Archgamer

The two cars in the game.

Seems as good a place as any to post this: Anyone else think the car engine sound needs a bit of work? When in motion it sounds like a radio controlled car/electric car. Not a 1980s exhaust pumping engine. The start up is fine, but just feels a little "light" in motion. 

20 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

They should've had Chad's obscenely expensive sports car for the two seater.  Or a jeep or something that could offroad better.

Or Adam's Trans-Am...with T-tops.

6 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Or Adam's Trans-Am...with T-tops.

The only film parallel that comes to mind for Adam is Kevin Dillon's character in the 1988 version of The Blob. So my mind gravitates to a motorcycle over a car.

7 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

I see Adam more as Mikey from Halloween 5

hqdefault.jpg

Ah, the abusive douche boyfriend- like the guy in Freddy vs. Jason. I could see it.

18 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

Chevrolet Chevette maybe.

car-needs.jpg3805870002_large.jpg

Wrong car, it's missing the yellow light above rear bumper on the side, bumper edge does not look right, tail lights wrap around instead of stopping. Back edge of game car bumper is squared while real car is round edge where the taillights go around. Gas tank is on wrong side than in game car. Bumper and trim are different. Perhaps modified for the game.

39 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Wrong car, it's missing the yellow light above rear bumper on the side, bumper edge does not look right, tail lights wrap around instead of stopping. Back edge of game car bumper is squared while real car is round edge where the taillights go around. Gas tank is on wrong side than in game car. Bumper and trim are different. Perhaps modified for the game.

I think the game cars are "inspired by" but not completely accurate. A Chevette is a probable inspiration.

On September 29, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Splatterhouse said:

Seems as good a place as any to post this: Anyone else think the car engine sound needs a bit of work? When in motion it sounds like a radio controlled car/electric car. Not a 1980s exhaust pumping engine. The start up is fine, but just feels a little "light" in motion. 

Man, did you ever ride in or drive a Chevette? Sadly, that might be one of the most accurate things in this game.

On 12/1/2018 at 4:50 AM, Bonker2468 said:

Man, did you ever ride in or drive a Chevette? Sadly, that might be one of the most accurate things in this game.

Nope. I only drive German cars - American cars are crap :D:D:D

On 11/30/2018 at 10:50 PM, Bonker2468 said:

I never drove a Chevette, but I did own a Pontiac T1000, which is practically the same car. I can assure you that is exactly what the engine sounded like, lol!!

The closest thing I've seen movie wise is Vickie's yellow Toyota Corolla 1600 from Friday the 13th part 2. Complete with a ton of crap in the back seat effectively turning it into a 2 seat car. I'm guessing the reason it looks a little like any 70s econo box is because they didn't have licensing from any car manufacturers so they couldn't make them an exact match to a real car. But yeah, I'd say the game cars look mostly like a Chevy Chevette.

12 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I never drove a Chevette, but I did own a Pontiac T1000, which is practically the same car. I can assure you that is exactly what the engine sounded like, lol!!

When I was a teenager, around the same time I got my license, my family had some financial difficulties and the old reliable car we'd had for several years suddenly died. We went to a used car dealer and bought a 1980 Chevette for $300. It had "old car smell," that scent of burnt oil and dirt and use that you get with almost any well-worn car that's 10-15 years old. It was nasty and dirty and awful on every level, it ran like crap, and it lasted about two weeks before it died, too.

The Chevette, in my mind, is an icon of failure.