I was watching a stream today and saw the Counselor Selection Screen. Hmmm... There is something about Adam stats that still doesn't fit for me. I dunno. Maybe he needs +1 on Stamina for when he decides to fight Jason? Maybe he needs +1 on Intelligence to fill his role better as the A. J. strong counterpart? Or maybe he needs -1 on Speed (or Stealth) and this point can go to Strength to be a deadlier threat for Jason?

Edit: His Stealth needs to be reduced by 1 point and this point can go to Stamina, so he can run more from Jason and fight him better.

Edited by NoOneK9503

He's missing a speedo. That's the only real complaint I've seen around here.

I never use him, haven't found him any more useful than other counselors. There's better options.

I was already a fan of him as an all-rounder, despite the dogshit Luck meaning he broke weapons left and right, but the recent update's reversal of how Luck works re: weapon durability has made him an excellent fighter plus having good repair skills.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I never use him, haven't found him any more useful than other counselors. There's better options.

He is supposed to be A. J.'s "strong" counterpart. Both have high composure,  decent repair, well balanced stats and can be played as lone wolves.

My complaint is: Why do I feel like he isn't worthy of this title? Maybe he still needs a change or two.

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

He is supposed to be A. J.'s "strong" counterpart. Both have high composure,  decent repair, well balanced stats and can be played as lone wolves.

My complaint is: Why do I feel like he isn't worthy of this title? Maybe he still needs a change or two.

I mean, she has the stealth, he has the speed to run and battle a bit more while she fixes. I really enjoy lobbies with all AJs and Adams. I feel like they usually have decent success. I want to start learning Adam's play better because I like he CAN fix things, but also has a bit of fight to him. If he were either a little wealthier or had better repair, I would probably main him. Until then, AJ is my main bitch.

Special abilities would help him a great deal.

Or separating the repair stat into electronic and mechanical.

This way Deb and Eric become lackluster at car repair but Adam could be 10/10 mechanical.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

This way Deb and Eric become lackluster at car repair but Adam could be 10/10 mechanical.

Then they'd need to give to every counsellor a special abilities 

I enjoy playing as Adam.  He is my go to for the rare occasion I play a public match.  Would like to see a plus 1 on his repair though.  You'd think he'd be up there with lachappa on repair.  I mean, he seems the type to ride a Harley and know how to fix it when it breaks.  

• Like 1

In terms of team play, Adam's main role is drawing aggro from Jason. Due to have six points in repair as well as eight points in strength, he can flexibly work on objectives as well as rip Jason's mask off if given the opportunity. And with having three points in stealth, it won't take long for Jason to track him down. But with his high composure Adam can avoid being detected if he wishes by crouch walking until he feels it's time to get Jason's attention.

Jason can't ignore him; he poses too high a threat in terms of helping the team escape or killing him, so he'll often track Adam down as one of his highest priorities starting up. But until Jason gets Shift, he can't realistically catch anyone, so Adam can use this time to collect parts as well as stock up on items. Adam's main weakness is his below average stamina: he can't run out in the open for very long before getting tired, so his style of survival is kiting Jason around obstacles. As long as he can maintain his stamina, he can frustrate Jason long enough for other part runners to silently do their work. Finally, if Adam does get caught, he has the second highest overall composure/strength which does give him a chance to break free if Jason doesn't use Choke as well as Head Punch.

Main thing is he's versatile. He can fix things, and if he gets his hands on a machete, he can decide to ambush Jason alongside friends armed with good stun weapons to make it easier to kill Jason later. As a result, it's possible for a female counselor to grab the mask so she can't be detected when she enters the shack, something that is especially useful for Tiffany since counselors freak out upon seeing Pamela's severed head (and therefore become easier to detect when Jason uses his Sense ability). But if nobody wants to make a sweater run, having a female counselor grab the mask will at least force Jason to pay more attention to the shack if he wants to avoid being killed, and with his eyes elsewhere it's easier to work on the objectives.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

This is an excellent idea, though for balance reasons I think you'd classify the car battery as an electrical repair.

Adam's (and maybe AJ's) repair skill would be aimed at gas/propeller, and inherently start the car a bit faster.

Deb/Eric would be good at phone box/electric box/car battery.

• Like 2