VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Your October/Halloween Plans

38 posts in this topic

What are you all doing for October & Halloween? I just placed an order for some coveralls and a Part 4 Jason "hood" with no blood on it. I'm working on a Part 5 Roy costume, I already started work on the mask. It's a a cheap one from ebay that I'm converting to be more movie accurate. Won't be perfect but it's affordable. I'm also doing a Jason Goes To Hell mask and will be selling that one to cover some costs.

I MIGHT be working in a haunted house too. My Roy probably won't be ready  by then but I could be Part 6 Michael Myers until Roy is ready.

EDIT: Here are some pictures to show the progress on the two masks I'm working on. Enjoy.

DDWNlEG.jpg

93QdJfH.jpg

0rdVRYH.jpg

IKZ3aAi.jpg

gqCuU3F.jpg

ZNYQnjG.jpg

1 person likes this

Not sure about Halloween, but my birthday just so happens to be on the week of the Friday the 13th physical release. Thanks to company rules I get to take one free day off that is paid anytime in my birthday month.

I've taken Friday the 13th off to play Friday the 13th with a new generation of players. I look forward to this Friday the 13th.

1 person likes this

Well i got south park fractured but whole and gran turismo sport coming out mid of october so i be playing them. I also plan to watch horror movies all month

Well I'm gonna go to a Halloween party but I don't know what I should be can any one help me pick a costume 

Trick or treating with family and handing out candy. :)

9 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

What are you all doing for October & Halloween? I just placed an order for some coveralls and a Part 4 Jason "hood" with no blood on it. I'm working on a Part 5 Roy costume, I already started work on the mask. It's a a cheap one from ebay that I'm converting to be more movie accurate. Won't be perfect but it's affordable. I'm also doing a Jason Goes To Hell mask and will be selling that one to cover some costs.

I MIGHT be working in a haunted house too. My Roy probably won't be ready  by then but I could be Part 6 Michael Myers until Roy is ready.

What kind of mask? One of the cheap chinese ones? They're easy enough to make look good. :)

1 person likes this

On vacation for 15 days starting the 19th. Probably watch a marathon of Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street - I've been alternating between the 3 each year.

1 person likes this

Every year for the past three years, I have taken my sons to one of the local haunted trails that pop up within an hour's drive from our town. 

This year, my daughter is old enough and interested in going. We'll listen to a custom Halloween/Horror themed playlist. We'll eat somewhere unusual on the way. We'll buy whatever deluxe all-access ticket the place has to offer, and we'll have a heck of a night.

We have also decorated the house. Nothing insane, just some cobwebs and lights. This year, we added some new decorations inside.

Because Jason is hot right now with the kids, we bought a handful of dollar store hockey masks and customized them. With a few, the kids went for movie accurate masks. With others we got a little more creative. I saved one to use as a base for some paper mache masks that I'm going to try and get really close to what we see onscreen.

....so...you know...not much...

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Trick or treating with family and handing out candy. :)

What kind of mask? One of the cheap chinese ones? They're easy enough to make look good. :)

Yes the Chinese ones. Just bought some elastic, rivets, and leather to re-do the straps on both. Going this far probably would be more worth it to do on a higher quality mask, but whatever, stuff's bought now. It will be a learning experience for when the good stuff comes.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, pucho said:

Weed , beer and horror movies

Your getting drunk on Halloween go party or something do something with your life and not die because drugs!!

10 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Every year for the past three years, I have taken my sons to one of the local haunted trails that pop up within an hour's drive from our town. 

This year, my daughter is old enough and interested in going. We'll listen to a custom Halloween/Horror themed playlist. We'll eat somewhere unusual on the way. We'll buy whatever deluxe all-access ticket the place has to offer, and we'll have a heck of a night.

We have also decorated the house. Nothing insane, just some cobwebs and lights. This year, we added some new decorations inside.

Because Jason is hot right now with the kids, we bought a handful of dollar store hockey masks and customized them. With a few, the kids went for movie accurate masks. With others we got a little more creative. I saved one to use as a base for some paper mache masks that I'm going to try and get really close to what we see onscreen.

....so...you know...not much...

That's cute, I can't wait until I'm a parent but actually should be scared some people say it's horrible and they call there kids little demons but I don't listen to them

34 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Your getting drunk on Halloween go party or something do something with your life and not die because drugs!!

:lol:

Is only weed and beer with horror movies instead of watching a bunch people acting like idiots, so don't worry about dead and listen cattle decapitation

On 9/30/2017 at 3:36 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yes the Chinese ones. Just bought some elastic, rivets, and leather to re-do the straps on both. Going this far probably would be more worth it to do on a higher quality mask, but whatever, stuff's bought now. It will be a learning experience for when the good stuff comes.

I've been thinking of doing this, but molding the cheap mask and casting a higher quality fiberglass & resin version -

9 minutes ago, hesh said:

I've been thinking of doing this, but molding the cheap mask and casting a higher quality fiberglass & resin version -

Note that the holes on the chinese ones are stretched as if it comes out of the machine as a flat disk and is then stretched over a form while still hot. I recommend filling the holes until it is an entirely smooth surface and then making the mold and cast. Then you can make proper holes.

2 people like this

I'm seriously going to try for a Jenny cosplay, since my fiance always goes as Jason. I've been scoping out some essentials.

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Jen the Strange said:

I'm seriously going to try for a Jenny cosplay, since my fiance always goes as Jason. I've been scoping out some essentials.

Jenny would be pretty easy I might try Tiffany but where would you find booty shorts

1 hour ago, Jen the Strange said:

i thought u left this place. Also i would of thought u would make your fiance dress as chad lol

5 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

Jenny would be pretty easy I might try Tiffany but where would you find booty shorts

Get a pair of second hand "mom jeans" and cut them down.

Edit: @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, would you mind providing a link for you mask source? I'd be interested in getting some low-cost masks for customization.

8 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Edit: @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, would you mind providing a link for you mask source? I'd be interested in getting some low-cost masks for customization.

I'll just go to Chadstone ( which is a real shopping centre) they have a lot of clothing stores there

3 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I bought mine from here:

Cheap Jason Mask

That one will be the fastest to arrive in the united states. It ships from Florida. I always buy those from ebay. You can buy them straight from china too, but it won't arrive by Halloween for sure.

Straight from China

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Davidt said:

i thought u left this place. Also i would of thought u would make your fiance dress as chad lol

It's been since April, yeah. 

My fiance looks nothing like Chad. It wouldn't work, sadly. Would be much scarier as Jason too.

On 03/10/2017 at 3:19 AM, Jen the Strange said:

That would be awesome. Look forward to the inevitable pics :)

1 person likes this

Been watching through the halloween movies again I didn’t realise how strong Michael Myers actually is 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Davidt said:

Been watching through the halloween movies again I didn’t realise how strong Michael Myers actually is 

Dude is a beast. I say he is between human and zombie Jason in strength.