I find at least 4 of them in drawers throughout the match (usually the first cabin I pop into will have one). There are plenty of empty drawers in the game, so it wouldn't be too much of an issue methinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

LOL. Well to be honest with you if it is a major item, you get a ton of them in the match. I use Psychic to start with a walkie, but I find at least 4 of them in drawers throughout the match (usually the first cabin I pop into will have one). There are plenty of empty drawers in the game, so it wouldn't be too much of an issue methinks.

Meh it's still gonna be very annoying any you know how you said usually the first cabin you pop into will have one your lucky I usually find one in like 10 minutes when the match starts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Meh it's still gonna be very annoying any you know how you said usually the first cabin you pop into will have one your lucky I usually find one in like 10 minutes when the match starts 

If flashlights were to be found like my idea proposes, it would force counselors to make more decisions. Say you find a part for something, do you try to fix the thing or do you rummage around for a flashlight? Or, Jason is in a cluster of cabins. You could turn and run, but you don't have a flashlight, so it could be easier to find you. Do you hide in a house or turn tail and hope for a flashlight further on?

And while running around in the dark is inconvenient, it's not impossible. You can still find anything you need to find with your light off, it just requires more meticulous searching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If flashlights were to be found like my idea proposes, it would force counselors to make more decisions. Say you find a part for something, do you try to fix the thing or do you rummage around for a flashlight? Or, Jason is in a cluster of cabins. You could turn and run, but you don't have a flashlight, so it could be easier to find you. Do you hide in a house or turn tail and hope for a flashlight further on?

And while running around in the dark is inconvenient, it's not impossible. You can still find anything you need to find with your light off, it just requires more meticulous searching.

You know what I'm all for this idea for people who speed loot in the dark they well look more into things 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, a flashlight should be something you have to find. When you go camping, you don't keep a traditional cylinder flashlight in your pocket jic, you keep it in an accessible spot. If Jason cuts the power and you can't see, well good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...