Mods forgive me if there already is a topic like this out there but I didn't see anything while using the search tool.

My suggestion is that Jason should be able to barricade doors himself. He did put the cross bar on for the barn in part 3.

So why not in game? Imagine being a counselor and you hear the cross bar go down inside a cabin.

You go around the corner and there's the big ol' revenant himself. 

I think it would make chase sequences a lot more tense

Maybe it could only be for some Jasons like the human ones

The decomposing corpse ones don't really seem to give too much thought into that kind of thing.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

• Like 1

I kind of like the idea, but I'm not sure I would want Jason to be able to remove the barricade. I feel like that might make chases a little too easy for Jason. Instead of stopping and breaking it down, or going back to the other side of the cabin he would just open the door and walk out.

Not sure why you would want to do this.

Jason can't go through windows but counselors can. If Jason is locking himself inside rather than destroying the door, he is only helping the counselor. They can simply evade through windows and he has to unlock the door/break it down to pursue. If Jason could do it, I'd be fine with it. I'm just saying it really has no practical value with the way the game mechanics are at the moment.

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Jason can't go through windows but counselors can. If Jason is locking himself inside rather than destroying the door, he is only helping the counselor. They can simply evade through windows and he has to unlock the door/break it down to pursue. If Jason could do it, I'd be fine with it. I'm just saying it really has no practical value with the way the game mechanics are at the moment.

I don't think so. If Jason destroys a cabin's door to pursue a counselor, then barricading it will be completely useless and unhelpful. But what if he uses Stalk and barricades the doors and then a counselor goes through the window aaaaaaaannd... He grabs them!

But if he is inside a cabin, I think he should be able to un-barricade the door if he wants to (if he tries to destroy it, he will cause too much sound and will alert the counselors).

35 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

But if he is inside a cabin, I think he should be able to un-barricade the door if he wants to (if he tries to destroy it, he will cause too much sound and will alert the counselors).

Yes I don't understand why Jason needs to chop a door down from the inside. He's dumb but not THAT dumb.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

A BIG no from me. Would be ok in offline play against bots, but definitely not for online play.

Why?

8 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Why?

Because it can be difficult enough getting away form Jason that if he could barricade doors it would make it more difficult. Remember each game has only 1 Jason and up to 7 other people as councillors. So keeping 1 person happy means 7 are not so happy at all. As much as this game is about Jason, the people playing councillors still want to escape, they get much more points for doing so.

Jason can still wait inside cabins using stalk, barricading doors not necessary for that to work.

58 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Because it can be difficult enough getting away form Jason that if he could barricade doors it would make it more difficult. Remember each game has only 1 Jason and up to 7 other people as councillors. So keeping 1 person happy means 7 are not so happy at all. As much as this game is about Jason, the people playing councillors still want to escape, they get much more points for doing so.

Jason can still wait inside cabins using stalk, barricading doors not necessary for that to work.

How about the windows?

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

How about the windows?

What do you mean; about the windows? Jason can break them causing injury to councillors.