Sign in to follow this  
kitcat

Performance issues, please devs do something!

Hi. So... It's been 9 days since the latest patch. Okay. We still don't have a single word about a problem that affected almost 40% of the PC players. I don't know about other people, but the game is UNPLAYABLE for me. And before someone come here poiting fingers to my hardware: no. No. No. No! The game used to run smoothly af for me before the latest patch. I had no problems with the small maps patch, but with this one... Geez. And I'm not the only one. I think most of the people on this forum play on consoles, but if you take a moment to check steam forums you will see a lot of complaints about FPS/performance/game freezing, lag, etc. We used to play the game with no problems before this damn patch, I think isn't that hard to figure out what we need and what the devs can do right now. We need some hot fix. I mean, NINE DAYS! Some people aren't able to run the game at all. So... Please, pretty please with a cherry on top, fix this! Help us! We want the game that we paid for!

• Like 1

Level 101 here, 366 hours of gameplay so far. Totally agree with you. Since last patch I have been unable to play due to fps drops (to 10-15, sometimes even less) and before spring break patch it was never like that. Sometimes the game just freezes for like 3-4 seconds and I totally lose the momentum. Playing as Jason is impossible right now as well, when I shift it goes like 7 fps, totally frame-by-frame, it has been embarrassing because since I got the game being Jason has always been my spawn choice. Again, it ran perfectly before the spring break patch, and now even if I mess a little with resolution or other video settings it doesn't make any difference. Already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game and steam, searched for any other help I could find but didn't get any improvement. I play Doom 2016 on this same machine with all high settings and get 60 fps easily so obviously it is a problem with the last patch. And now, to conclude it all, I am just getting a Fatal Error every time I try to access the counselor clothes or emotes screen, and it crashes the game. Jeez, I didn't have any of this nightmare happening before the last patch. Please, somebody, do something! I wish to get back playing the game! 

12 hours ago, Sid77 said:

And now, to conclude it all, I am just getting a Fatal Error every time I try to access the counselor clothes or emotes screen, and it crashes the game. 

Yes! Same here! I'm still hoping for the best, for some fix. I'm a huge fan of the Friday 13th franchise and love this game with all of my heart. I just want to be able to play it again :(

We are in fact looking into things and the next update should see some optimization fixes. We have acknowledged in other threads; however a large portion of those affected are utilizing lower-end PCs that do not run the game all that well (integrated graphics cards, low RAM, etc.). We've been forwarded quite a few spec lists from users, so we're working on improvements at this time. 

A lot of this comes down to the memory leak; we had to patch a lot, but also rip out a lot of backend....so we're working to stabilize a bit more for performance without allowing the memory leak to return. 

Thank you, Ben! I'll wait, hoping for the best. 

I've only had the chance to try the new update for Steam now, and I must say you guys did a pretty beautiful and efficient job there @GunMedia_Ben and all the other people involved! The game is running smooth as never before, please don't change that ever! :) Now my GPU is being fully requested at all times, what stopped happening since the last 2 updates. And that means stable FPS! I'm able to shift behind people without any hiccups, stutters, or freezes again! Please continue to mind people like me who don't have last generation PC's and love YOUR game! Congratulations and cheers to you all! Now back to the hunt! :D

On 12/10/2017 at 6:23 PM, Sid77 said:

I've only had the chance to try the new update for Steam now, and I must say you guys did a pretty beautiful and efficient job there @GunMedia_Ben and all the other people involved! The game is running smooth as never before, please don't change that ever! :) Now my GPU is being fully requested at all times, what stopped happening since the last 2 updates. And that means stable FPS! I'm able to shift behind people without any hiccups, stutters, or freezes again! Please continue to mind people like me who don't have last generation PC's and love YOUR game! Congratulations and cheers to you all! Now back to the hunt! :D

Yeah! Best update ever! :D