Sign in to follow this  
antonz

1st 3 Friday The 13th films,is it just me?

The 1st 3 have an erie creepy/scary atmosphere about them no matter how many times you watch the. From part 4 and on,while most are still enjoyable that atmosphere is gone. Thoughts?

Definitely my opinion too.  Not that it's a bad thing but I'm guessing they just wanted to amp up the entertainment each movie to where it became less and less grounded in reality.

I never found Part 3 scary/creepy/eerie. It's a really goofy movie. I like it but never took it seriously- from the disco intro to the made for 3D moments and so on.

• Like 1

I can see where @bewareofbears is coming from on the silly disco soundtrack, Shelly pranks, cheechette and Chong, the biker gang, 3-d, etc. However there was still a very eerie, suspenceful build up to it. I think Part 4 has some elements of it as well. Especially when Ted White breaks through the window and grabs Tommy. Part 1 and 2 hone in on the creepy, suspenseful build ups the most though. Part 3 had parts, for example, Gloria Charles swinging out of the barn, then disappearing or Chong's trip to the basement to name a couple. I think Part 5 on it is pretty much about the kills. Coming up with new methods and almost rooting for Jason in certain films. It's not about being terrified of him, but rather cheering him on to kill everyone as most of the characters are flat.