is sacrificing a pocket knife the only way to deactivate a trap? I feel like they should make it so you don't need a pocket knife to deactivate a trap especially when you have those jason's who put 2 traps at the phone fuse, and a trap at each of the cars making it almost impossible to escape.

A pocket knife is the only moderately safe way to disarm a trap.  Option two is just casually stepping into and run away screaming it wasn’t me or I didn’t do anything.

48 minutes ago, UprightChair said:

A pocket knife is the only moderately safe way to disarm a trap.  Option two is just casually stepping into and run away screaming it wasn’t me or I didn’t do anything.

Or, COMING SOON the ability to slowly nudge AFK players towards the traps!!!

• Like 1

Next update Glitch: Jason now has 12-15-69 traps with 12 being weakness, 15 neutral, 69 strength.

Don't worry, this glitch will be fixed soon

16 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Or, COMING SOON the ability to slowly nudge AFK players towards the traps!!!

That would be the BEST!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

That would be the BEST!!!!!

I was being facetious. I'm certain you would be caught by Jason long before you ever actually got the AFK player to the trap itself.

31 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I was being facetious. I'm certain you would be caught by Jason long before you ever actually got the AFK player to the trap itself.

Maybe they were very close to the trap

16 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Maybe they were very close to the trap

Then Jason likely would've killed them.

Jason should be able to trigger his own traps, why should this just happen to councillors?

I have made complaints about traps too, most people don't care because they are fixated on the rare times they get to play as Jason and forget that most of their time they play as councillors. 

So log as Jason is not near by he will not hear the trap being disables with the penknife. 

• Like 1

maybe the devs should tweak the way trap placement works, instead of the Jason player facing the direction they want to place the trap and pressing down on the D-pad (or appropriate button/key), then moving a few pixels and placing subsequent traps, if the Jason player is in close proximity to one of their traps, then the Jason player should have to hold down the relevant key... this would then create a circular targeting reticule on the ground and the Jason player would use the right analog stick to aim, and release the D-pad to place the trap (similar in principle to how Jason aims with throwing knives)... but tweak the game so that if the reticule circumference is too close to the trap then further trap placement is not possible... this could make Jason players be more methodical about multiple trap placement

• Like 3

On 9/28/2017 at 2:36 PM, UprightChair said:

I also agree that this is annoying, having to undo so many traps. Rather than use a pocket knife.. couldnt we just have the ability to disarm it with nothing and be made to wait with a long progress bar.

4 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

Jason should be able to trigger his own traps, why should this just happen to councillors?

I have made complaints about traps too, most people don't care because they are fixated on the rare times they get to play as Jason and forget that most of their time they play as councillors. 

So log as Jason is not near by he will not hear the trap being disables with the penknife. 

i agree thought it was dumb that i would set up a trap and someone would activate it and end up ruining the trap i set for jason :/

56 minutes ago, BossDanny said:

maybe the devs should tweak the way trap placement works, instead of the Jason player facing the direction they want to place the trap and pressing down on the D-pad (or appropriate button/key), then moving a few pixels and placing subsequent traps, if the Jason player is in close proximity to one of their traps, then the Jason player should have to hold down the relevant key... this would then create a circular targeting reticule on the ground and the Jason player would use the right analog stick to aim, and release the D-pad to place the trap (similar in principle to how Jason aims with throwing knives)... but tweak the game so that if the reticule circumference is too close to the trap then further trap placement is not possible... this could make Jason players be more methodical about multiple trap placement

thats a good idea but maybe they should make it so they can't place traps in a proximity of the cars and the fuses whenever i place traps i place them and the corners of certain houses so i'm not playing run around the rosie with the counselors lol 

3 minutes ago, GiveDEB20%moreDONK said:

I also agree that this is annoying, having to undo so many traps. Rather than use a pocket knife.. couldnt we just have the ability to disarm it with nothing and be made to wait with a long progress bar.

that could have merit, though it would have to be one of those risk reward, say for example, disarming a trap with a pocket knife has a 100% success rate (excluding any glitches), say attempting to disarm a trap without a pocket knife has a 25% chance of success, and introduce a perk called something like, Dexterous/Nimble Fingers, with the positive effect granting a percentage increase to the chance of successfully disarming a trap without a pocket knife, covering a range from say a 5% increase up to 45% at max Epic version

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BossDanny said:

that could have merit, though it would have to be one of those risk reward, say for example, disarming a trap with a pocket knife has a 100% success rate (excluding any glitches), say attempting to disarm a trap without a pocket knife has a 25% chance of success, and introduce a perk called something like, Dexterous/Nimble Fingers, with the positive effect granting a percentage increase to the chance of successfully disarming a trap without a pocket knife, covering a range from say a 5% increase up to 45% at max Epic version

You have my vote 

Is there a current list of Jasons with the amount of traps each respectively get?