Jump to content
Not Shelly

Will we ever see an improvement to Part 7 Jason?

Recommended Posts

Needless to say,  I think it's been universally acknowledged that Part 7 is somewhat maligned by the community as a whole. Part 7 Jason is OP, but he's certainly one of the weakest in the game (2nd to Part 6 in my opinion). His sense is great and grip strength is always a plus, but he is easily the least mobile of all the Jasons in the game. It's a shame, since Part 7 is usually a fan favorite (from the perspective of the films that is) 

 

We have see threads in the past that have brought to light this issue yet there hasn't been any signs of changes being made to Part 7 Jason, especially by the devs in my opinion. 

 

What can and should be done about this? I can understand that there are more pressing issues at hand, especially in the coming weeks for the devs. It's just kind of frustrating that nothing has been done to address this. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like part 7 the only change they Should make is making his Shift standard instead of Weak and making his morph a weakness instead 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Have given up trying to bring this up over and over while the devs not adressing it i love part 7 and what's funny is he was the first Jason I did damn good with 8/8 kills when the game came out but remember that was when the players were not so good at playing. I stopped using him all together now which is sad he looks so cool and I love that movie. But yes he does need to be changed in some way. Luckily I will be stuck on part 4 now my favorite Friday film and favorite Jason of them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Devs have shown no responses in balancing j7 so I'd say no.  

Which sucks because Part VII was probably the best version of Jason that Kane Hodder played. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Which sucks because Part VII was probably the best version of Jason that Kane Hodder played. 

I agree.  Something is off about the in game mask though.  Still cool though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like having one under powered Jason in the game. It makes the game more challenging with little room for error. Almost like "hard mode" Jason. Although I wouldn't use him in an experienced lobby full of mics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zarakye said:

I like having one under powered Jason in the game. It makes the game more challenging with little room for error. Almost like "hard mode" Jason. Although I wouldn't use him in an experienced lobby full of mics.

I'd rather the hard mode Jason not be the coolest looking one.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MichaelMemers said:

I'd rather the hard mode Jason not be the coolest looking one.

They've got to be loyal to the films and part 7 Jasons abilities in-game are identical to his screen counterpart. He just patiently walked after his victims until they tripped in fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zarakye said:

They've got to be loyal to the films and part 7 Jasons abilities in-game are identical to his screen counterpart. He just patiently walked after his victims until they tripped in fear.

We need a +Fear modifier!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already plenty of threads on this topic, this being the most recent one:

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/11001-why-part-7-jason-needs-a-buff/&

To the OP - I will summarise not only why Part 7 is less capable than other Jasons, but why he is flat out handicapped:

+Sense is only confirmed to affect duration and cooldown, both irrelevant since Sense is best toggled on/off, thus also greatly reducing cooldown. Enhanced range is not confirmed but is currently being tested.

+Grip Strength is also irrelevant because if a counselor has no pocket knife, and no other player to grab save, they are dead. So unless you are trying to activate specific kills (optional) it is worthless.

+Water Speed is situational at best but mainly unnecessary since a Jason only has to periodically check the map and see if the boat is moving. If yes = morph ahead and catch them. Most players can do it with any Jason.

-Shift and Can't Run make for the worst mobility out of all Jasons and prevent him from adequately pressuring Counselors.

-Traps means Jason cannot adequately control objectives. When paired with his mobility weakness, it means he is disadvantaged in every meaningful way against Counselors.

So basically, worst strengths + worst weaknesses. IMO he is so bad that the devs must've intentionally designed him to be. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that he needs Water Speed and low Shift/Run to stay true to the source, but the rest is up for debate.

I'd personally give him Morph+ to compensate for his reduced Shift (like an inverted Part 6) and like many others have suggested, a Fear+ mechanic.

I really think that would make him competitive, and have a unique feel.

If he still needed help, just replace -Traps with something of low relevance like -Stalk.

The only real way you could make Part 7 in his current state worse is if you replaced -Traps with -Morph. He's literally the second-worst possible Jason there can be under the current ability list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Not Shelly said:

Needless to say,  I think it's been universally acknowledged that Part 7 is somewhat maligned by the community as a whole. Part 7 Jason is OP, but he's certainly one of the weakest in the game (2nd to Part 6 in my opinion). His sense is great and grip strength is always a plus, but he is easily the least mobile of all the Jasons in the game. It's a shame, since Part 7 is usually a fan favorite (from the perspective of the films that is) 

 

We have see threads in the past that have brought to light this issue yet there hasn't been any signs of changes being made to Part 7 Jason, especially by the devs in my opinion. 

 

What can and should be done about this? I can understand that there are more pressing issues at hand, especially in the coming weeks for the devs. It's just kind of frustrating that nothing has been done to address this. 

Dude for starters to have part 7 with sense as a strength is absolutely useless. Most players turn sense on long enough to spot a red cabin, a hiding counselor, or see what direction a counselor is running in. Regardless of which Jason you use. If you turn on your sense for a couple seconds see what you need to see & immediately turn it off. Then it recharges back within literally a couple seconds.

I know most people don't have an issue with grip strength. Very rarely do I ever see a counselors grabbed & legitimately break free. The few rare instances where this takes place is usually due to a Jason whose being careless or not skilled enough. For example I watched a part 3 Jason try to roast a Chad in a campfire but the game was glitchy & not allowing him to activate the button prompt. The Chad player ended up breaking free after being held for nearly 15 seconds.

I do agree his speed is extremely slow. Way to slow but I have to respectfully disagree on part 7 being over powered. I myself sometimes will challenge friends when we are in a private match full of friends & mutual friends. I will announce after we play several regular matches "anyone want to be Jason I'll choose you if you pick part 7" instantly almost everyone will say "pick me". I'll assign order numbers & everyone takes a turn. Two things everyone shares in common. Nobody achieves killing more then 3 or 4 players & almost every matches timer is completely consumed. The full 20 minutes is used up trying to stop the last player or two & sometimes even more. Most these guys are hardcore players. Almost impossible to survive when they use any other Jason. They don't spawn kill & barely half ass trap the objectives. Some don't even trap objectives just to give us a better chance to survive & they still dominate the match 8/8 without breaking a sweat. When they use any other Jason besides part 7 that is.

As far as what can be done. For starters I think they should slighty increase his speed. I understand his weakness is no running but his walking is a joke to counselors who know how to kite & even terrible players who run the entire match. I'm almost certain they won't change his strengths & weaknesses. Since they gave him the ability to break locked doors in 4 hits. I think increasing his speed a little will greatly help. Part 7 is the best designed Jason in this game yet he is the least used.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Total reworks are needed for some of the strengths and weaknesses. Water speed could be actually relevant if the boat could spawn on small maps and if Jason couldn't morph too far away from land, requiring him to actually have to swim to the boat or the exit to cut them off. Sense strength would be relevant if it affected sense chance, if you couldn't toggle it on or off to shorten the cooldown, or if people who dodged sense with a perk were given a grace period in which they couldn't be sensed again. I don't know how grip strength could be made relevant, so I'd probably just remove it and replace it with something else.

 

But even with all those changes, part 7 either needs to lose his shift weakness or he needs to lose his traps weakness. Giving him a weakness with both is insane. I'd give him bonus traps since we only have one Jason with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Jasons suck at the moment. They can't morph. I'm sure it's happening to alot of players as 5 or 6 times last night Jasons quit at the beginning of the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

All the Jasons suck at the moment. They can't morph. I'm sure it's happening to alot of players as 5 or 6 times last night Jasons quit at the beginning of the match.

What do you mean they can't morph?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

What do you mean they can't morph?

No morph marker on the map. Happened again after last patch on xbox. Didnt play as Jason for a while after 3 days of it continuously happening. Played as him yesterday, 1st match fine, next 2, no marker(still got a 7/7 on packanack small the 1st time without morph). Changed back to spawn as counsellor again. Annoying as fuck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RAGEVIRUS said:

No morph marker on the map. Happened again after last patch on xbox. Didnt play as Jason for a while after 3 days of it continuously happening. Played as him yesterday, 1st match fine, next 2, no marker(still got a 7/7 on packanack small. Changed back to spawn as counsellor again. Annoying as fuck.

Right, I understand now. Hasn't happened to me on PS4 but that would really frustrate me from the sounds of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Never had this morph bug issue. I play on PC. Wonder if it's exclusive to Xbox?

Thinking its just xbox as far as I know. It happened sparingly before this last patch. Now its more or less most of the time. Try playing without morph, great fun.:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Thinking its just xbox as far as I know. It happened sparingly before this last patch. Now its more or less most of the time. Try playing without morph, great fun.:angry:

That's just awful. Can't imagine playing with no marker, no wonder players are quitting. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

That's just awful. Can't imagine playing with no marker, no wonder players are quitting. 

Yep. Quit many times when not in the mood for having 1 arm tied behind my back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I agree.  Something is off about the in game mask though.  Still cool though. 

Don't get me started on masks. :) I believe there's a thread explaining the weirdness with the mask...

Edit:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow explains it here:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But what do you say, part 6 together with part 3 are the best jason (after Savini of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...