NoOneK9503

Part 8 Jason rework? (+Destruction remains)

Ya know, guys? Everyone talks about Part 7 Jason needing changes (for obvious reasons), but this time I'll talk about Part 8 Jason. Don't get me wrong, I love him and his +Destruction ability, but I think he still needs some adjustments. I'm doing this because though he is a viable Jason to use, he still needs to get his tools explored to his maximum potential and even to adept to a specific playstyle. And some of his stats, like +Stalk doesn't seems to fix together with his other stats.

My ideas are:

Strengths

+Water Speed

+Destruction

+Morph (Replacement of +Stalk)

Weaknesses

-Stalk (Replacement of -Sense)

-Can't Run

-Stun Resistance (Replacement of -Grip Strength)

So, I thought of Stalk as a weakness instead of a strength because in the movie, Jason didn't bothered showing up for most of his victims (like Miles Wolfe for example) and because with Morph as a strength for Jason 8, regular Stalk would become unbalanced as Jason would be morphing all the time and be undetectable by counselors. About +Morph, I thought it would be awesome because lots of times in JTM Jason teleports (again in Miles' death) and it would make better use of his +Destruction ability.

Well, what do you all think?

Edited by NoOneK9503
Replaced a weakness.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow Nah, bad Grip Strength is good for him because by morphing all the time, it would be a bit unfair for counselors to have a normal time breaking free.

But he wouldn't be able to sneak as much, and he'd be stunned for longer and be easier to stun. Grip strength isn't very impactful anyway because all Jasons can instakill. If you don't like that then switch -Sense with -Stun Resistance.

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Grip strength isn't very impactful anyway because all Jasons can instakill.

Not if he is inside a cabin ;)

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah so what? Asphyxiation, head punch.

Remember, the important aspect of -Grip Strength is that you cannot hold up counselors for long. What if you do not have Choke or Head Punch in your arsenal? What if you want to do an environmental kill and get more exp. points? (gotta unlock that +Stun Resist. Jason).

1 minute ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Remember, the important aspect of -Grip Strength is that you cannot hold up counselors for long. What if you do not have Choke or Head Punch in your arsenal? What if you want to do an environmental kill and get more exp. points? (gotta unlock that +Stun Resist. Jason).

If Jason doesn't have a kill that requires a small area equipped that's his own fault.

Furthermore weak grip on a zombie Jason just does not make sense.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If Jason doesn't have a kill that requires a small area equipped that's his own fault.

Furthermore weak grip on a zombie Jason just does not make sense.

I've saw a lot of streams where Jason 8 players tried to hold a little bit counselors with no fear and they broke free.

And a Zombie Jason with bad shift also doesn't.

2 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I've saw a lot of streams where Jason 8 players tried to hold a little bit counselors with no fear and they broke free.

And a Zombie Jason with bad shift also doesn't.

Jason does not "literally," or "in actuality" have the ability to fly through the air while invisible or teleport. He has "the ability to be in multiple places in a short amount of time." If all zombie Jasons had normal shift or better then they'd all play very similarly and that would be boring.

And it's only the fault of the player for not having a kill that can be activated instantly equipped.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I think I know why. People who play this game likes to stream it because it's fun and end up not taking the game as seriously as normal players. And you know why Jason 8 is chosen a lot, don't you? Yes, because of his +Destruction strength. No other reason. And when they grab people with their favourite Jason 8, they continue talking to people in the chat or to the other players in the match, and they forget to kill the counselors immediately and let them break free while distracted in the Mic. -Grip Strength not only makes them play the game more seriously, but also makes them more aware of each Jason's uniqueness (they will see which Jason they can play more "lightly" and do certain things and which Jasons they can't). Jason 8 is a good example of this. They can destroy doors quicker (thus making the match go faster), however they cannot play the game more "casually" by talking to other players and users all the time. So, he is a Jason that once you "grab it, kill it"! Do not try to do environmental kills or be distracted by other things!

6 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

He is fine the way he is.  

J7 legitimately needs the rework or tweaking.  

I didn't say he is bad or hard to play. I just said he needs his stats being explored to a better extent.

Edited by NoOneK9503

I agree that not having morph as a strength never made sense to me. He was all over the place in that film and it suits him as a strength rather than stalk.

My guess is then people would say Part 2 shouldn't have morph and instead stalk as a strength. While that argument could be made too, but you could also just leave Part 2 as is and just have one human Jason with morph as a strength and undead with that strength.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I didn't say he is bad or hard to play. I just said he needs his stats being explored to a better extent.

Never said you said he was bad or hard to play.  I'm saying he is pretty balanced the way he is.  J7 however really isn't.  He's more like Frankenstein than Jason. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Never said you said he was bad or hard to play.  I'm saying he is pretty balanced the way he is.  J7 however really isn't.  He's more like Frankenstein than Jason. 

Tell me, have you ever used Part 8 Jason for his great Stalk? When you played as him, -Sense ever had big impact in your matches?

And I agree about your statement about Jason 7. He definitely needs a rework.

Well, when I do play as Jason, yes I do use stalk on all the jasons with no issue.  However, since that is the last ability you get, it really isn't the most important ability.  I've been saying for quite some time that stalk really should be the first or second ability you get.  But, it isn't.  Look at the movies.  Most of the time, the first several victims don't even know Jason is there (stalk).  He did his killing unexpectedly.  Not the case with the game.  I also think they should do something about the music radius for when Jason is near.  Reducing it would make for a more realistic, scary experience. 

But, back to topic.  J8 is one of the easier ones to use really. I think he is balanced pretty fairly. 

And to me, sense shouldn't be a strength or weakness.  No one ever lets the sense timer run out.  Activate it, see what's around, turn it off.  I'll give you that one. 

51 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

He is fine the way he is.  

J7 legitimately needs the rework or tweaking.  

Part 8 is "acceptable for me. I would only change two of his pros/cons to better reflect the film.

@NoOneK9503 Glad you figured that part out lol. I want the closest balance between film accuracy and gameplay efficacy. I think my changes to part 8 would better match the film and would not make him OP in the slightest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Well, when I do play as Jason, yes I do use stalk on all the jasons with no issue.  However, since that is the last ability you get, it really isn't the most important ability.

Strengths and weaknesses are here so we can make good use of them.

Two good examples are Jason 2 and 9, who have both +Morph and +Traps with -Shift as a weakness and +Shift and +Stun Resistance (+Stalk is also good when you want to start a chase) with -Hit Points as a weakness respectively.

A bad example is Jason 7, who has +Sense and +Grip Strength with -Shift AND -Traps as a weakness. What good is to be able to detect counselors more easily (+Sense has larger range) if you cannot catch them? The same goes to Jason 8, who has +Stalk and +Destruction with -Sense as a weakness. The Stalk/Destruction combination does not make sense (no pun intended) and the -Sense weakness does not matter on his playstyle either.

The only difference between him and Jason 7 is that Jason 8 is way more viable and his weaknesses does little impact on his gameplay. Because of this, no one complain about his useless +Stalk and -Sense.

• Like 1

To me, it always surprises me to this day that the developers didn't give Part 8 Jason Morph+.

While Jason had a tendency to appear out of nowhere throughout his movies, Part 8 is the one where he blatantly teleported all over the place. The two most prominent scenes was when he hunted down Eva, and when he followed Rennie as well as Sean in the subway which had already been taking off.

Part 8 is where Jason's Morph was born. You can try to say he appeared all over the place in other movies, but Part 8 was clearly the birthplace of his Morph ability.

• Like 2

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I was thinking about your idea and I think your suggestion would be better. -Stun Resistance could be a replacement for -Grip Strength. Why? Because there is a kill in JTM where he uses his two hands to choke Eva to death. In gameplay point of view, I think -Stun Resist. would give counselors more time to escape before he morphs again (I still think another Jason besides Savini needs a -Grip Strength weakness).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I was thinking about your idea and I think your suggestion would be better. -Stun Resistance could be a replacement for -Grip Strength. Why? Because there is a kill in JTM where he uses his two hands to choke Eva to death. In gameplay point of view, I think -Stun Resist. would give counselors more time to escape before he morphs again (I still think another Jason besides Savini needs a -Grip Strength weakness).

I think the "human" Jasons should have weak grip strength, except MAYBE Part 3. They could put it on Part 2 and that would fit. I also think Part 4 would be good to put that on.