I think instead of two cars, there should always be a boat and a car on every map. It takes forever to get boat related badges, especially for Jason. Also, it would make boat perks more relevant. I think it makes the game more challenging in a good way too because there aren't double of every part you need when there is a boat. Anyone else agree?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I agree with this 100%. It's been even harder to get the boat-related achievements with the release of the small maps, since the boat never spawns on them at all. I've felt that a good trade-off would be to always have the boat spawn on the original "large" maps.

I just feel the second car is pointless. I hear a lot of people complain too about not being carry 4 just because there is stuff in the backseat. I say, away with the second car on all Maps. 

I propose a compromise. Let the small maps always have 2 cars and the big maps always have a car and a boat. They can make it so the boat needs 3 parts to start just like the car.

• Like 1

Hindsight being what it is. They put a lot of hype into the boat escape pre beta. It wasn't in the beta and then they launch the game and its only a percentage chance of happening?

Seems very shortsighted.

So what if the counselors only way of 'combating' Jason in the water is by dodging him. So what? Let it be the one area where if Jason catches you, its over. No knife, no melee, no firework/gimmick can save you. Its huge risk/reward.

Whats so hard and difficult about it? That's the only reason I can see as to why they made it a random chance, because eventually the playerbase would've moaned and groaned about how it was too difficult to escape if it were permanent.

As it is, people already give up on escapes if half the players have already escaped or died because they no longer have numbers to survive against him out in the open. So it becomes a cat and mouse game for the final 5-10 minutes or so.

Since the last patch, I've seen boat spawns on the big maps both a lot more often and in a lot more favorable locations- I barely ever remember boat spawns on Higgins not being all the way at the main house, now they're at Stillwater or the south of Blair's. The boat spawns at the boathouse on Crystal, you can usually run a three cabin circuit and have it fixed under 2 minutes. Love the boat.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:59 AM, tyrant666 said:

Hindsight being what it is. They put a lot of hype into the boat escape pre beta. It wasn't in the beta and then they launch the game and its only a percentage chance of happening?

Seems very shortsighted.

So what if the counselors only way of 'combating' Jason in the water is by dodging him. So what? Let it be the one area where if Jason catches you, its over. No knife, no melee, no firework/gimmick can save you. Its huge risk/reward.

Whats so hard and difficult about it? That's the only reason I can see as to why they made it a random chance, because eventually the playerbase would've moaned and groaned about how it was too difficult to escape if it were permanent.

As it is, people already give up on escapes if half the players have already escaped or died because they no longer have numbers to survive against him out in the open. So it becomes a cat and mouse game for the final 5-10 minutes or so.

I don't think it's hard at all. I run the boat speed perk, and if I'm in the boat, Jason is usually screwed. People that complain it's too hard usually lack skill. Not everything in life is supposed to be easy, slackers. 

41 minutes ago, Sphen1313 said:

I don't think it's hard at all. I run the boat speed perk, and if I'm in the boat, Jason is usually screwed. People that complain it's too hard usually lack skill. Not everything in life is supposed to be easy, slackers. 

I thought the only Jason's that couldn't catch the boat were the "-water speed" ones? Even with the perk.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:40 AM, Vaderspupil said:

I propose a compromise. Let the small maps always have 2 cars and the big maps always have a car and a boat. They can make it so the boat needs 3 parts to start just like the car.

I think if they did something like that they’d have to give it a start up sound like the car because right now the only needing to parts and silence is the risk reward that if you get stopped in the middle of the water your 100% dead and even a Jason with negative water speed can stop a boat easily as long as he recognizes it is moving at the right time because even a negative water speed Jason goal tending the exit can stop the boat fairly easily if he understand what the idea of angle of pursuit is which is basically the way a slower moving object can intersect a faster object at the right point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UprightChair said:

I think if they did something like that they’d have to give it a start up sound like the car because right now the only needing to parts and silence is the risk reward that if you get stopped in the middle of the water your 100% dead and even a Jason with negative water speed can stop a boat easily as long as he recognizes it is moving at the right time because even a negative water speed Jason goal tending the exit can stop the boat fairly easily if he understand what the idea of angle of pursuit is which is basically the way a slower moving object can intersect a faster object at the right point.

Liking your post solely for the use of the phrase, "angle of pursuit". That's been drilled into my head since I was a small boy.

32 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Liking your post solely for the use of the phrase, "angle of pursuit". That's been drilled into my head since I was a small boy.

Football?

On 10/13/2017 at 1:14 PM, rickyount02 said:

I thought the only Jason's that couldn't catch the boat were the "-water speed" ones? Even with the perk.

I've outran out boated whatever you wanna call it regular water speed Jason's with my perk. 

I will say that the boat spawn needs to increased in the maps. I can play 10 matches and only 1 or 2 of them will have a boat spawn. It’s so difficult to get the boat badges when it rarely spawns. 

My other concern would maybe increase the boat speed a bit? Even -Water Speed Jason’s can catch the boat easily. I’d like to see the speed increased just a tad. However, it’s not a big concern or even something that I think needs to happen. I won’t lose sleep over it if I’m told no haha 

19 minutes ago, Abstract Daddy said:

I will say that the boat spawn needs to increased in the maps. I can play 10 matches and only 1 or 2 of them will have a boat spawn. It’s so difficult to get the boat badges when it rarely spawns. 

My other concern would maybe increase the boat speed a bit? Even -Water Speed Jason’s can catch the boat easily. I’d like to see the speed increased just a tad. However, it’s not a big concern or even something that I think needs to happen. I won’t lose sleep over it if I’m told no haha 

Might want to look at this one a little closer bud.

-Water speed Jason's absolutely can not catch the boat.

In saying that I mean the boat is faster than their speed in the water. Doesn't mean they can't stop an erratic driver or take a good "angle of pursuit". 

8 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Might want to look at this one a little closer bud.

-Water speed Jason's absolutely can not catch the boat.

In saying that I mean the boat is faster than their speed in the water. Doesn't mean they can't stop an erratic driver or take a good "angle of pursuit". 

Maybe I am incorrect. I only said that as back when I started playing in July I was P2 Jason who has -Water Speed and I was able to catch the boat without a problem. Maybe they’ve patched it since. I know the boat was going as fast as it could as I had friends with mics in the boat screaming at me not to kill them haha. 

I haven’t been Jason taking out a boat with -Water Speed nor does the boat spawn often enough now in recent playing for me to comment on how it is currently. 

1 hour ago, Abstract Daddy said:

My other concern would maybe increase the boat speed a bit?

There's a perk for that. Doesn't really help since the boat is so rare, but the perk does exist.

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

There's a perk for that. Doesn't really help since the boat is so rare, but the perk does exist.

I know there’s a boat perk for that but I mean to increase the perkless speed just a tad and leave the perks the same, therefore with the perk it’d be even faster. I just feel that’s a good trade off since most Jason’s can catch the boat like catching a cold. But maybe I’m wrong and it’d be too OP. ?

Just now, Abstract Daddy said:

I know there’s a boat perk for that but I mean to increase the perkless speed just a tad and leave the perks the same, therefore with the perk it’d be even faster. I just feel that’s a good trade off since most Jason’s can catch the boat like catching a cold. But maybe I’m wrong and it’d be too OP. ?

I think the balance here is that Jason doesn't hear when the boat starts. He can only catch you if he knows your taking the boat. If he doesn't just happen to look at his map you're going to make it.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, Sphen1313 said:

I think instead of two cars, there should always be a boat and a car on every map. It takes forever to get boat related badges, especially for Jason. Also, it would make boat perks more relevant. I think it makes the game more challenging in a good way too because there aren't double of every part you need when there is a boat. Anyone else agree?

In agreement.  Boat/water perks do not seem to be in the frequently picked plus also would make Jason a third area to patrol (or second if the car and fuse in same rough location) so he cannot just camp location A if the counselors go after an objective. 

I would add a loud start-up sound from a dormant boat engine coming to life first time. 

wouldn't it be nice if there was a 4th slot for perks, but only for boat / car perks. That way the counselor wouldn't have to waste a precious perk spot for a boat perk that they MAYBE get to use every 20 games. 

• Like 1

Boats should be on large maps every round... we need more boats. 

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Boats should be on large maps every round... we need more boats. 

What about a canoe? No parts needed but much slower.