jreeds26

People cannot join when I am host, help please?

12 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

The goal (for me, anyway) is never to host, is is to play. There are many, MANY times I try to enter QP, only to be placed (repeatedly) in a public room by myself. After several failed efforts of trying to find a populated room, I have tried to stay in the empty room and try to host in order to PLAY. And it never, ever works.   

I don't like to host as I live in the UK and always get paired with American people. Not hating on Americans, they are great and funny people, but it makes connection a little hard.

• Like 1

Lucky you that randoms join you! I could even play with Aborigines but let them join when I got host! 

• Thanks 1

this happened to me in the beginning when I first started playing on the Ps4.. no one would join. Then suddenly one day I got into a lobby and decided to wait this time.. got up, got a drink came back, full lobby. Now it works fine.. shrug.

• Thanks 1

On 12.12.2017 at 2:20 PM, Punisher_2099 said:

this happened to me in the beginning when I first started playing on the Ps4.. no one would join. Then suddenly one day I got into a lobby and decided to wait this time.. got up, got a drink came back, full lobby. Now it works fine.. shrug.

Have u reinstalled the game or anything? Any tips on what u might have done that got rid of the problem?

2 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Never had a problem. Maybe I just have a more stable connection than a lot of folks, but I get chosen to host more often than not. Couldn’t tell you why. 

Dude my connection is good. Like I said I can host and people from my friends list that see my game can join without a problem and play with good pings. Hosting private matches also works fine. It’s just there are no rAndom people ever joining / beeing put in my lobby. That’s the problem the guy who started this thread has as well. Same issue. It’s not like we can’t host or our connection sux. It’s just no people are beeing put into our lobby

6 hours ago, HighlifeTHC said:

Dude my connection is good. Like I said I can host and people from my friends list that see my game can join without a problem and play with good pings. Hosting private matches also works fine. It’s just there are no rAndom people ever joining / beeing put in my lobby. That’s the problem the guy who started this thread has as well. Same issue. It’s not like we can’t host or our connection sux. It’s just no people are beeing put into our lobby

As I said, couldn’t tell you. Clearly something has to be wrong with your connection in some respect, otherwise you wouldn’t be experiencing issues. 

On 12/31/2017 at 6:49 AM, HighlifeTHC said:

Have u reinstalled the game or anything? Any tips on what u might have done that got rid of the problem?

honestly, all I did was power off and back on the Ps4.. because it never gets shut off, its always in power save mode.. and wait.. it started working..

I have found this aswell. sometimes when you are thrown as a host the lobby fills up quickly then sometimes not at all, its as if the game doesn't regonise you are a joinable lobby. if nobody joins within 3 min I usually cancel out and quick search again

The annoying thing is that I always get in a room where the host leaves mid-game, or only stays for a game. It's annoying because when I play I play for a couple of hours so it would be appealing for me to host since I would have the room open for a while. When the game was still new I would host all the time and the room would be open for 4 hours at least. I feel like when you have a host that actually acts like a host it's good for the community. Actually, I think I'm gonna delete and redownload the game and see if that will help. 

On 12/31/2017 at 10:18 AM, HighlifeTHC said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with port forwarding. 

I deleted and redownloaded the game. Within 30 seconds I had 3 people in my room. 

• Like 1

My knowledge of how Hosting a game online works is ZERO. But could they do it in a way where you can CHOOSE to host as a preference? Like with the Jason/Councillor preference choice?

I have been playing more and more offline only because finding a room to play in gets extremely frustrating when hosts quit halfway through a match. I would rather them quit at the beginning then half way through.

I have also had this issue right from launch back on May 26th. Whenever i get into a lobby as a host, nobody ever joins. i have tested many times by waiting 30+ Mins and still nobody joins the lobby. I have verified my connection is solid and there are no drops in speed if i am either on a wireless connection or direct lan connection. I have done restarts of my ps4 as like another person said, i generally leave it in standby mode, this didn't not change the situation. The only thing i haven't tried is deleting the game data from my HDD but i can't see that correcting anything. I have asked the devs about this but never got a response back. So i am not sure what the culprit is as to why so many of us have this issue, all i know is that it is infuriating when i see a new lvl 2 - lvl 9 player hosting and i have been trying to host a qp lobby since may 26th 2017 and can't. It would be nice to get some clarification from the devs on this. @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben @illchuck

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2018 at 4:20 PM, Ricky said:

I deleted and redownloaded the game. Within 30 seconds I had 3 people in my room. 

Hope this works for me! 🤞

On 6.1.2018 at 12:20 AM, Ricky said:

I’ll try that as soon as I get home.i so hope this willsolve the issue

1 minute ago, HighlifeTHC said:

Does it work for you now?

No it doesn't. Whenever I tried to invite my brother it gives him the message "Cannot retrieve game details" my connection is 75 mbps seems like that should be good

33 minutes ago, SeamusArcher2339 said:

No it doesn't. Whenever I tried to invite my brother it gives him the message "Cannot retrieve game details" my connection is 75 mbps seems like that should be good

Funny thing is for me whenever invite people or the join through beeing one of my friends it worksjust fine. Just never ever people join when I get put in a quick playlobby as host

4 minutes ago, HighlifeTHC said:

Funny thing is for me whenever invite people or the join through beeing one of my friends it worksjust fine. Just never ever people join when I get put in a quick playlobby as host

I wish i could figure it out. When I play I wanna play for a couple of hours. I don't want to sit in the home screen half the time. I'll never understand quitting as a counselor in this game. You're meant to die.