Kodiak

All the things wrong with the newest patch

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Jason's stun recovery is now what it should be.

Are you sure about that? I just don’t think so. I did some messing around with this earlier trying to test some stuff out and the stun duration seems very short. I had my girlfriend knock me out with a baseball bat and I sat up in less than five seconds without even tapping X. The ‘Rise’ meter just filled right up. 

1 minute ago, TestedTwice said:

Are you sure about that? I just don’t think so. I did some messing around with this earlier trying to test some stuff out and the stun duration seems very short. I had my girlfriend knock me out with a baseball bat and I sat up in less than five seconds without even tapping X. The ‘Rise’ meter just filled right up. 

Pretty sure, according to the patch notes. The heavy hitter perk is the one you should use if you want to stun Jason for longer :) 

4 hours ago, 2moar said:

really seems a bit late to lock all those topics most of which had different things going on, bit of a shame, cause it seems doubtful people will want to post the same stuff again.

Which was exactly the goal of the action.

I mean it takes longer to join a session. But besides that. i'm good. Still hates how the host leaves, escpically when I'm jason!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Edited this out because I can’t figure out how to delete quote boxes. Anyway, another person on this forum, @A.J. Mason, mentioned a brilliant way to bring the scoreboard back, which would be to just make up on the D-pad do both emotes and the scoreboard on one screen. Maybe a half and half thing. That would definitely work the best. 

28 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Pretty sure, according to the patch notes. The heavy hitter perk is the one you should use if you want to stun Jason for longer :) 

Come to think of it, she was using Deborah.... Might not have been a good choice for testing this. :P

4 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

Absolutely number one for me is the now lack of a dedicated button to check the scoreboard! I consider that a bug because emotes are worthless and not worthy of a dedicated button.

Then there's the broken luck stat with weapons breaking in one hit for that douchebag Chad. Also, Jason's stun time has dramatically increased. I agree that it was way too long last patch, but now it's back to normal and I feel it's just too short. I've filled the 'Rise' meter before Jason even hit the ground on a few occasions. I think there needs to be more of an in-between on this.

I didn't experience the following ones myself, but I've heard the thick skin perk has been nerfed again. I'm hearing people say that they've been sent into a wounded state after just one bear trap. That's kind of silly in my eyes. I've also heard people saying they die after jumping out of a two story window? Also quite ridiculous.

Other than those, though..... Every thing else about this patch is great. I'm happy the window mechanics went back.

It's not a bug lol they changed the button dedication that's all. Yes it's annoying having to push different buttons to find it but it's not the end of the world 

• Like 1

I don't like how I have to go to the map to go to the summary. Can't they have emotes as RB (Or whatever block is on PC and PS4) in non-combat mode?

I also found a glitch, which I am soon to report, where if your on packanack large and go to the right entrance where the cops are, go to the left and get shot as Jason. You'll get glitch where you go through the rocks. Its Jason only so I don't see how cheaters can use it to win. Because if you try to sneak attack, you'll just get shot by the cops.

1 minute ago, Zombigrlhunter said:

It's not a bug lol they changed the button dedication that's all. Yes it's annoying having to push different buttons to find it but it's not the end of the world 

It’s definitely a bug. Up on the D-pad does nothing when playing as Jason, even though his control layout in the menu has the button marked as the scoreboard. 

5 hours ago, Trident77 said:

From what I've heard, apparently the thick skin perk doesn't work ATM. I don't have it, so I can't verify. On another note, I'm hoping the only "bug" regarding this perk is that the developers simply failed to completely delete it from the game.

The baseball bat also breaks after one hit. Good. Now they just have to change it so that Chad and Jenny, due to their high luck, can use it twice while it breaks in anyone's hands once, and I'll be a happy camper.

Other than this, heard there's some really brutal ones that need fixing like counselors becoming invisible, but I suppose I can just wait for a hot fix in the next few days or so.

This is just a person who prefers Jason who is happy about the broken thick skin perk lol .he wants bats to only have one hit until they break lol .At least the OP was balanced about what was wrong 

seems like they may have effed the stuns by reducing them all instead of the ones they were doubled

so the patch notes as we all know are not the end all be all, i mean look at what they do to perks and dont tell us about.

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Does it work now? Not trying to be a smart ass I just have epic Sucker Punch.

Heavy hitter does according to the patch notes. If you get a decent one (say 35%+), your stun time should definitely be noticeable.

Just now, Kodiak said:

Heavy hitter does according to the patch notes. If you get a decent one (say 35%+), your stun time should definitely be noticeable.

Excellent

I played two rounds last night (one as Chad and one as the J-Train) and experienced so many problems. So....pocket knives are useless(which pretty much makes the cars useless) because now once they(or any objective) gets trapped, they're trapped for good. Nobody wants to waste their one knife to pop a trap when every objective has multiples on them. Traps almost kill regardless of what version of Thick Skinned you use. (People saying shit like Oh, just take the trap and kill yourself for the better good of the team) Urmmmm.....No? When it comes down to it the main objective is to make it out alive and how are you supposed to do that by being the martyr every match? Every weapon I used pretty much snapped in one hit which is a pile o' crap. How are you supposed to be a protector when you spend more time rummaging through already searched cabins to find anything to defend yourself and others with over and over and over again? The "Shit is that a dead body" fear animation is back even when you're right next to Jason so that's crazy annoying again. Stamina Regen seems to have taken a pretty big hit as well. Stun times were fine before and have now been buffed to the point of being ridiculous. Now you're still 99.95% screwed if you get a stun off (when your one hit weapon actually makes contact). With Chad equipped with rare Thick Skinned, Heavy Hitter, and Slugger, my two hits that I was finally able to get on him didn't last but literally a few seconds...and since those perks are now useless what's the point? If you can't even make it close to the nearest house/cabin/barn you're screwed anyways. It's cool if you dig the whole Emote Wheel but I personally don't. If you want to sacrifice life saving seconds and knowledge of who is still alive quickly over giving someone a thumbs up then awesome. As with Jason, I used Part Six and there was absolutely no way anyone was able to survive. I'm usually able to kill all of the Counselors before this but now it's a joke and there is absolutely no challenge. The only annoyance is not knowing who is alive without pausing the game. I broke down barricaded doors in four hits. That made it outrageously easy to pick people off. With his Sense ability the inside of the entire cabin lights up now after killing the power boxes so hiding doesn't save you a second at all. So it's like he has Uber night vision inside a pitch black cabin. I still have problems picking up throwing knives so that slows him down momentarily. There was a few other things that I noticed but the fact is now you're pretty much playing a game that almost requires you to die. With Chad I was able to survive the 20 minutes but it was by far the absolute hardest thing I've had to do in a game. This isn't me bitching or ranting and I've been on this game nonstop. Two accounts (lvl 81 and 40) so I'm no slouch but the enjoyment was pretty much gone for the first time when I played last night. I hope you other guys still enjoy it though and this was through my PS4 so maybe not everything plays the same for everyone. 

5 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Seeing as there are bound to be dozens of topics of people saying 'X, Y and Z is broken with the latest patch', I'm temporarily pinning this topic where everyone can post anything they've found wrong with the newest patch :) Please don't start any new threads.

Lmfao, isn't this like saying: "Yeah we know we fucked up the game again by adding a bunch of shit no one asked for instead of giving you what you were promised. Here's a thread so you can rant about it!" 

5 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

Absolutely number one for me is the now lack of a dedicated button to check the scoreboard! I consider that a bug because emotes are worthless and not worthy of a dedicated button.

Then there's the broken luck stat with weapons breaking in one hit for that douchebag Chad. Also, Jason's stun time has dramatically increased. I agree that it was way too long last patch, but now it's back to normal and I feel it's just too short. I've filled the 'Rise' meter before Jason even hit the ground on a few occasions. I think there needs to be more of an in-between on this.

I didn't experience the following ones myself, but I've heard the thick skin perk has been nerfed again. I'm hearing people say that they've been sent into a wounded state after just one bear trap. That's kind of silly in my eyes. I've also heard people saying they die after jumping out of a two story window? Also quite ridiculous.

Other than those, though..... Every thing else about this patch is great. I'm happy the window mechanics went back.

Sorry but when one jumps out of a two story window I don't think it's silly to die at all! Jumping from a two story window and running away just fine is pretty fucking redicoulos. Maybe not dead but should be severely fucked up to say the least. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Lmfao, isn't this like saying: "Yeah we know we fucked up the game again by adding a bunch of shit no one asked for instead of giving you what you were promised. Here's a thread so you can rant about it!" 

No. This is a topic to keep the forum clean of duplicate threads.

33 minutes ago, KillsFaceDaily said:

I played two rounds last night (one as Chad and one as the J-Train) and experienced so many problems. So....pocket knives are useless(which pretty much makes the cars useless) because now once they(or any objective) gets trapped, they're trapped for good. Nobody wants to waste their one knife to pop a trap when every objective has multiples on them. Traps almost kill regardless of what version of Thick Skinned you use. (People saying shit like Oh, just take the trap and kill yourself for the better good of the team) Urmmmm.....No? When it comes down to it the main objective is to make it out alive and how are you supposed to do that by being the martyr every match? Every weapon I used pretty much snapped in one hit which is a pile o' crap. How are you supposed to be a protector when you spend more time rummaging through already searched cabins to find anything to defend yourself and others with over and over and over again? The "Shit is that a dead body" fear animation is back even when you're right next to Jason so that's crazy annoying again. Stamina Regen seems to have taken a pretty big hit as well. Stun times were fine before and have now been buffed to the point of being ridiculous. Now you're still 99.95% screwed if you get a stun off (when your one hit weapon actually makes contact). With Chad equipped with rare Thick Skinned, Heavy Hitter, and Slugger, my two hits that I was finally able to get on him didn't last but literally a few seconds...and since those perks are now useless what's the point? If you can't even make it close to the nearest house/cabin/barn you're screwed anyways. It's cool if you dig the whole Emote Wheel but I personally don't. If you want to sacrifice life saving seconds and knowledge of who is still alive quickly over giving someone a thumbs up then awesome. As with Jason, I used Part Six and there was absolutely no way anyone was able to survive. I'm usually able to kill all of the Counselors before this but now it's a joke and there is absolutely no challenge. The only annoyance is not knowing who is alive without pausing the game. I broke down barricaded doors in four hits. That made it outrageously easy to pick people off. With his Sense ability the inside of the entire cabin lights up now after killing the power boxes so hiding doesn't save you a second at all. So it's like he has Uber night vision inside a pitch black cabin. I still have problems picking up throwing knives so that slows him down momentarily. There was a few other things that I noticed but the fact is now you're pretty much playing a game that almost requires you to die. With Chad I was able to survive the 20 minutes but it was by far the absolute hardest thing I've had to do in a game. This isn't me bitching or ranting and I've been on this game nonstop. Two accounts (lvl 81 and 40) so I'm no slouch but the enjoyment was pretty much gone for the first time when I played last night. I hope you other guys still enjoy it though and this was through my PS4 so maybe not everything plays the same for everyone. 

Yeah....Just played a game and it's wonky as hell. Stunned Jason with a bat and it broke on the first hit and didn't even have time to start the car after hitting him. I got grabbed out the car and a counselor hit him after their weapon passed through his body twice and I was dropped and before I could even attempt to run off I was instantly grabbed again....because that's fun. 40% extra stun time for my perk huh? Nope....

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

I've noticed this...Now that the perks are fixed, you basically have to use them if you expect to be able to escape. Heavy Hitter to stun him longer, Grease Monkey to start the car faster...etc.

We played with our forum crew on Xbox last night and Grease Monkey is now required if you expect to be able to stun Jason and escape when he's near the car. Otherwise you're getting grabbed. There's no time to start the car...Heavy Hitter could also allow for a long enough stun to get it started...We'll have to experiment.

• Like 1

you shouldn't ever "HAVE" to have certain perks on to win/survive, that takes away the whole point of the perks system. seems like a great way to ruin fun gameplay

27 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

No. This is a topic to keep the forum clean of duplicate threads.

What ever helps you sleep at night. 

I'm just fed up with this game at this point. We keep getting shit we didn't ask for, and that shit comes with glitchy and game breaking side effects. Where is all the content we were promised?

We just have to be patient; wait for the content to come out. I can do that. However, what I can't do is wait for said content while the game gets worse and worse, and more unplayable each time an update comes out. By the time single player challenges are released I won't care anymore...

• Like 2

Of course this is like all of the other replies, but I'll try to propose ideas to fix these.

First off, the Jason stun time. This is worse than it was before. The stun time with pocketknives especially. The pocketknife stun time was perfect. Knives aren't even useful now because of the shortened stun. You'll be grabbed as you pick up your weapon anyway. Another big negative is the weapon stun time, again, especially with the bat. What used to be 6-8 seconds to mash the button to recover from the stun now takes 3-4 seconds to do so without even button mashing. It probably takes an even shorter time if you did mash the button to recover as Jason. It's seriously bad. Revert this change, and this is the first step to making this newest patch a damn good one.

Second, the emote/summary problem. I hate that the dedicated button for checking the scoreboard has been removed, now being used for emotes. I like the emote idea, believe me I do, but removing the dedicated button for the scoreboard and changing it to where we have to press start and go to mute players or just hitting the touchpad (on ps4) and hitting L1 is very annoying. Fix it to where the scoreboard and the emote wheel is possibly on the same screen when hitting up on the d-pad.

Third, the window deal. They said they'd revert it back to the way it was, but they really didn't. If I'm far from the window as Jason and I don't get the prompt, free swinging my weapon does nothing. Instead, you have to go up to it, and if you press the button to free swing, it puts you into the animation from before anyway. It's really redundant. This also hinders me from hitting counselors as they go through the window as well as breaking it, too. It's just slower, and is horrid.

Fourth, weapon durability. How does Chad, a counselor with 10 luck, have only one hit to a baseball bat? It broke in one hit when I hit Jason with it, and when he got back up (in like 3 seconds), I had nothing to attack back with. I died.

Lastly, and my biggest beef with this game: Getting stuck in hiding spots if you check the mute players screen. Instead of being able to close out of it by pressing circle, your character's "hold breath" bar gets triggered, and you aren't able to exit the mute players screen. I tried muting Jason and I got stuck, and I was there for a long time. Sitting there doing nothing is so boring, and ruins the game for me. I had to end up messaging the person playing as Jason to come kill me.

Keep the trap damage, that new fix is amazing. It's fine with me. Fix everything above, and honestly this patch is golden.

1 hour ago, KillsFaceDaily said:

Yeah....Just played a game and it's wonky as hell. Stunned Jason with a bat and it broke on the first hit and didn't even have time to start the car after hitting him. I got grabbed out the car and a counselor hit him after their weapon passed through his body twice and I was dropped and before I could even attempt to run off I was instantly grabbed again....because that's fun. 40% extra stun time for my perk huh? Nope....

Yup....Done with this game for now. Sucks because it was my favorite game since I bought it. Played a couple more games and it's just not what I expected it to start changing into. Fucking lame....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Wouldn't it be quicker to list all the things right with the patch?

the topic would be grease monkey works, the end. :blink: