Repo Boom

What is your definition of spawn killing?

I see, and hear, a lot of people complain about "spawn killing" but I was wondering if there was a specific length of time you feel Jason should wait before he starts killing people? Do you feel that counsellors should have to wait that same time frame before they start completing objectives? 

• Like 1

There is no "spawn killing" in this game. People that say that are whining because they don't have a strong grasp on how the game works yet. If you die in the first 2 mins, 99% of the time it is your fault.

• Like 14

The only real douchey thing that I hate is when Jasons don't bother to grab the knives in his shack and just morph straight to an objective. I've been killed a couple times before the mini map even shows up. When the Jason spends the time to grab his knives and you spawn in a shit location you have about 10 seconds to realize you are in trouble and run straight to the closest hiding spot. Works 60% of the time every time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

There is no "spawn killing" in this game. People that say that are whining because they don't have a strong grasp on how the game works yet. If you die in the first 2 mins, 99% of the time it is your fault.

It does put you at a disadvantage when you spawn in the phone house and are forced to flee before scavenging it.  By the time you can start scavenging cabins, more often then not, they'll have already all been cleaned out.

• Like 3

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

It does put you at a disadvantage when you spawn in the phone house and are forced to flee before scavenging it.  By the time you can start scavenging cabins, more often then not, they'll have already all been cleaned out.

True...it does put you at a "disadvantage"...but thems the breaks, I feel :) It's part of the paper-rock-scissors of early game. Do you risk going in for what is almost assuredly a part or two? Does Jason risk chasing you so early on without any abilities? Most (not all) experienced Jasons will show up at the phone house, trap it, and leave. Between some sense of "honor", or just not wanting to waste time chasing with no powers, a lot of Jasons won't even actively go for the person in the phone house. 

I can't say I agree with the second point. I don't think I've ever gone a game where I couldn't find -anything-. There are -always- cabins without people at them, but if you start without a map, I can see how that could be confusing....just one more reason to take the perk that starts you with the map :) 

Disadvantaged or no, you CAN avoid being killed early game, almost every time. The players don't have a right or entitlement to loot a house clean in the first 10 seconds of a match, though most feel like they do.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

True...it does put you at a "disadvantage"...but thems the breaks, I feel :) It's part of the paper-rock-scissors of early game. Do you risk going in for what is almost assuredly a part or two? Does Jason risk chasing you so early on without any abilities? Most (not all) experienced Jasons will show up at the phone house, trap it, and leave. Between some sense of "honor", or just not wanting to waste time chasing with no powers, a lot of Jasons won't even actively go for the person in the phone house. 

I can't say I agree with the second point. I don't think I've ever gone a game where I couldn't find -anything-. There are -always- cabins without people at them, but if you start without a map, I can see how that could be confusing....just one more reason to take the perk that starts you with the map :) 

Disadvantaged or no, you CAN avoid being killed early game, almost every time. The players don't have a right or entitlement to loot a house clean in the first 10 seconds of a match, though most feel like they do.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not against spawn killing.  It's the players right should they choose to do so.  Personally though, I will rarely do it myself.  I just like to lay my trap at the phone and then maybe smash a few windows and break down the door to put the fear of God into them while I wait for morph to come off cooldown. :)

• Like 3

Come on its a game about a killer. There is no spawn killing. Ya you might get spawn next to the phone or car i do all the time you just have to play it smart. jason isnt that hard to run from (unless its a really good jason) you just have to use your stamina the right way. I am so sick of people whining about jason being to op. Thats the point of the game to see how long you can stay alive with a raging killer after you. Dont like jasons op dont play a game where jason is the killer

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

Exactly especially Jason doesn't even have most of his abilities yet.

• Like 2

the only person that can truly be spawn-killed is tommy jarvis and that's rare.

with that being said, i usually don't start actively trying to kill anyone until after i get sense. if i kill you before that, you were totally asking for it. 

• Like 2

I've always thought that any Jason that chases people at the beginning of the game before gaining his abilities is not a good player.  You can escape him easily unless you're really unlucky.

I like to set my traps a destroy a couple of power boxes first, then begin my chase.  A good Jason preps first.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deeify said:

I've always thought that any Jason that chases people at the beginning of the game before gaining his abilities is not a good player.  You can escape him easily unless you're really unlucky.

I like to set my traps a destroy a couple of power boxes first, then begin my chase.  A good Jason preps first.

if i see someone early on (before sense) i might chase them for a few seconds just to get their fear up but i'm not really trying to get them. 

3 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

There is, but it's not counselors, it's Tommy. I've been spawn killed a few times by Jason's that morph to Tommy's spawn point immediately after getting second kill and get grabbed before the walk in animation ends.

if you happen to get an unfortunate spawn point and Jason morphs in your area, hide or run away. More often than not, Jason won't even bother wasting time on you. Cabins will not glow red in the first three minutes of a match if you're in a hiding spot. If you have a counselor with speed, Jason doesn't have shift, your ass can be out of there in no time. 

Dying in the opening minutes of a match happens, but it shouldn't happen often.

And if your Jason, there are no wrong strategies. Play the way you want to play. 

1 minute ago, rickyount02 said:

There is, but it's not counselors, it's Tommy. I've been spawn killed a few times by Jason's that morph to Tommy's spawn point immediately after getting second kill and get grabbed before the walk in animation ends.

if you happen to get an unfortunate spawn point and Jason morphs in your area, hide or run away. More often than not, Jason won't even bother wasting time on you. Cabins will not glow red in the first three minutes of a match if you're in a hiding spot. If you have a counselor with speed, Jason doesn't have shift, your ass can be out of there in no time. 

Dying in the opening minutes of a match happens, but it shouldn't happen often.

And if your Jason, there are no wrong strategies. Play the way you want to play. 

You're right. I did not consider the Tommy thing as part of this discussion, but that definitely needs to be fixed. He shouldn't appear on the map until his cutscene is completely done.

3 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

Indeed there is no spawn killing in this game... spawn killing is a repetitive trap where you force people to spawn in the same place to be killed again and again.

An example of this is the bootleggers game from pshome where you could stand over the opponents spawn point and wait for them to spawn and kill them before they even have a chance to move.

I think in the strictest definition (besides Tommy) the only true "spawn killing" would be if a counselor spawned at the shack at the beginning of the game.  That being said I have morphed to an objective to find someone AFK and had an, albeit brief, conflict of conscience whether to kill them or not.  At the end of the day, I think like Jason would and I dispatch them.  If players can't be bothered to refill their bowl of Doritos or grab another energy drink, bio break, smoke, whatever BEFORE the match starts then they are fair game. 

I play with a group of friends in a "no spawn killing" lobby. A lot of us will wait til we have shift before we start killing, but we will at least morph to two locations before we start killing as a minimum requirement. If Jason catches someone trying to put in an objective immediately or if they start attacking Jason sooner, then it's fair game to kill them.

Our group is more focused on fun than getting 8/8. Since we're mostly friends we don't want to kill each other in the first minute and ruin the game before someone has time to get a weapon or anything to fight back. Sometimes a person gets spawned in the middle of the woods with no map and has to run awhile to even find a cabin. In our lobbies that person gets to live to get in their cabin and loot a minute.

We realize also that getting killed in the first minute doesn't mean you're not a good counselor. Sometimes you don't know you're in the fuse house when you enter a house so you can't just avoid objectives immediately. Sometimes you have to use all of your stamina running to the nearest cabin and when you get there Jason could easily grab you. Sometimes your first cabin is one room and the only way out is a broken window beside the door with a trap in front of it and with stuns not being guaranteed it's not always easy to escape.

Sometimes I'll join other random lobbies when my friends aren't playing and I expect to get chased or killed immediately. But then I leave that lobby because I don't want to sit around for 20 minutes watching people I don't know play. So our no spawn killing rule also makes it easier for us to keep a full lobby without having to sit in the lobby and find several new people each game.

I consider it more of you just got a bad spawn location then "spawn killing", if you spawn in the fuse house or next to the four seater then tough luck, run away or go to a hiding spot while I set my traps down next to the objective and wait to get Sense because I'm probably not going to catch you until I get Shift. (Also the first person I find early in the match i'll most likely just build up their fear or hit them a few times before Morphing away, but once I unlock Shift it's fair game)

There's no such thing.

If you're dying before Jason has Shift, just uninstall and consider playing Monopoly...ANYTHING Jason can do in the game is fair.

Spawn killed? Either you didn't bother running or you're playing on mute.

• Like 1

Unlucky spawns happen, but they are most often survivable. There is no spawn killing in Friday the 13th. Jason should show no quarter. I hate it when I hear a Jason player on their mic saying they will spare me. I don't want that. If I die first, so be it. Sympathy for counselors is not on my mind in the early game as Jason, though I do find it is more strategically sound to lay out traps before I start hunting. If I catch one early, I will make an attempt on them, but I am still going to be more objective minded in the early game.

6 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Unlucky spawns happen, but they are most often survivable. There is no spawn killing in Friday the 13th. Jason should show no quarter. I hate it when I hear a Jason player on their mic saying they will spare me. I don't want that. If I die first, so be it. Sympathy for counselors is not on my mind in the early game as Jason, though I do find it is more strategically sound to lay out traps before I start hunting. If I catch one early, I will make an attempt on them, but I am still going to be more objective minded in the early game.

Tommy J can be spawn killed. Usually before the walk in animation ends. 

37 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Tommy J can be spawn killed. Usually before the walk in animation ends. 

I meant as it applies to counselors. Tommy can be spawn killed.

"Oh I spawned at the big house/fuse house. Let me scavenge everything here, not lock the doors and turn the radio......OMG Jason you loser! I haven't even got a weapon yet, I quit!"

Unless Gun adds respawn there is no spawn killing in this game.

• Like 1

If you spawn in a good spot just go in a hiding spot until jason comes and goes.

This has always been sort of controversial subject in this Forum. Like someone said earlier. If you get killed if the first 2 minutes of a match 9 out of 10 times is your fault. The other one time is bad luck. One time I spawned at the shooting range and went straight to the garage to pick up the shotty only to have Jason Morphing right in My face and killed me.

The reason I say unlucky is because the firt morph is so random and morph is so inaccurate that you have no control on where Jason will land.