Jump to content
jreeds26

People cannot join when I am host, help please?

Recommended Posts

Hello all. New here. I love this game so much, and am currently playing this on PlayStation 4. I am level 33, and have started to really notice that since I started from level 1, I get thrown into empty lobbies all the time, and no one ever joins. I have even waited upwards to an hour, still nothing. Playing on console can be difficult, because if host leaves, it ruins the game for everyone else. For that reason, not being able to host games, is becoming very frustrating and was hoping someone could help me pin point this or point me in a direction to fix this. 

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, please, I am all ears.

Thanks in advance.

V/r

Jordan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is your first post, welcome to the forums!

 

This topic has already been covered a lot in the past, so please use the Search Function before making a post.

 

 

But, it has happened to me most times, it usually will take a hour until someone will show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this happen to anyone else? I have even played with a couple friends, and every time they are host, people join within a few minutes, at most. I am more wondering if I have a setting or something that is blocking from players joining me. Being a third way to level cap seems just a long time to have not one person join you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jreeds26 said:

Hello all. New here. I love this game so much, and am currently playing this on PlayStation 4. I am level 33, and have started to really notice that since I started from level 1, I get thrown into empty lobbies all the time, and no one ever joins. I have even waited upwards to an hour, still nothing. Playing on console can be difficult, because if host leaves, it ruins the game for everyone else. For that reason, not being able to host games, is becoming very frustrating and was hoping someone could help me pin point this or point me in a direction to fix this. 

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, please, I am all ears.

Thanks in advance.

V/r

Jordan

Since you are on PS4 if you can't find a lobby in 1:25 minutes,then cancel and search again.

Because the game tries to find a session for you for 90 seconds and if it fails,it makes you a host.

 

People not being able to join you is the same case for me so idk if it's a bug or what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play on PS4 and I'm level 101 and do not have this issue. After 90 seconds of queue, the game makes you host. It could be that your connection isn't fast enough to handle being host so it just leaves you in a group as the host alone? Try doing a speed test and seeing if your connection is the issue.

A quick solution would be after you queue up, if 90 seconds pass and it makes you host, just drop and requeue until you join a group with someone else as the host. I read recent patch notes that said something about lowering the required "optimal Ping" for group joining so that lobbies fill faster. Maybe this has some how impacted you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 connection test is:

Successful, NAT Type=2, Download=64.0Mbps, Upload=3.5 Mbps.

I will say I also have this game for PC, as of last night, and lets me host just fine.

So PC lets me host, but not PS4.

 

Could this still possibly be a router issue? I have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jreeds26 said:

PS4 connection test is:

Successful, NAT Type=2, Download=64.0Mbps, Upload=3.5 Mbps.

I will say I also have this game for PC, as of last night, and lets me host just fine.

So PC lets me host, but not PS4.

 

Could this still possibly be a router issue? I have no idea.

Happens to me too.. Where are you located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Located in Lincoln, NE.

 

I even just tried a guide on changing your NAT to open for PS4. Hosting on this current game and still nothing. I've read that Type 1 NAT is open and Type 2 is moderate ( more security ). I am wondering if Type 2 is giving some people hosting issues, idk.

 

Using an Arris Surfboard SBG6700-AC modem/router.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

u said ur on ps4? i play on ps4 as well, usually when my "hosting" turns to shit i restart the game.... i dont know shit about game coding but i treat t like a cpu that needs to be "ctrl+alt+delete" then restarted too work again and that usually does the trick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im also on PS4. For the first 2 months i can host game normaly and people joining my sessions instantly. Now, no one joining... I have the same internet and settings as before so I don't know the reasons why it stop throwing people to my room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on this problem? I just stop playing because of those shitty random hosts leaving mid every fuckin game, EVERY!!! This is ridiculous! Why I can't host game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question I have is, is this when hosting a private match and friends can't connect, or is it you are hosting QP and no one can join?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on PS4 and I could confirm this.. Whenever Quick Play creates a lobby where i'm the Host I usually just quit. Everytime I try waiting no players join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing happens with me. Everytime I host a quick play lobby I get no people that join. I waited an hour once to test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here. I'm PS4, and I've NEVER been able to host a game. I just sit alone in the lobby for minutes at a time. No one ever enters. @GunMedia_Ben, any insight?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its definitely your connection.  It works fine for me, and it has nothing to do with being a low level player. Though, I have never had this happen to me before! Either its your connection or you just need to restart your game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same issue you guys are talking about. All my friends can host lobbys just fine even with less internet speed than I have. They will get players join their lobby within seconds usually but if I’m host no random people will ever join. I seen people from my friends list join without a problem tho. Private games where I invite people also seem to work. But I will never get any random person to join my quick play lobby. I also changed my router settings to be more open with my ps4 but no success as of yet. Does anyone know what causes this issue? Or how to solve it? I’ve been playing from day one and same stupid problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Czorny said:

Any news on this problem? I just stop playing because of those shitty random hosts leaving mid every fuckin game, EVERY!!! This is ridiculous! Why I can't host game!

I’m feelin ya dude... same issue on my end. I know how much this sux . I still can’t stop playing tho. Stupid game got me hooked haha

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 12:11 PM, TiffanyCox said:

Its definitely your connection.  It works fine for me, and it has nothing to do with being a low level player. Though, I have never had this happen to me before! Either its your connection or you just need to restart your game.

Can't be it. I always have one of the strongest connections of all players. And it happens to me every time, not just once -- so it's not solved by restarting. 

Curiouser and curiouser . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Can't be it. I always have one of the strongest connections of all players. And it happens to me every time, not just once -- so it's not solved by restarting. 

Curiouser and curiouser . . . 

Oh okay, well the game does have its problems. Good luck figuring it out :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Maybe just don't host...?

I mean, I cant force you or nothing, but maybe a good idea?

The goal (for me, anyway) is never to host, it is to play. There are many, MANY times I try to enter QP, only to be placed (repeatedly) in a public room by myself. After several failed efforts of trying to find a populated room, I have tried to stay in the empty room and try to host in order to PLAY. And it never, ever works.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...