mab909

Breaking free from Jason after he grabs me

Hi,

i always having the problem as counselor that if Jason gabs me I have no chance to break free from him!
When I'm watching other counselors (after I'm death) they are very often able to break free.

Does someone have a tip for me?

- As soon as Jason gabs me I'm pressing the "break free" button on the controller (with fast repetitions)
- I'm using the "escape artist" perk
- I'm playing with different counselors.

Thank,
Marc

1 minute ago, mab909 said:

Hi,

i always having the problem as counselor that if Jason gabs me I have no chance to break free from him!
When I'm watching other counselors (after I'm death) they are very often able to break free.

Does someone have a tip for me?

- As soon as Jason gabs me I'm pressing the "break free" button on the controller (with fast repetitions)

Thank,
Marc

With Jenny it's easy to break free because of her composure but tbh why is the breaking free thing composure it should be strength 

There really aren't many ways to escape it - once he has you, it's pretty much over. The best bet is to try to not get grabbed in the first place, or to get grabbed in the most inconvenient spot for Jason, so he has to carry you somewhere to kill you. The back of the barn is a good example....there isn't enough room to initiate a grab kill in there, so he has to carry you out. Or the back of a cabin with no windows.

People breaking from his grasp doesn't happen too often. My guess is, is that most of the time you either saw some people using a pocketknife or some other item/weapon on him.

• Like 1

As mentioned by @SolidusPrime, Jason will kill you very quickly once he has his hands on you so the best bet is to do your best to avoid it altogether if possible. I generally find that most Jasons go for whatever kill goes red first on their kill selection. I however use Savini Jason who has -Grip strength and I get a minimum of 4 environment kills per game (unless people are escaping or near escaping, in which case I just insta-kill), so people quite frequently escape my grab. 

I can see that this is your first post @mab909. Might I suggest you go to the introductions section and make a post there? It's a forum requirement.

3 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

With Jenny it's easy to break free because of her composure but tbh why is the breaking free thing composure it should be strength 

It strength and composure. Adam can break free easier then Jenny. Tommy is the best at it.

With Jenny I have Epic Escape Artist, most Jason’s that grab me I can break free with a few taps, but 90% of the time he gets his kill right before I’m about to break free.:lol:

Breaking free has a couple factors.

1. Composure

2. Fear Level

3. Strength

The higher your Fear, the harder it will be for all counselors. This is why high Composure characters have an easier time in-general (they don't gain Fear as fast and lose it quicker). Increased Fear drastically reduces your chances of tapping free. High Strength also helps. TBH, don't get caught if you can. If Jason gets a hold of you, it is probably going to end badly for you. It is easier to escape inside buildings and outside areas with lots of obstructions. This is because Jason needs space to execute whatever kills they have selected. If you are lucky enough to face someone who doesn't have a small-space kill equipped, you'll break away more often because you'll be able to tap-free before they find room.

4 hours ago, mab909 said:

Thanks,
Marc

Escape artist essentially reduces the amount of taps you'll have to make a small percentage. It doesn't make much difference if you are choosing characters prone to Fear accumulation (like LaChappa for instance).

Adam IS the best to escape grabs with in lieu of Tommy. His 7 Composure and 8 Strength help keep Fear down and give him the muscle to help get free.

6 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

This is why high Composure characters have an easier time in-general (they don't gain Fear as fast and lose it quicker).

Wrong. Composure slows down how much you gain or lose Fear, making it a double-edged sword. For example, if you're playing as Jenny and is in Jason's presence, it'll take approximately 3 minutes to reach maximum level (level 4) of Fear. However, once you you reach it, it will take 2 minutes to go back to level 1 (2/3 of the time to gain it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Wrong. Composure slows down how much you gain or lose Fear, making it a double-edged sword. For example, if you're playing as Jenny and is in Jason's presence, it'll take approximately 3 minutes to reach maximum level (level 4) of Fear. However, once you you reach it, it will take 2 minutes to go back to level 1 (2/3 of the time to gain it).

Umm...you just confirmed what I said. Not disproved it. You don't gain it as fast. You get rid of it quicker. ;) Remember it is all relative to the counselor you are using (people forget this part).

For the sake of the OP, Fear affects how quickly you can get out of a grab. The more Fear, the harder the tap-out. High Composure characters often have less Fear on them because they have a means to mitigate its accumulation. A Fear maxed Jenny and a Fear maxed LaChappa will have just as hard of a time with tapping out in regards to Fear. LaChappa will do a bit better because he has slightly higher Strength.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Umm...you just confirmed what I said. Not disproved it. You don't gain it as fast. You get rid of it quicker. ;) Remember it is all relative to the counselor you are using (people forget this part).

Well, in the analysis made by Rydog (which I got my information from), it says Chad gain and loses fear at the same rate (0:35 seconds). Jenny takes over 2 minutes to stay calm again (because of her Composure) That's what I meant to say.

35 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Well, in the analysis made by Ryhog (which I got my information from), it says Chad gain and loses fear at the same rate (0:35 seconds). Jenny takes over 2 minutes to stay calm again (because of her Composure) That's what I meant to say.

You'd have to link the citation on that. I don't see him talking about it anywhere in the guides except when he is discussing how Sense is affected by Fear (comparing the two as examples). He mentions that Fear is accumulated more slowly by high Composure characters.

6 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

You'd have to link the citation on that. I don't see him talking about it anywhere in the guides except when he is discussing how Sense is affected by Fear (comparing the two as examples). He mentions that Fear is accumulated more slowly by high Composure characters.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619

See "Fear Gain". I also saw some comments in this forum saying that when Jenny reaches maximum fear, it takes awhile for her to recover.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619

See "Fear Gain". I also saw some comments in this forum saying that when Jenny reaches maximum fear, it takes awhile for her to recover.

Thanks. ?

OK looking at the numbers, I wish there was more info specifically the time to go to full Fear for Kenny (Joe average) and how fast he regains his composure, I can come up with two things.

1. High Composure characters can accumulate more Fear before they start showing symptoms. Rydog notes this as well.

2. High Composure characters DO lose Fear at a faster rate. Chad, at Composure 1, gains and loses Fear at a 1:1 Ratio. Jenny, at Composure 10, gains and loses Fear at about a 9:12 ratio (relative to Chad). She gains max Fear 9X slower than Chad. She lowers max Fear (back to 0) at a 33% faster rate than she gained the Fear.

3. End result means that Jenny gains Fear slower, loses Fear faster, but still doesn't gain her composure back as quick because Chad has a tiny Fear pool with the same rate of gain and loss.:P Jenny simply has more stored away to get rid of.

I'm off to work now. Take care.