shaderaygun

Scream The TV Series

A thread to discuss Scream The TV series as each episode airs. Be warned, we're going to freely discuss spoilers in here, so make sure you're all caught up to date on each episode before reading.

Anyone catch the premiere of season 2 last night? What are your thoughts?

I really liked the fact that they started the season in a movie theater, just like how Scream 2 started. I was actually scared for Audrey's life there for a moment.

Jake's death was really brutal. Bear traps always make me cringe in horror movies. I'm kinda sad to see him go. While not my favorite cast member, he was likeable enough.

Any guesses on who the killer is? I'm betting it was someone related to one of the victims of the first season. They probably found out Audrey was helping Piper and are now out for revenge on her.

Also, loved the shout outs to Hack/Slash and Nailbiter. Horror comics are so rarely referenced and it was nice to see them brought up.

I actually thought audrey was gonna be the "friend" that dies in the first episode so glad it turned out to be a prank as i hope she is never killed off.

Question about last season.  Was Brandon James the Lakewood 1994 killer?  I could have sworn Maggie/Daisy said she didn't believe Brandon could be a murderer.  Which begs the question, who was the 1994 slasher then?  Also, keep in mind that we only saw 2 of the 5 murders from 1994 flashbacks.  So my hope for Season 2 is that it goes into more detail about the 1994 murderers.

Question about last season.  Was Brandon James the Lakewood 1994 killer?  I could have sworn Maggie/Daisy said she didn't believe Brandon could be a murderer.  Which begs the question, who was the 1994 slasher then?  Also, keep in mind that we only saw 2 of the 5 murders from 1994 flashbacks.  So my hope for Season 2 is that it goes into more detail about the 1994 murderers.

I don't think there is any doubt Brandon is the Lakewood 1994 killer. Like, I'm pretty sure they said they identified his body as the killer's.

IIRC, I think Daisy meant she had no idea Brandon could be a killer, not that she didn't believe he did it. I am curious about the other 3 murders though. 2 kills is a pretty low body count for any killer.

I'd personally love to see Mr. Branson be revealed as the killer in this season.  Think about it, he's gotta be pissed that last season's killer(s) ultimately exposed his affair with Brooke and ruined his professional life (again).  The killer(s) also tried to kill him and tried to kill Brooke like 3 times.  And the first victim of Season 1 was Jake, Brooke's new beau.  I think Brooke would make an awesome Final Girl and would love to see the killer of Season 2 be obsessed with her (whilst punishing Audrey).

Brooke a final girl? cant happen can it she has too much sex lol

Sydney Prescott had sex, and we all know how much of a final girl she is.

Sydney Prescott had sex, and we all know how much of a final girl she is.

Wasnt a slut like brooke though and the sluts always die in horrors.

Tis a good show, was fairly concerned for Audrey's safety, and I'm actually loving the fact that she's so confused and so sure there's not a second killer, when in all actuality she was shown numerous times to be the helper of Piper's killings. She burned letters and I think if I remember right Season 1 ended with her having a costume. She of course turned on Piper, but that's what Billy did and so forth in the original scream, it's killer killing killer, killing innocents, getting killed by another killer. Did they retcon her out from being the second slasher of the first murders? Or did I really forget the ending of Season 1?

Season 2, kind of implied that Audrey had a hand in it right off the bat when she went to the bathroom, and had all those letters written by her about both being outcasts and making those responsible suffer for what they did. But I love how she's totally unprepared for a third killer to start tormenting her, and it really adds that dynamic.

So cool, always have adored scream, and I own all four movies. At some point I'm looking to get Season 1...haven't yet.

Tis a good show, was fairly concerned for Audrey's safety, and I'm actually loving the fact that she's so confused and so sure there's not a second killer, when in all actuality she was shown numerous times to be the helper of Piper's killings. She burned letters and I think if I remember right Season 1 ended with her having a costume. She of course turned on Piper, but that's what Billy did and so forth in the original scream, it's killer killing killer, killing innocents, getting killed by another killer. Did they retcon her out from being the second slasher of the first murders? Or did I really forget the ending of Season 1?

Season 2, kind of implied that Audrey had a hand in it right off the bat when she went to the bathroom, and had all those letters written by her about both being outcasts and making those responsible suffer for what they did. But I love how she's totally unprepared for a third killer to start tormenting her, and it really adds that dynamic.

So cool, always have adored scream, and I own all four movies. At some point I'm looking to get Season 1...haven't yet.

I don't recall Audrey getting the costume at the end of season 1. So far, it's only been implied how far Audrey helped Piper, if at all. What I'm getting from the letters is that Audrey brought Piper to the town, but didn't really help her do any of the killings. Still, would be interesting to have a main cast member be the killer.

• Like 1

I don't recall Audrey getting the costume at the end of season 1. So far, it's only been implied how far Audrey helped Piper, if at all. What I'm getting from the letters is that Audrey brought Piper to the town, but didn't really help her do any of the killings. Still, would be interesting to have a main cast member be the killer.

Thanks for refreshing my memory man! I couldn't remember if she had the costume with her..I just remember leaving Season 1, fully convinced by what I saw with her being the killer. I can't remember why though.

Emma looks damn near Identical too a young Heather Langenkamp, I swear she totally reminds me of Nancy from Nightmare on Elm St.

Welp, episode 2 just finished. Thoughts?

1st off: Emma needs to stop dropping those coffee mugs. She's gonna get banned from that store.

2nd: I feel like Kirean's cousin is an obvious fake out for the real killer. At this point, my leading theory is that the killer is Brandon James's brother, or the son/daughter of his brother. Something like that.

3rd: I am disappointed to see that Jake was confirmed killed. Especially with all the emotions Brooke went through in this episode. And I have a sinking feeling Brooke might be the next killed, or possibly the 3rd one killed, since she's 4th on the list.

All in all, a good episode. Willa's acting seemed a little off in places, especially with how non-chalant she was when her dad showed up. But I am excited to see where this plot with Noah and Audrey goes, as they are my two favorite characters.

I think kierans cousin or the guy that numbered the lakewood six is the killer this season

I'm not feeling the whole PTSD Emma in Season 2.  She was a tad whiny in Season 1, but at least tolerable.  Laurie Strode in Halloween 2 and Halloween H20 was a better version of a returning survivor girl.  Also, Emma's romance with Kieran has about as much on-screen chemistry as Bella & Edward in Twilight.  Her mother and that dead cop in Season 1 were more believable, albeit middle aged.

The show is doing a good job of creating mixed feelings for Audrey.  Everyone is wondering exactly how involved was she with helping Piper.  Did Audrey actually kill anyone with her own hands?  How far will this new killer push Audrey?  Audrey is already making threatening phone calls and breaking into buildings.  What else will she do to protect her secret?

There is a bit of mysterious backstory and red herring overload though.  Zoe overcame something serious in her past.  The psychology teacher is secretly recording their counseling session.  Kieran's cousin is creepy AF.  Kieran's aunt feels some obligation to her dead big brother.  The new sheriff's son is creepy AF.  Emma's father is back in the picture.  I get that's a thing with the Scream franchise, letting you think everyone is a suspect.  But it is feeling a bit cliché now.

I still like the series though.  Not as kitschy as Scream Queens, which is a good thing.  Better story line than Slasher.  I'm more of a movie guy than a TV guy, so this at least gives me one more series to look forward to besides Game of Thrones.

Also, Emma's romance with Kieran has about as much on-screen chemistry as Bella & Edward in Twilight.  Her mother and that dead cop in Season 1 were more believable, albeit middle aged.

Agreed. it's the problem with them being the main characters. They're not given any big character traits like the rest of the gang. I get the feeling the two of them are supposed to be more of a blank slate that the audience can project onto, but it just makes them boring. Brooke and Jake had a much better romance.

Nobody agrees Emma looks like a young Heather Langenkamp..? I had too look her up thinkin she may be Heathers daughter.... None the less pretty decent show, especially for MTV.

So far, Episode 3 is my favorite of the season.  It had some nice suspense.  Also glad that Brooke's story line is getting interesting.

Given the timeline of events, it seems like we can rule out some suspects (assuming there is just one killer). 

• Can't be Emma since she was being stalked on video chat.  There have been some fan theories about her having a PTSD split personality; I felt that theory was a stretch.
  • Can't be Emma's dad since he was getting into drunken bar fights while the killer was stalking his daughter in motel room nearby.
  • Can't be Noah, Zoe, Brooke, Gustavo or Mr. Branson since they were all at the movies.  Noah called Audrey right as they were leaving the theater then the killer video chatted with Audrey from the motel right after Noah's call.

I'm going to double-down on my theory that Brandon James was *not* the Lakewood Slasher 20 years (remember, last season Maggie said she didn't believe he could be a killer).  Perhaps her childhood friend, Miguel the Sheriff, was the real slasher.  After Maggie & Kevin survived the night and the murders were pinned on Brandon, he moved out of town since he got away with it and didn't want to chance slipping up and getting caught.

Last episode was fantastic. Though, I have to say, the fact that Audrey was willing to kill Noah to hide her secret is not making her look any more innocent. I'm curious how involved she was with Piper.

Also, I'm willing to bet they might have two killers this season. After all, all but one of the Scream movies had two killers. So I'm not counting anyone out quite yet. I have a bad feeling about Emma's dad.

Last episode was fantastic. Though, I have to say, the fact that Audrey was willing to kill Noah to hide her secret is not making her look any more innocent. I'm curious how involved she was with Piper.

But was she going to kill Noah?  Or smash his laptop & that camera?

But was she going to kill Noah?  Or smash his laptop & that camera?

Looked to me like she was gonna hit him over the head so he didnt see what was on the camera.

Well... that episode was intense. I am all for the Noah-Zoe-Audrey threesome.

Some thoughts:

1) Kieran's cousin and the Sheriff's son are obvious fake outs. I doubt they're the killer. Same with Emma's dad.

2) I am curious what the killer's plan here was. Get them all high and hope one of the Lakewood 6 wander outside so he/she can kill them? Seems kind of a stretch

3) The Carrie reference was awesome

All in all, this episode was fun, but I can't help but think next week's one is gonna be the biggest one yet. Hopefully we get a lot of killer action.

But was she going to kill Noah? Or smash his laptop & that camera?

Smashing the laptop would of done nothing, it was saved on his sd card he would just stay what the hell and put it in another laptop she was either going to kill him or knock him out lets not forget she had no problem having her girlfriend killed and even worked with piper after that. She is not a sympathetic character she is not a victim she is a psychopath.