RAGEVIRUS

Bear traps (different tactics)

I've been putting the traps outside the front doors of 1 door cabins rather than the inside recently. Gotta eat the trap if you're coming in mate. Jasons do not like this. 

Also been trapping the car fixing points. Especially good if the battery has been put in as he would usually trap the gas tank if the hoods down. 

Once thats done, he has to lay 3 traps round my trap to block the path to disarm and fill the tank.

Anyone else do this?

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Also been trapping the car fixing points. Especially good if the battery has been put in as he would usually trap the gas tank if the hoods down.

Well I know what strategy I'm trying next...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's a nice strategy, but rarely do I find myself spawning right next to a car with a trap also on hand.

But when you do, you know what to do.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You can also do this to the phone box. Be quick about it.

This. Nothing makes a Pt 2 rage like finding a perfectly placed bear trap right where he wants to spam his crap.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

This. Nothing makes a Pt 2 rage like finding a perfectly placed bear trap right where he wants to spam his crap.

Unfortunately you're probably not going to spawn on top of the phone, realize you've spawned on top of the phone, locate a bear trap and deliver it to the phone box before the Jason morphs there less than 10 seconds into the match. It's much more viable with a car, though you'll probably only get to trap one of the two points.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Unfortunately you're probably not going to spawn on top of the phone, realize you've spawned on top of the phone, locate a bear trap and deliver it to the phone box before the Jason morphs there less than 10 seconds into the match. It's much more viable with a car, though you'll probably only get to trap one of the two points.

You could eat a trap, then place your own and run like hell.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You could eat a trap, then place your own and run like hell.

I suppose. But in most cases they'll have already planted multiple traps on the phone at the start of the match. Some lunatics put 3 on the phone.

33 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

You're not wrong, but it happens more than you might think. 

7 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You can also do this to the phone box. Be quick about it.

Yes. Don't know why I didn't mention that as I've done it. You're right about being quick, in the middle of laying one once and been grabbed. 

11 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Yes. Don't know why I didn't mention that as I've done it. You're right about being quick, in the middle of laying one once and been grabbed. 

Maybe patches have changed this, but I'll note actually setting the bear trap is counterproductive. Jason can (or at least used to be able to) combat stance into a set bear trap and walk off with it on his leg. Just laying it down unset will block Jason's traps (just as Jason's traps will block bear traps if he gets there first).

2 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Maybe patches have changed this, but I'll note actually setting the bear trap is counterproductive. Jason can (or at least used to be able to) combat stance into a set bear trap and walk off with it on his leg. Just laying it down unset will block Jason's traps (just as Jason's traps will block bear traps if he gets there first).

It's been patched I think. Haven't been Jason for a while though, due to morph marker not being on the map 90% of the time.

Just now, RAGEVIRUS said:

It's been patched I think. Haven't been Jason for a while though, due to morph marker not being on the map 90% of the time.

I mean, I can't think of any reason to set it. It adds no benefits, the animation is long, and if it's not set the counselors can easily do the objective.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I mean, I can't think of any reason to set it. It adds no benefits, the animation is long, and if it's not set the counselors can easily do the objective.

Well they're bear traps aren't they? May as well as try and trap the big bear? Help towards the badge?

Just now, RAGEVIRUS said:

Well they're bear traps aren't they? May as well as try and trap the big bear? Help towards the badge?

Eh, I'd angle for the 50 XP and badge increment with the cabin doorways and leave the objectives clear, but whatever floats one's boat.

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Eh, I'd angle for the 50 XP and badge increment with the cabin doorways and leave the objectives clear, but whatever floats one's boat.

Boring. :unsure:

1 minute ago, Tsunaron said:

Great idea to force the trap, no more breaking down the door and shifting passed it!

Yeah. Gotta take the trap or just stay outside.

You can actually lay a trap at the feet of a stunned Jason to auto-trap him as soon as he recovers.

Not sure if you have time now the stun times have dropped, but previously this was a good way to extend his stun. Especially useful if fixing the phone or starting the car.

2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

You can actually lay a trap at the feet of a stunned Jason to auto-trap him as soon as he recovers.

Not sure if you have time now the stun times have dropped, but previously this was a good way to extend his stun. Especially useful if fixing the phone or starting the car.

Like this. With another person, yeah. On your own? Not happening.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I like to put the trap in the door frame. Slightly more outside than inside. But maybe I'm wrong and it's better to put it fully outside?

Haven't tried just poking out. Will have a go and see what happens. Just having the trap outside buys you time. They look at it and think what to do, after a while they realise they just gotta take the trap or move on.

15 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Once thats done, he has to lay 3 traps round my trap to block the path to disarm and fill the tank.

Anyone else do this?

That is so cool. I like you :)

• Like 1