scan0030xwsxdqw.jpg

@GunMedia_Ben @Gertz

I was just thinking. The bodies pretty much lay around and act is fear landmines in-game. They cause the counselors to have a little jump and Fear spike, but that's about it right now. It might be pretty neat if after say ~3 minutes a body will get "moved" and strung up at a traverse-able window or in a doorway on the first floor of a nearby cabin. This could represent Jason "relocating" the counselor's corpse. Make it so the body blocks the window or door, but can be ripped down by a counselor using a simple QTE (based on Composure NOT Repair). Doing so would spike the counselor's Fear and clear the body. Make it so Jason can just approach a body in a doorway and tear it down with a button press (like breaking a window or generator).

You'd have to have a few rules governing the mechanic.

1. Bodies will relocate only if no player is in line of sight to the body or the location it will randomize to. If this cannot happen, the body will not relocate and remain where it was originally.

2. Bodies will only appear on the first floor of structures. No need to have people complain how a body got nailed outside the 2nd story window at Higgin's Haven main house.

3. Bodies missing arms won't relocate. Need something to tack it up with.

4. Bodies killed outside will appear nailed up outside of cabins. External window and doorways only. Keep it randomized but bodies will not show up over shuttered windows.

5. Bodies killed inside will appear over windows and doors. The doors can be internal to the cabin or over exit doors.

6. Moved bodies will show up as a green marker on Jason's map. That way the Jason player is aware of new obstacles he has ostensibly set-up.

Essentially, the bodies would become delay hazards for counselors that cause increased Fear accumulation in their radius (think radiating Fear landmine). They can be torn down but they also act it inhibit counselor's movement. Counselor's failing checks on the QTE won't notify Jason, but their Fear will spike drastically with each failure. It is a bit disconcerting tearing your buddy off of a door frame or window frame.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I like this idea, but instead of the bodies randomly relocated, I think Jason should just be able to pick up dead bodies and put them wherever.

It would also be cool and helpful if Jason could put a dead body in a car so that a counselor would have to pull it out. Or is that too much?

5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

scan0030xwsxdqw.jpg

@GunMedia_Ben @Gertz

I was just thinking. The bodies pretty much lay around and act is fear landmines in-game. They cause the counselors to have a little jump and Fear spike, but that's about it right now. It might be pretty neat if after say ~3 minutes a body will get "moved" and strung up at a traverse-able window or in a doorway on the first floor of a nearby cabin. This could represent Jason "relocating" the counselor's corpse. Make it so the body blocks the window or door, but can be ripped down by a counselor using a simple QTE (based on Composure NOT Repair). Doing so would spike the counselor's Fear and clear the body. Make it so Jason can just approach a body in a doorway and tear it down with a button press (like breaking a window or generator).

You'd have to have a few rules governing the mechanic.

1. Bodies will relocate only if no player is in line of sight to the body or the location it will randomize to. If this cannot happen, the body will not relocate and remain where it was originally.

2. Bodies will only appear on the first floor of structures. No need to have people complain how a body got nailed outside the 2nd story window at Higgin's Haven main house.

3. Bodies missing arms won't relocate. Need something to tack it up with.

4. Bodies killed outside will appear nailed up outside of cabins. External window and doorways only. Keep it randomized but bodies will not show up over shuttered windows.

5. Bodies killed inside will appear over windows and doors. The doors can be internal to the cabin or over exit doors.

6. Moved bodies will show up as a green marker on Jason's map. That way the Jason player is aware of new obstacles he has ostensibly set-up.

Essentially, the bodies would become delay hazards for counselors that cause increased Fear accumulation in their radius (think radiating Fear landmine). They can be torn down but they also act it inhibit counselor's movement. Counselor's failing checks on the QTE won't notify Jason, but their Fear will spike drastically with each failure. It is a bit disconcerting tearing your buddy off of a door frame or window frame.

Thoughts?

The idea is good but that would make composure to op so they should make it something that isn't used to much like strength or speed maybe even luck

@wes Already replied to a topic speaking of this. I don't remember what he said but I think it's because of the lack of ideas of what Jason could do with dead bodies.

On 10/1/2017 at 5:54 AM, PrestonDelRey said:

I like this idea, but instead of the bodies randomly relocated, I think Jason should just be able to pick up dead bodies and put them wherever.

It would also be cool and helpful if Jason could put a dead body in a car so that a counselor would have to pull it out. Or is that too much?

Part of the idea is for him not to have to. It is also to ensure that Jason does not gain a boon without there being a trade-off. The boon is that doors and windows can be blocked and Jason knows where the blockades are. The downside is that the Jason player doesn't choose when and where (so it can't be abused) and so it doesn't waste the Jason player's time setting up blockades when they need to be hunting.

EDIT: It also doesn't break immersion for the counselors because they won't see the bodies disappear and re-spawn strung up at their random blockade location.

4 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Part of the idea is for him not to have to. It is also to ensure that Jason does not gain a boon without there being a trade-off. The boon is that doors and windows can be blocked and Jason knows where the blockades are. The downside is that the Jason player doesn't choose when and where (so it can't be abused) and so it doesn't waste the Jason player's time setting up blockades when they need to be hunting.

Oh, yeah that sounds better. Also the time it took for Jason to place bodies, other players would have more time to escape. So it's probably best it's just random.

5 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

The idea is good but that would make composure to op so they should make it something that isn't used to much like strength or speed maybe even luck

The bodies already cause a fear spike. One that is tiny and mostly harmless. Playing into the core Fear mechanic and actually making Composure do a little more than reduce stumbles, crying out, and the accumulation/reduction of Fear may not be a bad idea. Low Composure characters like Chad may be baseball stars because of Luck making weapons last so much longer (when not bugged of course:rolleyes:) but they'd be less effective at getting down body blockades. Jenny on the other hand (the final girl) would not have much issue.

You could do it based on Strength, but thematically, Composure makes more sense IMO.:)

An interesting idea, but if the bodies were removed from where they were killed it would make re-finding things like the car keys more of a bear than it is now.

1 hour ago, pitchfork said:

An interesting idea, but if the bodies were removed from where they were killed it would make re-finding things like the car keys more of a bear than it is now.

Well the items that drop would remain and not relocate. It would make this a bit tougher to see small items on the ground if someone gets killed in a lonely part of the map. It overall woundn't make much difference because half of the time people kick bodies aside as they traverse the area (or they fly crazily to locations unknown when they die anyway). This mechanic would just police up those corpses and re-purpose them into obstacles that are thematic to the movies.

10 hours ago, Alkavian said:

EDIT: It also doesn't break immersion for the counselors because the won't see the bodies disappear and re-spawn strung up at their random blockade location.

But you break free with composure to

1 hour ago, Moe9999633 said:

But you break free with composure to

Yes. Though breaking free is tied more towards having a combo of Composure AND Strength. That is why Tommy and Adam are best at it.

I dunno. I just think in this example, Composure makes the most sense for the QTE.:D

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Yes. Though breaking free is tied more towards having a combo of Composure AND Strength. That is why Tommy and Adam are best at it.

I dunno. I just think in this example, Composure makes the most sense for the QTE.:D

Hmmm thx I didn't know that

A fantastic idea. I love the idea of making dead bodies a little bit more terrifying (and mechanically interesting) than "ooh, that was spooky. Back to the car."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

A fantastic idea. I love the idea of making dead bodies a little bit more terrifying (and mechanically interesting) than "ooh, that was spooky. Back to the car."

Exactly! If you come up on a body nailed in a doorway that was clear two minutes ago it would be startling (especially if Jason was hot on your heels). It would also require the counselor to decide if it is tactically better to try to tear down the corpse to gain entry or go to a different entrance and risk Jason catching them. Likewise, knowing that their Fear will spike faster while in proximity to a body blockade will make them choose between clearing the blockade and eliminating the Fear mine or leaving it because it could slow Jason down if it is in a doorway.

The Devs could even superficially spice up the blockades to give them visual variation. Maybe a version with a bloody sack over the hanging counselor's head, another version with ropes wrapped through their mouth and around their neck, and maybe another with the entrails dangling out of their belly. You know, Jason'y decor for the modern home.:P

• Like 1

I know they really wanted to have moveable bodies in the game, before both time and money limits (and fiddly implementation) stopped that from going ahead. At least for now.

Maybe this would be a workable alternate.

• Like 1

I don't know how layering a QTE over an interactive portion of the environment might be. Would not want bugging happening between say the open door prompt and the prompt the tear down a blockade.