Kodiak

All the things wrong with the newest patch

8 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

Absolutely number one for me is the now lack of a dedicated button to check the scoreboard! I consider that a bug because emotes are worthless and not worthy of a dedicated button.

Then there's the broken luck stat with weapons breaking in one hit for that douchebag Chad. Also, Jason's stun time has dramatically increased. I agree that it was way too long last patch, but now it's back to normal and I feel it's just too short. I've filled the 'Rise' meter before Jason even hit the ground on a few occasions. I think there needs to be more of an in-between on this.

I didn't experience the following ones myself, but I've heard the thick skin perk has been nerfed again. I'm hearing people say that they've been sent into a wounded state after just one bear trap. That's kind of silly in my eyes. I've also heard people saying they die after jumping out of a two story window? Also quite ridiculous.

Other than those, though..... Every thing else about this patch is great. I'm happy the window mechanics went back.

1. I agree with not being able to quickly view the list of who is alive or dead. New way is slower and not as simple.

I got stuck in a closet bug trying to look at the player list using the mute player screen.

Easy kill for Jason because I was stuck in a bug for 15 minutes.

It's a new bug after the patch.

2. I am happy counselors can't stun lock Jason non stop and t-bag him for 20 minutes anymore. Stun time is way better than it was before the last patch on Xbox One. Jason is fun to play again. We don't need an army of battle chads in speedos with indestructable bats slapping Jason's face with their ass...or do we? :lol:

3. Some players have the old 50% epic thick skin perk on their characters and never removed it. Gun Media and Illfonic need to wipe all counselor perk slots on the next patch to fix that. I sold my 40% thick skin perk after the first nerf. If it got nerfed again that is fine.

Tanking 7 traps, jumping out 20 second story windows, crawling through 1,000 broken windows and getting hit for 15 minutes for one counselor is broken.

tumblr_o1x929A32k1tpri36o1_500.gif

Windows and doors have been fixed. Jason is fun to play again. I'm happy. ? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TiffanyCakes said:

This is just a person who prefers Jason who is happy about the broken thick skin perk lol .he wants bats to only have one hit until they break lol .At least the OP was balanced about what was wrong 

I understand that we've never really been on the same page regarding changes, but you wound me by making assumptions like this. My preference is counselor; I've always enjoyed playing counselor rather than Jason because I like the thrill of being hunted down in games like this.

I've also stated that I do believe there are some nasty bugs out there like the invisible counselor one, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy certains changes like the thick skin perk not working. If you want to make assumptions about others, I'll do the same: many people are too coddled with Jason being weak before, and now that he's suddenly vicious they complain because they want Jason to be weaker. That's certainly not how the movies were, nor should it be the gameplay.

That being said, I believe a hotfix will eventually get rid of some of the nastier bugs like Luck not working properly, and I also know the game will not bend according to the whims of one person like myself, but at least I can state what I believe has been overall a patch that has done more good than bad, at least compared to other patches in the past.

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Fine with that, as long as people don't get overtly aggro about it. Constructive feedback is of course welcome but flame posts aren't :)

@2moar depends on our location. I'm not based in the US so I moderate at different hours. 

I'd also like to address a couple of these 'issues' myself.

• Jason's stun recovery is now what it should be. Example: when you got knifed, it took twice as long as it should have for Jason to recover. Now it's just for the time it takes to pull it out his neck.¬†
  • Luck stat not working properly may indeed be bugged. I don't think a bat should be breaking in 2 hits or less on an 8+ luck character, but I can't confirm.
  • Traps may not be doing too much damage; they may now be doing the correct amount of damage they should have been. Jason's traps were only really effective as alarms before this patch and now they're actually dangerous like they should be. You should be afraid to step in them rather than saying 'oh it's fine I've got first aid sprays, I can take out all of his traps by myself no problem'.

thank you for ruin the game

5 minutes ago, Trollskau said:

thank you for ruin the game

Kodiak is only a moderator, not a developer. And if I'm wrong, it's still illogical hold one person accountable for the entire game. That being said, I don't believe the developers did an overall bad job on this patch, just has to smooth out the new bugs that will come with any new patch for basically any game that gets patches.

49 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

1. I agree with not being able to quickly view the list of who is alive or dead. New way is slower and not as simple.

I got stuck in a closet bug trying to look at the player list using the mute player screen.

Easy kill for Jason because I was stuck in a bug for 15 minutes.

It's a new bug after the patch.

2. I am happy counselors can't stun lock Jason non stop and t-bag him for 20 minutes anymore. Stun time is way better than it was before the last patch on Xbox One. Jason is fun to play again. We don't need an army of battle chads in speedos with indestructable bats slapping Jason's face with their ass...or do we? :lol:

3. Some players have the old 50% epic thick skin perk on their characters and never removed it. Gun Media and Illfonic need to wipe all counselor perk slots on the next patch to fix that. I sold my 40% thick skin perk after the first nerf. If it got nerfed again that is fine.

Tanking 7 traps, jumping out 20 second story windows, crawling through 1,000 broken windows and getting hit for 15 minutes for one counselor is broken.

tumblr_o1x929A32k1tpri36o1_500.gif

Windows and doors have been fixed. Jason is fun to play again. I'm happy. ? 

They did wipe that with this patch.  Whatever thick skinned you have you limp after you step in a trap.  It kinda seems to work when Jason slashes at you so may not be broken but working like it was intended to?  Can’t really tell though.  

1 minute ago, Gdain said:

They did wipe that with this patch.  Whatever thick skinned you have you limp after you step in a trap.  It kinda seems to work when Jason slashes at you so may not be broken but working like it was intended to?  Can’t really tell though.  

That makes sense though. If you step in a bear trap, it's going to hurt. They're made to stop BEARS. I don't understand why people think you shouldn't limp from that.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

My biggest issue tonight was losing connection mid match. I was only able to complete 3 out of about 10 matches. PS4. (Connection lost and game crashing to PS4 main screen)

Jason's stun times don't bother me. Neither do his traps doing more damage (if it's not a thick skin issue). Everyone complained about Jason being too weak in the last patch. This seems like the "Jason is back to being Jason" patch. I like that! 

I love that windows can now be smashed the way you want to smash them. Great change. 

I didn't run into many of the other issues discussed in this thread. Maybe I got lucky.

I agree with A.J.  I like Jason being OP.  He SHOULD be.  Do you remember in the movies when 50-80% of the people escaped from him?  Neither do I.  Surviving/escaping should be the exception and not the rule.  Nothing truly game-breaking after the patch for me, however, I did get grabbed mid jump through a window.  That was funny.  The person playing Jason even said, "what happened there?  You were floating.".  

• Like 1

I'll report a more detailed analysis when I play more of the patch. But right now my main concerns are the stun times, luck stat, Packanack framerate issues, and grease monkey.

Will play more tonight.

• Like 1

I'd seen a drone Buggzy and an invisible car AJ yesterday, when I saw those about every two weeks before, so we'll see how those pop up now.

9 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

You know your in trouble when your fourm mod has to lock a ton of "Broken Patch" threads and pin one up so people can consolidate their flustration into one solid pile of steaming...........

tenor.gif

• Like 4

Who actually wants these emotes??? I'd prefer them to remove the emotes and let us access the counselor status screen again. I'm glad we finally got a patch on Xbox, but far more things were screwed up. Serious question.... Do they actually TEST these patches before releasing them? Like REALLY test them. 

of course jason should be op, as he has been since they start, but you need a fine balance or the game just isn't fun unless your are jason.  

you have to give people a reason stick around and if you dont have a chance to survive, why would you. This isn't the movies, it's about having fun,

You could easily do status and emotes on either half of a screen, especially if the emote wheel was a bit more visually distinct.

3 hours ago, KillsFaceDaily said:

Yup....Done with this game for now. Sucks because it was my favorite game since I bought it. Played a couple more games and it's just not what I expected it to start changing into. Fucking lame....

I'm done playing for now as well (never thought I would say that, haha). I get so frustrated when playing. I'll play this game again when/if they fix it. 

5 hours ago, BigJVOOREES said:

Sorry but when one jumps out of a two story window I don't think it's silly to die at all! Jumping from a two story window and running away just fine is pretty fucking redicoulos. Maybe not dead but should be severely fucked up to say the least. 

Even I’ve jumped from a two-story window and was fine. I wouldn’t do it over and over, but I was fine. Also, this is based on the movies; didn’t Trish dive through a two-story window and proceed to fight Jason just fine?

13 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

I'm done playing for now as well (never thought I would say that, haha). I get so frustrated when playing. I'll play this game again when/if they fix it. 

It just took all of the fun out of it. Oh so now the object of the game is to just let one random kill the living shit out of you with no chance of getting out? Soooo...the car, phone, weapons, etc. are pretty much intractable but serve no real purpose since there's no real point in trying to escape? Lol. I personally liked everything how it was on both end when I played as either Jason or a counselor but it's whatever.

The current Jason stun times could be great for this game.

I think people got really comfortable with how they've been playing for the past few months (and that fault is on the developers, of course). However, if you really think about it - when Jason stops the car, it shouldn't be this continuous comedy gag of getting out, stunning him, starting the car, driving on, rinse and repeat until Jason either fails to stop the car again, or he kills everyone.

It should be (more times than not) - Jason stops the car, the counselors give it a try, but it's useless, so they flee. RUN AWAY!! And then the counselors can come back at a later time, when, hopefully, Jason is busy elsewhere.

Some of us have been saying it since launch... it was way too easy to lock Jason into being stunned. And this change/FIX is not just going to be a simple change. It drastically changes the way you approach this game. And I think that's a great thing.

I see people complain about how the counselors react to FEAR, and complain about how few hits it takes to wound (or kill) them, and that they cannot control Jason by continuously wacking him with a melee weapon... and I think that they don't get what this game is supposd to be.

This isn't even so much a survivor game. This is a victim game, trying to survive. Small difference, to be sure. And everyone is never going to agree on everything, of course. However, I have to say, as much as I disliked the surprise change to the controls for the status screen (although that doesn't affect me, as a pc player) and a few other bugs, I think these fixes are fantastic!!

People are going to have to drastically re-think how they play this game. And, maybe with certain perks and strategies, it's not quite as drastic as I am currently thinking/saying, but... when Jason knows you're trying to escape with the car... RUN!!! Find another way to survive. And THAT is how it should be.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

It should be (more times than not) - Jason stops the car, the counselors give it a try, but it's useless, so they flee. RUN AWAY!! And then the counselors can cmoe back at a later time, when, hopefully, Jason is busy elsewhere.

You can avoid this if you have grease monkey. Especially an epic. The car starts almost instantly, it's insane.

I'll make an analysis post later with my experiences with it. I wanna get more games in first though.

• Like 2

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

You can avoid this if you have grease monkey. Especially an epic. The car starts almost instantly, it's insane.

I'll make an analysis post later with my experiences with it. I wanna get more games in first though.

Yeah, like I said, there may be strategies to circumvent this. Nasty perksess... :D

So long as it's not ridiculously overpowered, but that seems to be the way of perks early in a game's life. Sort of a 'wack a mole' approach to making sure perks are beneficial, but not so over-powering that any one becomes necessary.

Still, if they can find the balance where various perks help a team to set things up well, that's cool. So long as it's not just one that everyone must have.

Looking forward to your findings though! I just sat back and watched some matches and was excited by what I was seeing with the stun time reduction and how this could be the scary game I was sold on back in beta.

• Like 1

So the last patch they made Jason woefully laughable to play as.

This patch they nerfed or broke perks that allow counselors to be tanks and thus broken game again?

I've always been in favor of removing the perks all together and going with the special abilities idea. Stacking the same health/luck/useful perks on top of all 10 counselors is not a great way to give them a chance. Who gives a shit about water perks when water escapes are like 25 percent chance? The only way I could see them being legit is if Part 8 is literally Lazarus, surrounded by water where multiple escapes require swimming. Then and ONLY then will swimming perks be something people even bother to keep around. Who cares about dealing more damage as Tommy? Who cares about tinker if it doesn't make for slower/longer repair bars, rather than speed them up?

The perks used most often are thick skin, some stamina perk and the two med sprays. The perks that allow you to survive 10 x encounters, tank the traps Jason has and basically laugh at any Jasons who want to try anything other than shift grab.

8-12 second stun times versus counselors being able to tank everything unless they run out of pocket knives because Jason feels compelled to grab constantly because his melee isn't what it could be is not a good ratio to have.

I've only played a couple games since patch since I've been busy, but if he feels as strong as he was around beta, I have no real issues with that. I just don't want this pendulum to keep swinging constantly due to fire and pitchfork tendencies with the fandom. They should continue to tinker with the base game, not put everything into a separate mode that would no doubt be avoided because its 'not the way the game was meant to be played' or a perceived nerf for counselor.

I have no doubts that besides whatever performance issues they may cause that rain/thunder will also end up being least played because it will be perceived as a buff for the killer.

• Like 1

Counselors going invisible is new just saw that a min ago. Also can longer view players still in match or see who is still alive or escaped.

26 minutes ago, KillsFaceDaily said:

It just took all of the fun out of it. Oh so now the object of the game is to just let one random kill the living shit out of you with no chance of getting out? Soooo...the car, phone, weapons, etc. are pretty much intractable but serve no real purpose since there's no real point in trying to escape? Lol. I personally liked everything how it was on both end when I played as either Jason or a counselor but it's whatever.

Me and my pals escaped Jason several times last night. From teamwork, people sacrificing themselves, not being afraid to use a pocket knife on traps, etc. It's like you guys want every Jason to be as bad as Jason 7 so you can get away without some form of sacrifice or give and take. 

Granted if some of the stun times are far too short, fix them up, fine. Jason should not be in 30 second stun animations all the time however, nor should he be capable of being stun locked. People got far too accustomed to the bugged Jason stun times due to how long the patch took to come around. If one or two counselors actually escape then bravo. Your team had the balls to play well and ensure at least someone escaped. If you're playing against part 7 this shouldn't be an issue at all. No more groups being incapable of taking damage from Jasons swings, no more free pass through windows, no first aid sprays being capable of making one of Jasons tools nigh useless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truth said:

That makes sense though. If you step in a bear trap, it's going to hurt. They're made to stop BEARS. I don't understand why people think you shouldn't limp from that.

If you're going to base this game on "reality", then a lot of stuff needs to change... I never changed out my thick-skinned perk and died after two traps last night. In the past that didn't happen. And I can agree that you should limp or take damage after a trap if that's how the Dev's want the game to be played, but now thick skin, in my opinion, is a worthless perk. I think that's the main issue for a lot of people. It will be interesting to see how it affects team play and how people adapt to it going forward. 

The only issue I have with the patch is the bugs such as the luck issue. I don't mind the thick skin nerf, you can still tank 2 traps at the cost of 1 medspray if you use the medic perk.

50 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Yeah, like I said, there may be strategies to circumvent this. Nasty perksess... :D

So long as it's not ridiculously overpowered, but that seems to be the way of perks early in a game's life. Sort of a 'wack a mole' approach to making sure perks are beneficial, but not so over-powering that any one becomes necessary.

Still, if they can find the balance where various perks help a team to set things up well, that's cool. So long as it's not just one that everyone must have.

Looking forward to your findings though! I just sat back and watched some matches and was excited by what I was seeing with the stun time reduction and how this could be the scary game I was sold on back in beta.

37 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Me and my pals escaped Jason several times last night. From teamwork, people sacrificing themselves, not being afraid to use a pocket knife on traps, etc. It's like you guys want every Jason to be as bad as Jason 7 so you can get away without some form of sacrifice or give and take. 

Granted if some of the stun times are far too short, fix them up, fine. Jason should not be in 30 second stun animations all the time however, nor should he be capable of being stun locked. People got far too accustomed to the bugged Jason stun times due to how long the patch took to come around. If one or two counselors actually escape then bravo. Your team had the balls to play well and ensure at least someone escaped. If you're playing against part 7 this shouldn't be an issue at all. No more groups being incapable of taking damage from Jasons swings, no more free pass through windows, no first aid sprays being capable of making one of Jasons tools nigh useless. 

...I've never once stunned him for 30 seconds and my bat stun perk is 40%. It's the fact that right now the game is too broken for me to actually enjoy. If you dig it that's great seriously. If you're pretty much going to die almost every game even when you were an exceptional player then what's the real point dude? What's the point in having Jason shift grab you and your pocket knife does almost nothing or another counselor is able to free you but Jason doesn't get stunned and you just get grabbed again. I just feel like it was more balanced while the last patch was active. The real thing of it is that you're a team but not 100%. You help others but try to ensure your survival while you're at it and with this last patch you can't even be a protector with how everything is made of plastic now....It was just a little too unbalanced for me but if it's good for you then rock it bromigo.....and with unbalanced I'm saying that for both Jason and counselors. It was way too easy to kill everyone with the new patch. I literally cleared a room in around 6-8 minutes....and that's just not fun to me.