GonzoThe912TH

Friday The 13th (2017) making progress

I would love any type of remake or a new one except a found footage film. After all, the 2009 remake kind of answered the fans who say he didn't drown and stayed alive and how does get every where so fast. I would be happy to see a movie where the part 5 should've been. Tommy took over Jason's persona.

Am I the only one who would not mind a reboot of the first F13 the one where jason is not the killer but his mom is.

I also want to know the where is Jason's dad?

Unless Jason's mom is a lesbian? That must explain it but where is Jason's other mom? Maybe he is an imbread mom and his sister!

• Like 2

They could make a F13 with the dad as the killer and bring us up to speed in the story as far he played a part in it.

Origin stories make me have Rob Zombie PTSD.

Most people hate on Rob for those movies. I happened to like the 1st remake. Yes, the 2nd one did suck.

Origin stories make me have Rob Zombie PTSD.

See, I think an origin story works for Jason, but not for Michael.

Michael is the shape. He is an embodiment of evil, someone who viciously murders just because.

Jason, meanwhile, has always had a motive to his killings. He isn't a metaphysical force of evil, he's an actual character. Unlike Michael, Jason shows emotion, even once he becomes a zombie. I think an origin story for Jason could work out pretty well, though I'm not sure it could be a whole movie.

Am I the only one who would not mind a reboot of the first F13 the one where jason is not the killer but his mom is.l oil maybe Jason's mom is a lesbian

I also want to know the where is Jason's dad?

Unless Jason's mom is a lesbian? That must explain it but where is Jason's other mom? Maybe he is an imbread mom and his sister!

No one cares about Jason's dad.

Yeah, fuck Elias. I don't even consider that name canon.

• Like 1

I was 100 percent excited..until I saw the terms origin story thrown around..that was second on my list of DON'Ts for the new film. First being found footage. Now I'm probably going to skip. I get where people come from with like Halloween telling Michael as a product of an abusive home ruining the idea of Michael. But those first two films in the series are the only one's I've seen. I've always considered both to be a human Michael. Why would a little kid just start massacring his sister and relatives for no reason.

Sometimes in my opinion it helps to give reasoning to something. I don't see Michael Myers as some boogey man unkillable evil. I see him as a sick in the head human being, that needed a reason to KILL.

I bring up Michael because EVERYONE cries and sobs and says Rob Zombie ruined Halloween when I read articles on this, and didn't the Friday franchise learn from the Halloween, AND Nightmare reboots, which both to me added so much more to the character in terms of character motivations and reasoning.

Jason, in all intensive purposes is what people consider Michael Myers to be, Jason to me is that boogey man who is pure Evil. He's already had a reason to kill, his mom died and he watched. YOU don't need to explain as film makers the reasoning to why Jason drowned. We know.

If you ARE going to go down that origin story with Jason, by all means explain how the Zombie Jason came to be more so than just lightning rod to the chest. I want to see that side. I want there to be a  continuation and such from why he's unkillable now.

Mrs.Vorhees wasn't my most favorite killer, nor even my favorite Friday character, she felt needless, but at the same time completely human, and reasonable to a T. We don't need to see her killing again, we don't need to see Jason drown.

Explain the legend, don't tread on old ground. This isn't Halloween, where he resembles a human who just snaps just because, and Freddy who throws a temper tantrum because he can't hurt Kids anymore,those are plot holes. There in my opinion needs to be some kind of grounded realism to these things...and Jason doesn't NEED that. Not anymore.