Hi guys I'm new around here. I know I'm gonna get roasted but this is just my opinion.

I'd love to have an option to play this game in first person mode. Personally I just can't get nearly as immersed in a third person game. I understand both angles though. People want to see Jason. People want to see the kills clearly. But at the same time I want that feeling of something being right behind me and running for my life. Or looking through the mask of Jason as i hunt people.

I think GTA 5 blended this perfectly and I hope to see an option in the game someday. I'll still play the game of course but it'll take way a lot of the magic for me.

Who knows what the future will hold. As of now this game will only have a 3rd person perspective. When you are hiding in areas it will shift into first person mode. If the single player challenge mode is unlocked there may be certain challenges that will be in the first person perspective. However the core game will revolve around a 3rd person perspective.

• Like 1

Who knows what the future will hold. As of now this game will only have a 3rd person perspective. When you are hiding in areas it will shift into first person mode. If the single player challenge mode is unlocked there may be certain challenges that will be in the first person perspective. However the core game will revolve around a 3rd person perspective.

I understand. But I just wanted to get my thoughts out there to the devs in case they're listening. Of course I'll need to play the game before making a final judgment I suppose. :)

Yeah I agree 1st person is super creepy and I agree 3rd person you get to see your character details and all but to bad they can't do the mechanics that gta5 does where you can switch back and forth same as battlefront!

• Like 2

I agree with PowellCampsNAKED it would be cool if the consulers had first person and jason had third person and when you die it switches to a cinematic camera.

not sure how hard it is to include first person option. I like both options, yes it's nice seeing ourself in 3rd person,  especially in a world without mirrors and reflections to see oneself in first person lol.

but it would be cool to have a hardcore mode version of the standard mode where everyone plays in first person.  it would be more immersive, especially if the first person is kind of like the PC version of Project Eden where you can see your body from the chest down, like people can realistically can see their body (more developers in the industry should do that instead of just showing hands/feet/legs/waist. I mean really, people's eyes aren't on their abdomen)

though yea it can be tricky to add stuff like that. though since this game somewhat controls like a shooter, I don't think the controls would need much of a revamp when played in 1st person. 

H1Z1 has both view points modes, as does ARK.   though it's up to the devs and what's required to make 1st person an option.

We read everything, but we think third person is inevitably going to be the better route to take on our game here. 

Single player, should it ever happen, will be first person ;)

• Like 2

We read everything, but we think third person is inevitably going to be the better route to take on our game here. 

Single player, should it ever happen, will be first person ;)

Could, hypothetically, a first person mode be possible in the, hypothetically possible, Crystal Lake exploration mode?

Personally I'm still holding my ground and want a first person mode lol. But it's your game and you guys have to be the ones to make that call. Because obviously I haven't played the game and don't know how it works.

I do wanna say one thing though. You guys are really awesome and I appreciate the fact that you actually take feedback and respond. It actually makes me want to buy the game more because it shows that your team has the maturity and respect for the franchise and its customers. If you can maintain this relationship with your fans after launch I think you will do great!

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow had the best multiplayer. It was Spies vs Merc. The spies were 3rd person but they had no lethal weapons. The Mercs played First Person and it was like a tradition FPS. That set up was fantastic! As the merc you had a flashlight and had to search all the dark areas the spies could be hiding in. The spies could also pull Mercs out of windows and hang from pipes and stuff.

It was crazy, creepy playing as a merc and slowly scanning and area when a spy suddenly drops in front of you and breaks your neck.

I don't see why they can't do that with F13. Have the teens in 1st person and Jason in 3rd. It would make the experience much more intense. But that's just my two cents.

If multiplayer were third person you wouldn't be able to see how your character reacts to fear, so you would be unaware how scared your character was. Remember that if your character is scared enough they can trip and fall like many people do in horror movies. If that were first person you'd be running and then get a facefull of ground, and it would be weird like the camera might clip through the ground and objects like bushes.