Jump to content
meergo

What other horror icons would you like to see in the gaming world?

Recommended Posts

I personally would like to see a Michael Myers horror game, i'm aware he is in Dead By Daylight but if he had his own similar to Jason that would be really cool, type below what you wanna see in the gaming world.Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see a fighting game with all the horror legends.

Mortal Kombat have touched on it with their last two releases, and I'm hoping they go all out with the next game and have a proper roster of horror characters.

I seem to recall someone made their own 'home brew' horror fighting game on PC as well couple of years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I'd love to see a fighting game with all the horror legends.

Mortal Kombat have touched on it with their last two releases, and I'm hoping they go all out with the next game and have a proper roster of horror characters.

I seem to recall someone made their own 'home brew' horror fighting game on PC as well couple of years back.

That sounds really awesome,there's a lot to explore in that idea and if executed correctly would be a huge success,anyways thanks for commenting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pennywise could fit into the DbD universe pretty well. Makes more sense than Myers or Leatherface for it.

I think that's one thing the game has going for it - You can drop almost any killer into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Pennywise could fit into the DbD universe pretty well. Makes more sense than Myers or Leatherface for it.

I think that's one thing the game has going for it - You can drop almost any killer into it.

Leatherface fits more into DbD than Michael. I'll say that much.

I'd be excited for pennywise or Pumpkinhead in DbD. It's unlikely they'll ever get their own games so I'd like to see them make a cameo in another game at least.

I wouldn't put it past Sean Cunningham to give the rights for Jason to be in DbD either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎28 at 6:27 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

I'd love to see a fighting game with all the horror legends.

Mortal Kombat have touched on it with their last two releases, and I'm hoping they go all out with the next game and have a proper roster of horror characters.

I seem to recall someone made their own 'home brew' horror fighting game on PC as well couple of years back.

Yeah, it was called Terrordrome and was actually tons of fun for a fan-made game. An official version of that game would be really awesome, but there's so many licensing rights involved that it'd most likely never happen, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like a couple more famous slashers to have their own, official videogames. The obvious suspects are Michael Myers and Freddy Krueger, but where a Halloween game is a more straightforward concept and would be easier to adapt, A Nightmare on Elm Street is a tougher nut to crack if you really want to capture the essence of the films. Freddy's always been more about tailoring the dreamworld specifically to each kid, and using the setting itself to disorient, creep out and actually play a part in killing his victims. I'm not sure how that could be translated in game terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chucky from Child's Play and Pennywise would be great in Dead by Daylights. After Freddy being in that game, he needs his own game for sure. Also this is just me but I would like the option to see my  killer from third person rather then first in a Dead by Daylights sequel. I hate first person. Still awesome and one of the best horror games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Horrorfan1989 said:

Chucky from Child's Play and Pennywise would be great in Dead by Daylights. After Freddy being in that game, he needs his own game for sure. Also this is just me but I would like the option to see my  killer from third person rather then first in a Dead by Daylights sequel. I hate first person. Still awesome and one of the best horror games.

Chucky's too small to be an effective killer in Dead by Daylight and I think I read somewhere that the developers don't want any killer clowns in the game. I could see Candyman, Pinhead, Pumpkinhead... Wouldn't mind see a new original- I like the ones they've made so far.

I like first person, feels more like a hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather have full standalones for each icon, like F13. 

I feel cheated when they're purposed for some other game. 

Leatherface, Myers and Freddy are no brainers. You can definitely get full satisfying games out of each of them, with little to no stretching of concepts. I can already envision how they could work. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2017 at 5:27 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

I'd love to see a fighting game with all the horror legends.

Mortal Kombat have touched on it with their last two releases, and I'm hoping they go all out with the next game and have a proper roster of horror characters.

I seem to recall someone made their own 'home brew' horror fighting game on PC as well couple of years back.

I believe you're thinking of Terrordrome. I played it after it was first released, but this video seems to show some updated graphics from the version I played.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freddy Krueger DESERVES his own game, for God's sake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was discussed in an earlier voting poll:

I think Michael Myers would offer the greatest sales and would be an excellent gaming experience -- but honestly, I think the SCARIEST and most exhilarating game would be the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The very thought of Leatherface jumping out at you with his roaring saw or clobbering you with his mallet sends chills down my spine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

This was discussed in an earlier voting poll:

I think Michael Myers would offer the greatest sales and would be an excellent gaming experience -- but honestly, I think the SCARIEST and most exhilarating game would be the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The very thought of Leatherface jumping out at you with his roaring saw or clobbering you with his mallet sends chills down my spine.

Yeah I can just imagine it now..you're walking up to the Sawyer house and go inside, you think you hearing some sort of rumbling noise and you go to see what it is -  and when you do it is too late: Leatherface burst through a door with his chainsaw in hand and guts you like a pig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the greatest Slashers have been mentioned. I thought that the 'Parasite' from Jason goes to hell chapter would be cool feature, as one counsellor could be infected if Jason manage to achieve a goal in the game. Kinda like Tommy Jarvis for Jason. Oh! I forgot about Pinhead from Hellraiser. He deserves more fame than the sh**ty movies sequels he was in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you on Halloween for sure. I'd love to fuck Haddenfield up haha. Also I'd really like a Texas Chainsaw game. The kills would be insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think that there was someone making a Leatherface game called "Today is my birthday", it was Leatherface or based on him i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×