Sign in to follow this  
Daneasaur

Double grab with Uber?

So I had a thought, mainly about the aspect of each Jason using their weapons uniquely and having a unique weapon. While Uber had a machete, we have that weapon with Part 7.

What if Uber was "bare handed"? his attack would be a sweeping punch and he'd use a smashing fist to knock down doors since his right arm is mechanized.

It would be shorter range on his normal attack, but the bonus being that his grab animation uses two hands and allows him to grab two counselors, an emphasis on how strong this super Jason is. Pocket knives would still work the same way, but only someone who is holding one would get free, so if he grabs two at the same time, the only one who drops out of his hand is the one who had the knife.

It would encourage counselors to run and less to do the two person buddy system of slapping jason over and over again if he grabbed both of you at once and could kill you both instantly.

It might require a bit much programming work so it probably wouldn't be a thing and Uber would end up with his future machete, possibly holding his "old" machete in his left hand.

Dunno, share your thoughts.MacheteX.png

• Like 2

They need to add Pamela if they add uber, as uber was higher up in the cost range of stretch goals than Pamela was.

That said, double grab would be cool and would discourage stun runs and allow a counselor double slam kill by smashing them together.

• Like 1

I want Uber Jason so bad that at this point I’d settle for him using a giant purple dildo as a weapon.

9 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I want Uber Jason so bad that at this point I’d settle for him using a giant purple dildo as a weapon.

That will never happen because he already had that weapon in part 8. 

• Like 1

The Axe, Pickaxe, and Double-bit axe have the same animations. The FireAxe and Machete have the same animations. They can give Jason X a "future machete" and Uber an "upgraded machete" and it would still fall into the "unique weapon" category.

4 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

They need to add Pamela if they add uber, as uber was higher up in the cost range of stretch goals than Pamela was.

That said, double grab would be cool and would discourage stun runs and allow a counselor double slam kill by smashing them together.

Yeah, a double head smash was something I felt was missing. I'm just liking the visual I'm getting of Jason standing holding two counselors off the ground by their necks, then...

put_their_heads_together.jpg

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The Axe, Pickaxe, and Double-bit axe have the same animations. The FireAxe and Machete have the same animations. They can give Jason X a "future machete" and Uber an "upgraded machete" and it would still fall into the "unique weapon" category.

Yeah, he may have the "future" machete and seeing as how they don't seem to be going to upgrade Part 7, I foresee a lot of X and Uber being used for some machete action.

6 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Yeah, a double head smash was something I felt was missing. I'm just liking the visual I'm getting of Jason standing holding two counselors off the ground by their necks, then...

put_their_heads_together.jpg

Yeah, he may have the "future" machete and seeing as how they don't seem to be going to upgrade Part 7, I foresee a lot of X and Uber being used for some machete action.

He had this saw tooth edged machete 171eb27d08a24634fd4d4bbf4666d5f2--horror

3 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

He had this saw tooth edged machete 171eb27d08a24634fd4d4bbf4666d5f2--horror

Know what I felt was missing with the machete kills that X would be perfect for?

Stab in the gut, lift  the counselor up off the ground and holding them there as their bodyweight just drags them down, splitting them up the middle. Kane personally loves the kills that involve the victim being lifted off the ground.

19 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Know what I felt was missing with the machete kills that X would be perfect for?

Stab in the gut, lift  the counselor up off the ground and holding them there as their bodyweight just drags them down, splitting them up the middle. Kane personally loves the kills that involve the victim being lifted off the ground.

Jason's machete would need to be as sharp as Wolverine's claws to do that. Not even Katanas can do that.

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Jason's machete would need to be as sharp as Wolverine's claws to do that. Not even Katanas can do that.

Yeah! We wouldn’t want to lose the realism of the movies/game... ;)

16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Human body weight on a single sharp edge can result in gruesome outcomes.L27eIB.gif

That said, I foresee a kill looking like this. freddy-ko-jason-winner.gif

3 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Human body weight on a single sharp edge can result in gruesome outcomes.L27eIB.gif

That said, I foresee a kill looking like this. freddy-ko-jason-winner.gif

Notice in the MKX kill Jason is holding the guy down with his left hand. We will get something similar to what you said though. The new kill mocap footage shows Kane knock a guy down, impaling him with the machete into the ground, grabs his feet, and drags the guy through the machete. It's kind of like the MKX kill above but on the ground instead of standing up. Killing someone like Jason chopped Freddy up would be cool too.

7 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Notice in the MKX kill Jason is holding the guy down with his left hand. We will get something similar to what you said though. The new kill mocap footage shows Kane knock a guy down, impaling him with the machete into the ground, grabs his feet, and drags the guy through the machete. It's kind of like the MKX kill above but on the ground instead of standing up. Killing someone like Jason chopped Freddy up would be cool too.

I did notice that Jason is holding the person down, still, I think kill that you mentioned in the mocapping will be excellent.

But there was also this one:

mcfoFbo.gif

Obviously some sort of dual wielding going on here.

While i think the visual of jason doing a twosome would be great. I have to say i don't think it would do wanders for balancing issues at all.

2 hours ago, Vassago said:

While i think the visual of jason doing a twosome would be great. I have to say i don't think it would do wanders for balancing issues at all.

Generally there is a tradeoff when you use a Jason. in this case, it would be that he has near no weapon range. But think of instances where you, say, stop a car and everyone piles out of it, but instead of scattering, they just storm you. At this point you can't do much of anything except flail wildly in vain while hoping to hit someone, but what if you grabbed two of them? It would again encourage the scatter and less "stand and fight" a lot of people go for.

Remember, Jason IS supposed to be OP and you're not supposed to WANT to fight him as attacking him is supposed to be a last gasp effort.

Still, I'm mostly thinking of functionality and yes, maybe a double grab is a bit much.

That said, I still want some exclusive "super strength" kills from Uber.

r8IQBxj.gif

• Like 1

I can imagine him picking up a counsilor in one hand around the throat giving them the look and snapping his fingers shut into a closed fist.