Muffinsfressnapf

Helping other counselors STILL not working

So idk how long this is going to take to FINALLY work correctly but after the patch notes i had some hope. I hopped into 1 game and hit Jason while he was grabbing people and he still didn't drop them. And yes I am sure i hit him with my machete, even heard the sound and it definitely connected. So is this ever going to be fixed, or just adressed and never gonna work like some other things like the grab? Slowly but surely im getting so pissed about this single but most annoying thing.

10 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

Well 80% of the time I save some1 Jason just keeps walking so he's not stunned. This also happens with a baseball bat btw which happens to have a 100% stun chance.

I didn't think any weapon had a 100% stun chance. I thought it was dependant on your character's strength and also any perks you may have. 

Honestly, the latest patch is broken, apparently now, you can hit Jason (sound effect of you hitting Jason and you getting the 100XP Fight Back), but it doesn't register. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

I didn't think any weapon had a 100% stun chance. I thought it was dependant on your character's strength and also any perks you may have. 

Everyone keeps saying it's a guaranteed stun, but I've seen it NOT stun many times. I have no clue where they are getting that from.

Jason isn't supposed to be stunned from every single hit. That is something that was broken in the patch before this, and returned to it's rightful place with this one. People got used to easy mode.

He won't drop counselors just from getting hit.

• Like 2

The reason why the Baseball Bat has a 100% chance is in the game guide itself. Weapons have stun stats which are not effected from a counselor, only perks. The Baseball bat has 4/4 bars which obviously is a 100%. Other weapons have 3/4 which is 75% as you can probably do the math yourself. Also the Baseball bat has a perk that increases stun duration, not chance, there's another obvious thing.

9 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

He won't drop counselors just from getting hit.

Why wouldn't he? You're telling me you have to rely on the stun % chance of your weapon to help your friend? If so every weapon besides the bat and flare gun are utterly useless, and even these dont work properly. 

12 minutes ago, Truth said:

but I've seen it NOT stun many times

Because it's not damn working.

9 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

Jason isn't supposed to be stunned from every single hit

I didn't say that. I said it was usually the case that a damaging hit dropped a counselor, not a stunning hit.

3 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

The reason why the Baseball Bat has a 100% chance is in the game guide itself. Weapons have stun stats which are not effected from a counselor, only perks. The Baseball bat has 4/4 bars which obviously is a 100%. Other weapons have 3/4 which is 75% as you can probably do the math yourself. Also the Baseball bat has a perk that increases stun duration, not chance, there's another obvious thing.

You're assuming the scale is up to 100%. What if the max (4 bars) is 80%?

You can't say it's 100% when it doesn't stun 100% of the time.

5 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

Why wouldn't he? You're telling me you have to rely on the stun % chance of your weapon to help your friend? If so every weapon besides the bat and flare gun are utterly useless, and even these dont work properly. 

That's exactly what I am telling you.

People didn't seem to have an issue rescuing friends before it was broken, so I don't know what to tell you. I'm fine with it personally, and the community seemed to be as well until it was broken and everyone got to play on easy mode.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

You're assuming the scale is up to 100%. What if the max (4 bars) is 80%?

You can't say it's 100% when it doesn't stun 100% of the time.

Sry to break your dream but a bar system without numbers is always a percentage. When something now has FULL bars it's ALWAYS the full percentage which is 100%. That's easy math. If it was 80% there would not be a system consisting out of 4 bars. The same thing with the duration bars etc.

3 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

People didn't seem to have an issue rescuing friends before it was broken, so I don't know what to tell you. I'm fine with it personally, and the community seemed to be as well until it was broken and everyone got to play on easy mode.

It's broken since a long time. I'm not talking about Jason being underpowered since the small map patch, I'm talking about months where it's not working properly, and the Community DOES know that. The people in this Forum are a few from the actual game, should know that. It's not only me having the problem, but people talking about it in Lobbies or seeing it when spectating. So I'm definitely not the only one having a problem with that. I just don't get why it's not working. The only way to help some1 who dies instantly without a Knife is to hit, and sorry that im not a wizard and can create a Baseball bat (which is not working right) out of nowhere. I don't want any1 to be nerfed, I want things like this to be adjusted. The patch notes EVEN SAID "female counselor should now hit Jason properly" or something along the lines. Which SHOWS the devs obviously know that there's something wrong. Jesus.

3 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

No the baseball bat is a 100% stun 

6 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

Sry to break your dream but a bar system without numbers is always a percentage. When something now has FULL bars it's ALWAYS the full percentage which is 100%. That's easy math. If it was 80% there would not be a system consisting out of 4 bars. The same thing with the duration bars etc.

1 minute ago, Moe9999633 said:

No the baseball bat is a 100% stun

Then how do you explain all the times I've seen the bat not stun Jason?

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Most likely a glitch because the baseball bat is a 100%  stun chance 

8 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's the reason people complain about it. You even see it for yourself yet you're asking us those questions, i would like to ask the devs those questions.

1 minute ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

That's the reason people complain about it. You even see it for yourself yet you're asking us those questions, i would like to ask the devs those questions.

I literally just hit post on this when I got the notification that you quoted me:

Just now, Truth said:

@Kodiak@Gertz@GunMedia_Ben

Is the bat supposed to be a 100% stun? A lot of people keep telling me this, but I've seen it fail many times. I can't imagine I'm the only one that's seen the bat fail...

Four bars = max stun chance. Not 100%stun. This is  fact. Same with other games. When you max up a weapon it does not mean 1 shot! 1 kill. 

Besides, 100% stun against Jason sounds stupid

• Like 1

This patch is a huge improvement over the last two, but there's still issues.

I hit Jason with the bat in combat stance. The hit registered and I got points, but Jason didn't get stunned. 

4 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

100% stun against Jason sounds stupid

You do realise the durability is the counter part of this? It's 1 and literally breaks after 1-2 hits on every counselors besides high luck ones.

4 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

When you max up a weapon it does not mean 1 shot! 1 kill.

What other games? I don't know about a second F13 with a system likethat.

the thing is, first hit from any weapon should be able to drop the player being grabbed.  Jason already has insane fast time to start a invincible kill animation, so rescue attempts should be more potent.    it shouldn't be about stunning, but simply doing damage should distract Jason to drop them. 

in my opinion, stun should only apply to how long Jason is "stunned" or the probability of knocking him down.   so players should be rewarded with first attempt successful freeing of a grabbed counselor.   it would make things more balanced because the window between Jason grabbing and starting kill animation, is very small and fast that weapon attacks should be able to interrupt grab before the kill trigger, so people can get a greater sense of rescue attempts being more worthwhile.

but guess they just make it hard as element of surprise.

though they should nerf Jason's time of recovery, cause he gets up too fast now.  it was fine before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

What other games? I don't know about a second F13 with a system likethat.

I was referreing to earlier comment that 4 bars automaticly means 100% stun. In comparison to other games (name almost any one) where you max out a weapon, it does not mean 100% kill. So from where assumption that bat 100% stun? 

And I do understand durability. Does not affect my opinion

Even though the bat shows 4/4 bars I am more of the belief that it is just to imply that it has the maximum stunning power of all of the weapons.  4/4 might not necessarily mean 100% just as a 5-star movie isn't necessarily flawless.  It just represents that whatever the cap is for stunning (80%, 90% 75%?) the bat is the top end of the spectrum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lasse_hei said:

I was referreing to earlier comment that 4 bars automaticly means 100% stun. In comparison to other games (name almost any one) where you max out a weapon, it does not mean 100% kill. So from where assumption that bat 100% stun? 

So what other games are you talking about? You're giving me a question for a question, not an answer. Because I'm assuming you're talking about a completely different Genre.

Well it looks like @Muffinsfressnapf is right...

21 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

It is indeed supposed to be 100% stun. I've not seen it fail when someone's hit Jason with it, only when they've been too close to a nearby tree or something and accidentally whacked that before him.

Doesn't really explain what I've seen, but with all the issues there have been I guess it might have just been some sort of glitch.

No weapon stunned Jason 100% of the time without perks, until 2 patches ago. Not even the bat. It just had a high chance. Simple TESTING rather than anecdotal experience, would have shown you this.

Now it's back to the way it should be and stun-locking counselors are losing their minds.

• Like 1